The thing I keep thinking back to...

Is the years of 2000-2004 and 2006-2009.

Making the semi-finals and having the team we have at the moment makes the loss a bit easier to take.

I’d much prefer to go out like we have the last two years than the dross we dished up in those years.

Tigers! :sign:

I have no doubt we’ll go further next year! :supporter:

i was satisfied last year with our efforts

this year (and i know we had a horrendous injury toll) i really believe we should have done better

everything that makes us not a great team was why we exited the year early tonight

Thinking walking away tonite last year was our year, the semis road then to now seemed much easier……maybe time has dulled my memory.

The bottom line is in 2010 we lost to a team that, as hard as it is to admit, kind of deserved their premiership. Saints were the best team all year and we did well to get very, very close.

The bottom line in 2011 is that we are a much better team than the Warriors. We beat them twice…led 12-0, 18-6 and were absolutely cruising. We could have / should have won by 30 tonight.

We lost to a team that is not as good as us. That’s not being bitter, good luck to them and I genuinely hope they win the comp.

But we blew it.

Previous post summed it up perfectly.

@cnx_tigers:

The bottom line is in 2010 we lost to a team that, as hard as it is to admit, kind of deserved their premiership. Saints were the best team all year and we did well to get very, very close.

The bottom line in 2011 is that we are a much better team than the Warriors. We beat them twice…led 12-0, 18-6 and were absolutely cruising. We could have / should have won by 30 tonight.

We lost to a team that is not as good as us. That’s not being bitter, good luck to them and I genuinely hope they win the comp.

But we blew it.

+1

@cnx_tigers:

But we blew it.

yes, 100% agree…. Tougher pill to swallow tonight considering this.

You guys are missing my point.

What I was saying is I’d much prefer to be in the situation we’re in now than those years mentioned.

Ie: playing good footy, winning matches and making the finals.

The last two years have been wonderful for the club. Yes, it’s disappointing we couldn’t make it to the Grand Final again and we lost the seemingly unloseable match tonight, but we are establishing ourself as a top club.

With the new recruits for next year and the talent from this year I think it’s an exciting time for the club.

@steven_tiger:

Is the years of 2000-2004 and 2006-2009.

Making the semi-finals and having the team we have at the moment makes the loss a bit easier to take.

I’d much prefer to go out like we have the last two years than the dross we dished up in those years.

Tigers! :sign:

I have no doubt we’ll go further next year! :supporter:

Yes I rememebr thinking it would be good to be like saints regulalry making the finals

It is good to be playing in September, the club is succesful…has been for a couple of years.only one though can win the big one

@steven_tiger:

You guys are missing my point.

What I was saying is I’d much prefer to be in the situation we’re in now than those years mentioned.

Ie: playing good footy, winning matches and making the finals.

The last two years have been wonderful for the club. Yes, it’s disappointing we couldn’t make it to the Grand Final again and we lost the seemingly unloseable match tonight, but we are establishing ourself as a top club.

With the new recruits for next year and the talent from this year I think it’s an exciting time for the club.

completely agree, great post.
I’m very grateful the tigers are now established as a bona fide finals team and the last two seasons, genuine premiership contenders; far better than the years they missed out!

bring on 2012. :sign:

id like to be like a broncos or melbourne, where they never miss finals football
but there are 16 teams in this comp that will strive to play finals football next year ,just hope the wests tigers are one of them

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.