Carney to the sharks

rumours are circling that flannagan and gal want carney and apparently gal is supposed to be like his mentor protector……
i wouldnt want to let gal down

imagine being a half at cronulla next year or a hooker
halves - robson, graham,kelly, porter, smith, townsend, carney possibly
hooker - degois morrris aiton flannagan

i have no idea why they bought robson when they already had a few halves…and i wonder what will happen in hooker with degois likely to be the number 9 what happens to morris aiton and flannagan as degois is an 80minute player

7 halves for 2 jerseys- id say graham townsend kelly and possibly carney would have the front foot

maybe the rabbity should call looking to buy one of them …kelly may want to play with big cousin G.I

they went on a massive recruitment drive but didn’t buy 1 single player where they needed to the most, the outside backs

Sharks need a quality half. Townsend showed promise, but is still a year off the pace.

If I were the Sharks, I’d have Carney at #6, Robson at #7 and Townsend to get a few games along the way. Graham is a lock or a pivot, so I’d even give him a crack at lock and move Gallen to prop or second row.

They’ve got a ton of halves and hookers, but apart from Graham, Robson and DeGois, none are really up to NRL standard.

A very ,very high risk signing for any club
Personally think he should be deregistered from the NRL

Just goes to show, no matter how badly you stuff up, someone will always want to buy you. I can’t believe anyone wants to go near the guy, he clearly has bigger issues.

I cabt believe clubs think they can set him straight. At the end of the day iys up to Carney to get his own head right, and he clearly cant.

Posted using RoarFEED

I guess talent speaks volumes, regardless of the personal demons and how destructive they may be to him playing up to his full potential…

@Marshall_magic:

Just goes to show, no matter how badly you stuff up, someone will always want to buy you. I can’t believe anyone wants to go near the guy, he clearly has bigger issues.

Wasn’t it funny Haven’t seen so many clubs in such a short period of time say they aren’t interested in a guy that was a Dally M winner last year
Speaks volume that the only club interested is very used to dealing with his types previously
Bird ,Seymour etc
If they sign him they will get what they deserve

Put Wade Graham to lock. I thought Morris and Flanagan were off contract next yr?

@happy tiger:

@Marshall_magic:

Wasn’t it funny Haven’t seen so many clubs in such a short period of time say they aren’t interested in a guy that was a Dally M winner last year
Speaks volume that the only club interested is very used to dealing with his types previously
Bird ,Seymour etc
If they sign him they will get what they deserve

He’s a lost cause, the only person who can save him is Todd Carney. I don’t know why anybody would want him in his current state. He had a year out of the game working in the middle of no where, then came back, was the best player in the game, represented his country, almost won a competition and was earmarked for origin, yet still can’t motivate himself to stay off the drink. A club can only do so much for a player, motivation and drive comes from the player, and it’s clear Carney has none.

@Sabre:

I cabt believe clubs think they can set him straight. At the end of the day iys up to Carney to get his own head right, and he clearly cant.

Posted using RoarFEED

Thats not to say he cant get it together in future.

Good luck to him, a brilliant talent at his best, I hope he can get back on track & fulfill his potential.
We all make mistakes…some are harder to overcome than others

@jirskyr:

Put Wade Graham to lock. I thought Morris and Flanagan were off contract next yr?

cronulla already have a strong pack with smith gallen tagatese tupou bukuya
and you wouldnt shift gallen to the front row to compensate for the move of graham.
they just bought ross gibbs fifita and have mannah and cordoba

de gois is definitely hooker with most likely morris to the bench

halves well i believe graham kelly(was killing it early on) and townsend are my clear favourites….i dont rate robson- neither does kearney

@Cultured Bogan:

Sharks need a quality half. Townsend showed promise, but is still a year off the pace.

If I were the Sharks, I’d have Carney at #6, Robson at #7 and Townsend to get a few games along the way. Graham is a lock or a pivot, so I’d even give him a crack at lock and move Gallen to prop or second row.

They’ve got a ton of halves and hookers, but apart from Graham, Robson and DeGois, none are really up to NRL standard.

albert kelly was killing it at the start of the year….robson cant even get a look in above mguire or hayne - kearney obviously doesnt rate him…he is a dull player.

who would you ever move one of the worlds best players…the sharks alreadys have tupou smith tagatese bukuya who are quality forwards at second row…and they will have gibbs fifita ross cordoba mannah in the forwards

@gold on black:

@Cultured Bogan:

albert kelly was killing it at the start of the year….robson cant even get a look in above mguire or hayne - kearney obviously doesnt rate him…he is a dull player.

who would you ever move one of the worlds best players…the sharks alreadys have tupou smith tagatese bukuya who are quality forwards at second row…and they will have gibbs fifita ross cordoba mannah in the forwards

Ease up mate. I was getting at how they’ve got a plethora of halves and the best part of them are not first grade quality yet (or never will be.) Robson might be a no frills player, but IMO he’s the best #7 the Sharks have got next year and would be a good halfback to have alongside Carney. Kelly was killing it at the beginning of the year, but Mortimer did too two seasons ago and look where he ended up. As for Gallen, Sticky moved him to the front row for Origin and he was stellar there.

As it stands, the Sharks have officially distanced themselves from him and this may not pan out anyway.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.