Lawrence & Tuqiri

They’re both going to be big factors in the Tigers winning the competition this year. They both need to fire up this week and somehow get their combo going from the get go. I know it’s going to be hard as they are both coming back from injuries but it’s so important that when we go out wide they’re able to create something off from Benji. It worked so well at the start of the year. If they can both have massive games this week (and hopefully we win) then this will give them a lot of confidence going into the Storm game and we need them to be playing A class without a doubt in that game.

Possibly the form of Tuqiri vs Manu could be a big factor in this match. Both are in terrible form lately and whichever comes right this game could decide it big time.

Come on Lote.

Tuqiri has lost his spark since his injuries, hopefully with lawrence partnering him, he will be gaining meteres forward not sideways… Glad to have them both back together.

@WestsSupporter:

Possibly the form of Tuqiri vs Manu could be a big factor in this match. Both are in terrible form lately and whichever comes right this game could decide it big time.

Come on Lote.

I heard Beau Ryan being interviewed this week and when asked how he will handle Manu, he said ‘with a weapon’ :slight_smile: Good old Beau knows how to come back with an answer.

Lote has looked like a shot duck since coming back from injury. His speed is down but more worrying is his power and strength seem to have deserted him. His defensive hit ups, that used to be one of his real strengths are now weak and of course his ball security is shocking.

Now having just given poor Lote a spray, I have every confidence he will lift over the next few weeks after all he is a champion player and a champion bloke

@CocaCola:

Tuqiri has lost his spark since his injuries, hopefully with lawrence partnering him, he will be gaining meteres forward not sideways… Glad to have them both back together.

His sideward runs on Saturday night made me cringe… every time he did it you could just tell he was going to spill it! Hopefully this week he’ll run straight!

Why does everyone rate Tuqiri so highly? I expressed my concerns weeks ago about his return and so far I have been proven right. He didn’t do anything on Friday night apart from crab sideways and drop 2 balls.

Yet everyone smashes into Utai every chance they get. He is a winger, not a centre. Of course Gasnier was going to play all over him.

For the record I would have Utai in this side before Tuqiri at this moment. Lote is too slow and past it…… Yea I went there!!!

Very brave of you Shane. I was thinking it but didn’t have the guts to put it out there. Lote was shocking last week - I’d have Utai on the wing ahead of him

Posted using RoarFEED

@Long Distance Tiger:

Very brave of you Shane. I was thinking it but didn’t have the guts to put it out there. Lote was shocking last week - I’d have Utai on the wing ahead of him

Posted using RoarFEED

Thanks… I just say what I see.

@shane2801:

Why does everyone rate Tuqiri so highly? I expressed my concerns weeks ago about his return and so far I have been proven right. He didn’t do anything on Friday night apart from crab sideways and drop 2 balls.

Yet everyone smashes into Utai every chance they get. He is a winger, not a centre. Of course Gasnier was going to play all over him.

For the record I would have Utai in this side before Tuqiri at this moment. Lote is too slow and past it…… Yea I went there!!!

I agree but it’s only due to his injury. You only have to look at last year when Tuqiri pretty much played every game of the year and he was one of our stand out players. He has pretty much missed the entire year due to injury so he is still gaining his confidence. Look at Moltzen for example, everybody was bagging him out at the start of the season saying he’s not good enough but that was due to his lack of confidence coming back from a serious knee injury. Now towards the end of this season he has really stepped it up, looking like the player he was in '09. You just gotta give these things time.

@cunno:

@WestsSupporter:

Come on Lote.

I heard Beau Ryan being interviewed this week and when asked how he will handle Manu, he said ‘with a weapon’ :slight_smile: Good old Beau knows how to come back with an answer.

Lets just hope he keeps the weapon concealed Cunno
I don’t know how he will go at the judiciary otherwise
Grade 4 attacking the head intentional with a ube stick

teams talk of the dragons left edge as being the best in the league…but i believe the tigers is superior when we have full strength with lawrence on board

lote v morris - pretty even
lawrence v cooper - pretty even
benji v soward - benji
boyd vs moltzen - boyd
ellis v creagh - ellis

the tigers win 2 positions to the dragons 1 and they share quality in 2 other positions

Obviously Lote will go better with Lawrence inside him!!! Our lethal left is back baby wooooooots!!

Posted using RoarFEED

@simonthetiger:

Obviously Lote will go better with Lawrence inside him!!! Our lethal left is back baby wooooooots!!

Posted using RoarFEED

That sounds so wrong…

@Alf Duguid:

@simonthetiger:

Posted using RoarFEED

That sounds so wrong…

Thanks for the image.

:roll

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.