Anyone feeling humbled?

i’m guessing there are a few out there feeling this way atm. All i read all week was what we need to do to beat Melbourne. There was more attention paid to them then the Warriors. We were even discussing who was going down. I’m sure there will be a lot of talk on how the players might have shown the Warriors dis-respect at how they shut down, but i also think half the members on this forum also were guilty of dis-respect. Hopefully this might be a lesson to only look at what is in front of you without getting too far ahead of yourselves. If this were the Dragons fans we’d be sitting back having a nice chuckle. Hopefullly some people learn from this before they head too far down the rd of those cocky dragons fans

Yes most definitely And I put my hand up.

I think the performance the warriors put in last week against Bris had a lot to do with it for us here.

I think the softness of our early trys and the penalties and possesion had a a lot to do with it for the players

Yeah plenty of people talking about Melbourne next week before we even played the warriors. Hope some supporters have learned a hard lesson.

Posted using RoarFEED

No, i’m not feeling humbled. There was no doubt in my mind this was going to be a danger game. There’s a difference between being confident and being arrogant ( i.e planning 2 weeks ahead in a knockout competition). Like you i hope people learn from this too. And as Ink said, i think the players thought it was only a matter of by how much after they got out to 18-6. Having said that from the players point of view, they are a friggin big side, and being a reserve down was taking it’s toll on the boys.

I must say though the first time I laid eyes on that stupid grand final thread and where they might go to celebrate 😒 I called for it to be deleted.
Anyway anything said on here I doubt has any bearing what happens on the field

another thing i heard you say Ink was about all the luck we’ve had this yr with calls going our way. You said that our luck was bound to change and it did. And it couldn’t have changed at a worse time either

I have never, ever assumed that the Tigers were a “shoe-in” to win any game. Of course, there were games where I’ve felt pretty confident in their chances, including last night. But I’ve never thought of any game as an automatic win. After the way our seasons in '07, '08 and '09 ended there really shouldn’t be a single person supporting the Tigers who should. Last night while at the game I never thought we were safe. In fact, it bugged me when they took the two points to lead by eight. It made me think that they had the same mentality the Dragons had last week.

@GNR4LIFE:

i’m guessing there are a few out there feeling this way atm. All i read all week was what we need to do to beat Melbourne. There was more attention paid to them then the Warriors. We were even discussing who was going down. I’m sure there will be a lot of talk on how the players might have shown the Warriors dis-respect at how they shut down, but i also think half the members on this forum also were guilty of dis-respect. Hopefully this might be a lesson to only look at what is in front of you without getting too far ahead of yourselves. If this were the Dragons fans we’d be sitting back having a nice chuckle. Hopefullly some people learn from this before they head too far down the rd of those cocky dragons fans

Completely agree.

I’m the most one eyed tiger fan you will find, however I was worried this would happen.

Having said that I’m gutted, and still cranky about it this morning.

Sorry wife and kids for being an arsehole so far today.

😦

im not feeling humbled gnr - just dissapointed - we are better than the warriors and should be playing melbourne next week. our wish our coaching staff was as good as our playing staff. we are missing a general. yeh - i feel dissapointed because the better team lost. definately cleary over sheens in my book. I’m leaving the players out of this one. i hope sheens is better next year, im sure the players will be ready. just give them a general.

I dont feel humbled either…I had complete faith in the Tiges last night and wont appologise for it.

X your way off about Sheens. I am a critic but he has done an amazing job to get this broken and dishevelled side to a top 4 finish. The players have had a hard couple of months playing do or die footy for the most part and it took it out of them. Add that to the fact that Gibbs played half a game and the writing was on the wall early in the second half for mine.

…also the better 80 minute side won last night. We had them in the first 40 but ultimately we were very brave to almost steal a victory off a fast finishing and stronger opponent.

@stryker:

I dont feel humbled either…I had complete faith in the Tiges last night and wont appologise for it.

X your way off about Sheens. I am a critic but he has done an amazing job to get this broken and dishevelled side to a top 4 finish. The players have had a hard couple of months playing do or die footy for the most part and it took it out of them. Add that to the fact that Gibbs played half a game and the writing was on the wall early in the second half for mine.

…also the better 80 minute side won last night. We had them in the first 40 but ultimately we were very brave to almost steal a victory off a fast finishing and stronger opponent.

there is a difference between having faith and showing a blatant disregard for the team your up against by showing them zero respect by looking past them to your next potential opponent. Those are the people i am referring to

I understand that mate but at the end of the day there isnt much use in rubbing peoples noses in it….We’re all hurting the same dude.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.