Will this team 'ever' really grow up?

Bottom line = we didn’t respect them.

Never bothered going for the repeat sets in the second half, running on the last, back to the whole “don’t earn it, just go for the magic play” stuff of the first 70% of the season.

Back to the whole “hero” ball stuff that got us in trouble the majority of the season.

I really thought we’d grown up as a team.

I was wrong.

Kick for the sideline and the Warriors have to go 100 to win. They can’t bomb from a good position. They are forced to try their hand.

Instead, they started near the half way line……go close enough to bomb…and luck fell their way.

We gave them the right to win with a bit of luck.

A ‘smart’ team would have made them go 100 to win.

Our leaders are in their mid 20s…it’s not like Robbie and Benji are kids. It was them who didn’t go for the kick on the 5th.

that running on the last with 4 to go on halfway was a disgrace

this team is stupid and doesnt deserve to be in the final 4

I had a feeling warriors would win when benji was tackled on half way.

Have to agree. The warriors didnt win this, we lost it, and u could see it coming. We as fans sub-consciensly underestimated the Warriors, and so did the players. I felt it might happen, but its sooo hard to stop, even for prefesional athletes. But the sad fact is, if theres ever a side that wont be consistently professional, its a Tim Sheens coached team……its been proven for years.

I just don’t know why you’d run on the last with 4 to go in a KO semi?

Score another try? We win.
Don’t score, but keep them down their end? We win.

Either way, we win.

Give them easy field position to set up a bomb? = Maybe they win.

The ONLY option that had the Warriors winning was us running it and getting caught in possession.

And that’s the one we took. just freaking unbelievable.

Sorry for the negative posts, but I seriously thought we’d grown up the past three months. This loss just didn’t have to happen. Not sure we’ll ever grow up to be honest. More likely we’ll be one of those teams that just doesn’t win when it ‘really’ matters due to stupidity / low percentage plays.

Biggest difference between Smith and Farah is Smith knows when to play it safe into the corners, hopefully the boys will learn from this experience next year

@Demonborger:

Biggest difference between Smith and Farah is Smith knows when to play it safe into the corners, hopefully the boys will learn from this experience next year

Well they didn’t after last years semis. that game tonight reminded me of the faders game only we got away with that one last year.

@cnx_tigers:

Bottom line = we didn’t respect them.

Never bothered going for the repeat sets in the second half, running on the last, back to the whole “don’t earn it, just go for the magic play” stuff of the first 70% of the season.

Back to the whole “hero” ball stuff that got us in trouble the majority of the season.

I really thought we’d grown up as a team.

I was wrong.

Kick for the sideline and the Warriors have to go 100 to win. They can’t bomb from a good position. They are forced to try their hand.

Instead, they started near the half way line……go close enough to bomb…and luck fell their way.

We gave them the right to win with a bit of luck.

A ‘smart’ team would have made them go 100 to win.

Our leaders are in their mid 20s…it’s not like Robbie and Benji are kids. It was them who didn’t go for the kick on the 5th.

Well said…your top line was our bottom line tonight.…we should’ve respected them and the lead more…but we didn’t…and paid the price for it our 2011 season is now over!!..well folks…I’ve enjoyed the ride…I’ve enjoyed the forum and eveyone’s views on here…take care and see you in 2012…

..Alexaki signing off for 2011 over and out!! :sign:

@Demonborger:

Are you Phil Gould??? I dont get why Farah is the one copping the blame for this. Maybe he should have kicked from dummy half, but he passed it to Benji to kick, it was BENJI who decided to run it. Both these great players have made some clanger of decisions over the years on when to run or kick the ball……but this decision by Marshall is number one on the bad decision list.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.