Willie mason ???

• @Flippedy:

@underdog:

@innsaneink:

@underdog:

Lol, Mason should fire his manager.

He had a 1yr +1yr 120k/year guaranteed deal with the tigers, and he’s manager baulked at it, citing he wanted it back ended and 2yrs guaranteed. They walked.

Now he’s on Match payments with a frankly DULL team for six months….

What a negotiator!! He probably got Ben T’eo to do the wheelin and dealin… :mrgreen:

Lol, good luck to ya then Willie - at least the Tigers were willing to look after you somewhat… :roll

I suppose youve got a link for that.

I suppose you cite your constant rhetoric with link after link?

This is all stuff that has been discussed on the forums here before - by various sources. If you like, i’ll edit the post and put “ALLEDGEDLY” in before my statements. :mrgreen:

As I was kinda asking earlier, but you chose to ignore, I thought WE were the ones who baulked, not Mason?

Yep, club gets neg vibes from fans and sponsors on Willie……but UD reckons we been talking about something else.
    News to me. :crazy

• Sigh

It starts from here -

http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10806&hilit=120k&start=1062#p276027

here’s a link for you ink - There you go - it goes on for about the next 4 or so pages - you even comment literally a page or two after the discussion is over so surely you must have read it….

sorry Flippedy I wasn’t dodging the question, I thought you had already come to your own conclusions - my bad.

• @JoshTheNewcastleFan:

Lol this should be interesting, Laurie & Mason playing & training with the same team! 😆

Smackdown - Laurie wants piece of Mason

THE Sydney Roosters don’t want him. Rival clubs are wary. But there’s one hombre who wants to see William Marshall Mason remain in the NRL. ‘‘Tell Willie Mason when I see him I’m going to slap him in the face,’’ goaded new Panthers recruit Daine Laurie. ‘‘I’m gonna hurt him if he actually gets a start this year.’’ It turns out Mason and Laurie have a mutual friend and the latter was furious when word filtered though that Big Willie had bagged his fellow bookend. ‘’[A friend] saw Willie out and was saying ‘How about Daine Laurie, he runs pretty hard and he’s a pretty good player’,’’ Laurie explained. ‘‘Then Willie told him ‘Nah, he’s a poor excuse for a footballer and is just a drunk’. And calling me a drunk! Is he serious? He loves a drink. Everyone knows that. If you can put that in the paper, then put it in the paper. I used to have nothing but respect for the guy until I heard that. But that’s it.’’ Laurie has bulked up eight kilograms, bringing him up to a Mason-esque 116kg. We’re already salivating at the prospect of the young bull and the old one sorting it out. Old school. Mason was unavailable for comment. If he joins the Cowboys, they happen to play Laurie’s Panthers in round two - the Saturday night of March 20 in Townsville. Meanwhile, Laurie is fighting to be fit for the Indigenous team for the All Stars match in a fortnight after breaking a toe at training last week.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/smackdow…0130-n5dr.html

I forgot all about that little feud….should be interesting at training.

• @underdog:

Sigh

It starts from here -

http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10806&hilit=120k&start=1062#p276027

here’s a link for you ink - There you go - it goes on for about the next 4 or so pages - you even comment literally a page or two after the discussion is over so surely you must have read it….

sorry Flippedy I wasn’t dodging the question, I thought you had already come to your own conclusions - my bad.

Sigh?
    I think you put too much credence on what gets said around here, you made it sound like you were quoting something official…only reason why I asked for a link. I like genuine facts
    Forum comments usually are forgotten as soon as i read them and worth even less…not worth hanging on to.
    Thanks for the informative discussion.

• @innsaneink:

@underdog:

Sigh

It starts from here -

Sigh?
    I think you put too much credence on what gets said around here, you made it sound like you were quoting something official…only reason why I asked for a link. I like genuine facts
    Forum comments usually are forgotten as soon as i read them and worth even less…not worth hanging on to.
    Thanks for the informative discussion.

Not a problem. :sign:

• Banned

@milford_magic:

Knights have got a bargain. What can they lose by paying a guy 40k?

The thing I hate about all this is, what do Newcastle have to lose. Everyones like its not a good representation of the club etc, but the moment you play 1 game everyone forgets. Look at all the other guys who are playing NRL at the moment like Greg Bird, Reni Matuia and Todd Carney. People are like “dont touch them” , but then they come back and they play a few games, they win you a few games and everyone forgets. And the most ridiculous thing is you sign them for 1/5th or half of what there worth.

x2 mate

• @Goose:

@JoshTheNewcastleFan:

Lol this should be interesting, Laurie & Mason playing & training with the same team! 😆

THE Sydney Roosters don’t want him. Rival clubs are wary. But there’s one hombre who wants to see William Marshall Mason remain in the NRL. ‘‘Tell Willie Mason when I see him I’m going to slap him in the face,’’ goaded new Panthers recruit Daine Laurie. ‘‘I’m gonna hurt him if he actually gets a start this year.’’ It turns out Mason and Laurie have a mutual friend and the latter was furious when word filtered though that Big Willie had bagged his fellow bookend. ‘’[A friend] saw Willie out and was saying ‘How about Daine Laurie, he runs pretty hard and he’s a pretty good player’,’’ Laurie explained. ‘‘Then Willie told him ‘Nah, he’s a poor excuse for a footballer and is just a drunk’. And calling me a drunk! Is he serious? He loves a drink. Everyone knows that. If you can put that in the paper, then put it in the paper. I used to have nothing but respect for the guy until I heard that. But that’s it.’’ Laurie has bulked up eight kilograms, bringing him up to a Mason-esque 116kg. We’re already salivating at the prospect of the young bull and the old one sorting it out. Old school. Mason was unavailable for comment. If he joins the Cowboys, they happen to play Laurie’s Panthers in round two - the Saturday night of March 20 in Townsville. Meanwhile, Laurie is fighting to be fit for the Indigenous team for the All Stars match in a fortnight after breaking a toe at training last week.

The way Dane is going, they will never be on the same training paddock, as he is not getting a go, despite the Knights poor performances, and a beaten pack.

The way I see it, we let two players go we needed. Yes, both required work and mentoring, but we did the same thing to Robert Louie, so maybe we should invest if a Life Skills Coach, and retain players with so much potential, but who need steering in the right direction, which was always a Balmain & Westie tradition.

• Banned

@Balmain Bobby:

@Goose:

@JoshTheNewcastleFan:

The way Dane is going, they will never be on the same training paddock, as he is not getting a go, despite the Knights poor performances, and a beaten pack.

The way I see it, we let two players go we needed. Yes, both required work and mentoring, but we did the same thing to Robert Louie, so maybe we should invest if a Life Skills Coach, and retain players with so much potential, but who need steering in the right direction, which was always a Balmain & Westie tradition.

Daine is going sh*t these days. Apparently looks like a world beater in the local league but when it comes to NSW Cup he looks lazy & slow, has about 10 good minutes in him. Willie on the other hand, a 30 something, washed up old fart on 40k is going great guns & just about the Knights best player these days.

Recent Topics