Do the Maths...1/2 = 200,000

I was just thinking on the way to work, how much our club has missed out on, with the way that last half against the Titans went last week.

We were up by 12 points after 9 minutes….and sitting in the stand, “I was counting my chickens before they hatched”…how stupid of me, being a Tigers supporter since Moses played halfback for Jeruselem.The Team was still up at halftime and then we all saw what happen in the second half, and a thousand threads stared about what went wrong.

But do you reckon that one half has cost the club $200,000 in revenue?
This game aginst the Bulldogs would have been close to a sellout for sure,IMO, with the Bulldogs needing the win to claim the Minor Premeirship and of course the Wests Tigers needing it for make the 8.
Image the intensity of the game…and the sea of Black ,white and Orange…another lost opportunity for the club, as I can feel many have given up on the team and can’t go seeing themselves going to the SFS this Friday night…maybe a lost of up to 20,000 Wests Tigers fans. I don’t know what the club get per fan coming into the SFS…but I put a figure of $10 per fan…but I don’t really know how the club has structed the deal with the SFS.

Hence 1/2 equates to 200,000.
How much do you all reckon the club has lost???

Yes….and thanks for bringing it up… :brick:

Incentives are built into the SFS deal…2 bumper crowds in a row…We should let all NRL members in to farewell Morris, Halatau, Collis and hopefully Payne…Now there’s a promotion… :wahoo:

You don’t wanna know how much we missed out on if we could have made the top 4 ans a home semi at the WESTSSFS…week 1 of the finals…

Gee I wish Kul lengthens the edit time so I can fix my rushed spelling and grammar mistakes 😊

Even less now we have seen the team selection

the cost is alot more.
price of heart surgery to fix out broken hearts. 😆
cost of chiropractor bills, from shaking our heads side to side in dis-belief of how the footy season has eventuated. 😒
no price can be put on the psychological effects on the fans. 😈

The slides already begun.
Before even last week mommoth crowd for the Dogs, we were behind them for sydney team home crowd averages.
Weve been at the top I believe in this regard for a few years

@Geo.:

Yes….and thanks for bringing it up… :brick:

Incentives are built into the SFS deal…2 bumper crowds in a row…We should let all NRL members in to farewell Morris, Halatau, Collis and hopefully Payne…Now there’s a promotion… :wahoo:

You don’t wanna know how much we missed out on if we could have made the top 4 ans a home semi at the WESTSSFS…week 1 of the finals…

I say DON"T GO!! if people don’t show up then the NRL might give us back some home games Campbelltown or even Leichhardt Oval Etc
SFS IS A JOKE

Not the NRL’s doing chil….blame the club itself, theyre taking your games away from yyour real home grounds

@innsaneink:

Not the NRL’s doing chil….blame the club itself, theyre taking your games away from yyour real home grounds

Ummmm Why ? thats so bloody stupid no wonder Storm,Manly,parra,titans, Newcastle ,Penrith, Broncos, Sharks Etc have a great fan based Structure
With us they are just Driving a bloody Wedge in between Us supporters and scattering us !!
Just make it Leichhardt Oval,and Campbeltown Stadium … :brick:

The stadiums trust pays us to play there, however we forfeit any control whatsoever for a few pieces of silver, thus giving the stadium the right to choose who we play against at these grounds - sfs- scg- of cause the best drawing teams are selected, leichhardt & cambo are left with melb, NQ, NZ Caberra etc

@chilbury:

@innsaneink:

Ummmm Why ? thats so bloody stupid no wonder Storm,Manly,parra,titans, Newcastle ,Penrith, Broncos, Sharks Etc have a great fan based Structure
With us they are just Driving a bloody Wedge in between Us supporters and scattering us !!
Just make it Leichhardt Oval,and Campbeltown Stadium … :brick:

Unfortunately dollars talk. Like every other club it all counts. The Sharks played at Adelaide (home game) I have a mate who is a season ticket holder and as a home game played in Adelaide it is kinda hard to get their without incurring a bit of an expense, Bunnies at Perth I think, at least this year we played all home games within Sydney, I am sure you remember when we played in NZ as a home game.

Who knows if we get a big enough $$$ sponsor what may happen in the future, also if the NRL get what they should from TV rights when it is renewed in a couple of years and the clubs get more $$$ then a 6 x 6 split at LO and CO might become a reality.

@innsaneink:

The stadiums trust pays us to play there, however we forfeit any control whatsoever for a few pieces of silver, thus giving the stadium the right to choose who we play against at these grounds - sfs- scg- of cause the best drawing teams are selected, leichhardt & cambo are left with melb, NQ, NZ Caberra etc

Yeah Ink , our team will be damned for all time, and or players up against it every year, if our Club keep having this Blood Money Mentality and chasing those few pieces of Siver……reminders me of my favourite musical of all time (use to Air Mike the Judas part in my youth…sad I know)

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme