This loss proves something to me about the forum

We arnt so bad.

When we have a shattering loss throughout the year, there are a lot of negative posts which many of the consistantly positive attitude brigade take to heart. Its often claimed (and i support and claim myself) that its reasonable to be critical of the side and pick out points we need to improve……well the point im trying to make is, after the most shattering loss we have had, and with no next week to improve, in my opinion, we have been very very calm and accepting on a whole. The aggressive negative posts are at a minimum for a loss, and i think this proves that we all have the the Wests Tigers best interest at heart even throughout the critical times during the year.

Its been a very entertaining year to say the least, and all the very different characters and opinions on this forum make it both fun and frustrating lol.

We were comprehensively out played in the second half but it was not through lack of effort or anything, We lost momentum and things can go pear shape very quickly. Re mined me of the Chooks semi final last year, when we had the early running only to get ran down. For a team that hardly got out of first gear for half a year they did good and the signs for 2012 look good

We missed Gibbs massively. His defense around the middle was missed groat and woods weren’t up to it defensively when the warriors had us under the pump

@smoking gun:

We missed Gibbs massively. His defense around the middle was missed groat and woods weren’t up to it defensively when the warriors had us under the pump

We were in trouble the minute he went off

Good post Sirro, agreed.

I only really blow up on here when effort has not been put in. That was not the case last night, they tried but ran out of steam. Its been a long 10 weeks and they showed massive signs of fatigue.

Hopefully next year we play more consistantly and eleviate the pressure of having to play finals footy for 2 1/2 months straight. It takes too much out of you.

Or maybe we are just too stunned to fire up.

But I think you are right, we can’t complain about the effort and results of the past 10 weeks.

@mike:

@smoking gun:

We were in trouble the minute he went off

You can’t compete against a team with that much size and aggression, that has just come off a 30 point flogging in a final for 65min. Credit goes to the boys for competing for 62min, unfortunately we couldn’t hold on for the remaining 3min. Good luck next year Weststigers.

not sad about result.
glad of the massive performance team had in winning 9 games, ( new club record) in a row.
finished in 4th place on ladder, before the finals matches.
had a few injuries over the season, and team did their best to overcome/adapt with this , and that all we can ask for.
be proud of your selves wests-tigers.
in the off season don’t be bored for in 2012, at end of the season wests-tigers will have NRL trophy back at camp concord. :sign:

great OP and topic. well done.

personally, i think that if you look at the bigger picture it was a pretty wild ride this year. the transfer sagas, benjis court issue….

i myself was only really thinking about Melbourne next week and didn’t think the warriors would be much trouble. problem is maybe the players were like minded?!
wow, the warriors have some monsters! i think as soon as gibbs went off they were then crippled by lack of forward power and just failed to fall over the line. utai should have been utailised (he he…) way sooner IMO.

ah well. thems the breaks, i love the tigers and like all love it has its euphoria and heartache in the same package.

there are so many positives to being a wests tigers supporter and i am so proud to be one:

1. they are always a fair hard and exciting team.
2. they have a coach with dignity and composure (would hate hasler or stuart)
3. they have very few if any off field indiscretions and a great public image (please guys, no mad monday headlines!)
4. Chris Lawrence. legend.
5. the future looks amazing with how many young players already there and coming through
6. there are no “grubs” like ennis, matai, bird, all of manly…!!
7. very rarely do i see WT fans on forums posting in the manner of other clubs fans (e.g.; st george, manly…again!)
8. they’ve never been involved in the disgrace that was the “battle of brookvale” (although i confess i wouldn’t mind seeing a melb manly GF now the tiges are out!!)

how many sleeps til next season?

Cant complain about the effort that was put in, just the result, but these things happen. I would of loved to of seen the Tigers win especially for Gibbs, Payten, & Moltzen who are moving on, but it was not to be . As i said to my daughter one day the way the Tigers play anything can happen & usually does & i think thats why i love supporting the Wests Tigers.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.