The only thing that worries me

Matt Elliot mentioned this in the rag today as did another poster, sorry i forget who???
Groat and Woods,both going great,but imo are harshly dealt with by the refs and are conceding quite a few penalties in our 20-40 minute period!!
This is my only worry!
Thoughts???

Posted using RoarFEED

That is a pretty reasonable worry.

Woods in particular gets pinged for seemingly nothing. Gets busted for a ruck infringement so minor yet Galloway can get put in a semi guillotiine choke by Weyman and nothing happens

Woods can be his own worst enemy. He got penalised for a facial in the match against Penrith which led directly to the Pamfers scoring just before half time. Blow me down if he didnt do the same thing without being penalised the week after. Agree that Groat has been more harshly treated.

Maybe theyre both gunning for Gibbos spot…

One of them will have to perfect Gibbo’s stupid look of innocence when he is pinged if they are to fully step into his shoes.

To Bryce’s credit he just about has that out of his game now.

I think if that’s their only worry we must be pretty well placed :slight_smile:

How about the severly under-done Tuqiri and Lawrence combo?

Woods could have pinged a few times against the Drags, he really pushes the boundary, but I guess that comes with experience. Also the refs tend to aim up at the young inexperienced players rather than the big names. Anyway its all a learning process and lets hope he dosnt cost us a big game like tonight

@supercoach:

Woods could have pinged a few times against the Drags, he really pushes the boundary, but I guess that comes with experience. Also the refs tend to aim up at the young inexperienced players rather than the big names. Anyway its all a learning process and lets hope he dosnt cost us a big game like tonight

Good point SC about the newer players getting pinged more readily
I think it is their way of teaching the kids what they expect in top grade
What Gareth might get away with Aaron won’t

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.