Definitely an interesting experience…
- The Metro GUI is great! Would look great for a HTPC imo
- Digging the style too, nice clean look and feel. Uncluttered.
- Like how windows button cycles between the metro and old desktop worlds as well.
- Performance was amazing too considering this is a dev build and I was running it on a virtual box that doesn’t properly support it.
- Still sold on the new ribbon explorer interface though… although it took me a while to enjoy and appreciate the ribbon in office, so time will tell i guess…
Can’t wait for the release date!
There has NOT been a major OS release like this since OS9 and Win95 IMO. This has the ability to be huge! The same OS on your phone, tablet and desktop… Add into the fact the OS is going to support HTML5 apps natively! Very VERY exciting stuff…
Plan on installing the Dev preview this morning in a virtual machine too.
They apparently gave away tablets running this at their build conference to every attendee. Don’t have the full specs but didn’t look too much bigger than an iPad but ran a Core i5 processor.
Made by Samsung, Apple will try to sue them instead of compete
Didn’t they only just release Windows 7…?
This is a Dev preview, the full OS won’t be released until EOY 2012 apparently. Also Windows 7 was release 2yrs ago. Apparently MS are keen on more frequent OS releases, similar to Apple once 8 is launched. Although I don’t know if this is true or not…
1 thing that I have seen in some demos is the way to switch between running apps in the Metro layer. You can swipe in from the left edge to bring the next app up, but it seems you need to flick through all of them until you get the one you want, rather than selecting a specific app.
Not a major thing but if you had 10 apps running and wanted to switch between 2 of them, it makes for a lot of un necessary swiping.
I cannot…. Stop laughing. Enjoy the new blue screen of death.
Running on VMWare, which doesn’t support it… got that screen too trying to install… The crash has nothing to do with Win8 though, its VMWare.
Never had a BSoD using Win7… ever… and I overclock the CRAP out of it. I used get the GSoD constantly on my old piece of crap iCrap though.