Your (high)lights and low(lights) of 2011?

Highlight - making the 8’s and narrowing missing the GF qualifier
Lowlight -making the 8’s and narrowing missing the GF qualifier 😢 / Dwyer injury

Highlight - our comeback win against the Warriors :slight_smile:

Lowlight - their comeback win against us 😦

Lowlight has to be Dwyer’s injury, its tragic. Fridays loss was heartbreaking but theres next year, there may never be a next year for this kid. I have a hatred of seeing unfullfilled talent, especially when its due to injury. Adam Ritson is a player i often think of, would have loved to see how good he could have been.

Highlight was the 2 week heavyweight slayings of Manly and St George in consecutive weeks.

• The 9 game streak while not even reaching our peak
  • Dwyers injury
  • The mid season pushing of players out

the wins against the dragons, the loss friday night that we lost ourselves.

Highlights:

Watching our team overcome the adversity of Injuries and having to use 31 players, Contractual Bickerings, Slanderous Media Smear, Coaching Staff Speculation, Rumours and Innuendo regarding team harmony, Salary cap issues, and the Courtcases to still find a way to be competitive on the field, and finish fourth, and threaten for the Title in a major way. Great work by the guys.

Lowlights:

• Barb Dwyers injury.
  • The last five minutes of the game vs the Warriors in the last game of the season.

Lowlight is easy, Friday nights loss, highlight beating Manly at Gosford.

Highlight: Golden turning the corner in his negativity.

Lowlight?: Damo not fronting up and honouring his bet.

As for the team, there was no lowlight. They provided us with heaps of thrills and great football. While I am disappointed we lost on Friday I am so happy we got to play semis two years in a row and also have the likelihood of palying them again next year.

highlight: seeing us get to 4th spot after all the injuries and off field drama’s. Beating Manly and the Dragons during the regular season when all the experts had us down for losses. Beating the Dragons in the opening finals game.

lowlight: hands down, Dwyer

High: 2011

Low: Injuries

@underdog:

Highlights:

Watching our team overcome the adversity of Injuries and having to use 31 players, Contractual Bickerings, Slanderous Media Smear, Coaching Staff Speculation, Rumours and Innuendo regarding team harmony, Salary cap issues, and the Courtcases to still find a way to be competitive on the field, and finish fourth, and threaten for the Title in a major way. Great work by the guys.

Lowlights:

• Barb Dwyers injury.
  • The last five minutes of the game vs the Warriors in the last game of the season.

Nailed it for me Underdog Only thing i would add was a couple of the losses we had when we offerred little for long periods
Titans game
Souths game
Parra game

Highlights:
-Beating Souths 30-6 with a big injury toll
-Coming back to beat Manly and St George in back to back games
-Beating the Dragons again in the finals
-Smashing Canberra in Canberra
-Smashing Parra (always god to beat them)
-Winning 9 in a row
-Coming back to beat the Warriors

Lowlights:
-Dwyer’s injury
-Games again Souths@ANZ and Parra@Parra
-Blowing the lead in the semis against the Warriors
-Blowing a lead against the Titans
-Not putting 2 good halves together
-The fact that 6 of our 9 regular season losses came against teams that missed the 8 (Dogsx2, Souths, Roosters, Titans, Parra)
-Injuries to Lote and Lawrence

Highlight:

Our run of 9 and more specifically watching Benji always pulling something new out of his bottomless bag of trick and how the teams confidence grew throughout the streak.

Lowlight:

Simon Dwyer’s injury.

Posted using RoarFEED

Highlights - Second half of the season including knocking off the dragons, manly and snatching 4th.
Seeing Rowdy come back from that horrible injury
The look on benji’s face when mitch brown kicked that sideline conversion against the titans

Lowlights - Dwyers injury

• Bulldogs, Bunnies and Parra losses. Bulldogs especially!!

Highlights - form leading into the Finals, probably the St George win.
Lowlights - Simon Dwyer’s injury and the loss (the damn……###### loss) last week.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.