Billy Kitt

• Wondering if anyone from the West Juniors knows how Billy Kitt is coming along.

I really like what I saw of him a few years ago in HM, and the one game I saw last year, silky passing game.

I have a very high opinion on him, but have only seen a little bit of him, is he progressing well are we likely to see him in NYC in the back half of the year or is that beyond him.

• Banned

He played SG Ball last year, mainly off the bench as it was his 1st year but looked real good again. Has a great passing game. Good to watch him start up a back line, mind you he was feeding Tedesco and Nofoaluma, so he was hitting some pretty nice targets. Should be eligible for Ball again this year but have a feeling he’s not around which would be dissappointing. Hope thats not the case. Real good footballer, great Magpies footballers name.

• Is he not playing SG Ball with Wests this year?

That is super disapointing

• All class great football brain. Billy trained with the NYC squad in the off season. Will be running out for Wests SG Ball team v Souths on the weekend.

• @Blackandwhite:

All class great football brain. Billy trained with the NYC squad in the off season. Will be running out for Wests SG Ball team v Souths on the weekend.

What’s the verdict on him Blackandwhite? Does he have the talent and attitude to step up to the NYC later this year?

• Banned

Excellent news. Up there with Hodkinson and Miller for the best halfs I’ve seen in the last few years at that age.

• Does that mean that Miller is favoured to spend some of the year in firsts or BRET?

I have heard a bit about Kitt and look forward to seeing him play.

• @willow:

@Blackandwhite:

All class great football brain. Billy trained with the NYC squad in the off season. Will be running out for Wests SG Ball team v Souths on the weekend.

What’s the verdict on him Blackandwhite? Does he have the talent and attitude to step up to the NYC later this year?

Billy lives and breathes football,he has the talent and the attitude, his a good kid.
    He has an advanced football brain and I love the way he guides a team around the park.
    He will star in NYC.

• Excellent, sounds like the maggies might just have another first grader in the making.

• @willow:

Excellent, sounds like the maggies might just have another first grader in the making.

Definatley and another St. Gregs boy.

• I loved him when I watched him play.
    We will have access to 2 potentially awesome halves at the end of SG Ball, Billy Kitt and Luke Brooks in addition to last years NYC half of the year.

• Geez these threads scare me. I don’t like talking up kids. It starts to put extra pressure on them, something they need to avoid for as long as possible especially whilst still going to school.

• @galahs:

Geez these threads scare me. I don’t like talking up kids. It starts to put extra pressure on them, something they need to avoid for as long as possible especially whilst still going to school.

Nothing wrong with wanting a local junior to succeed galahs, and let’s face it, you have to give credit where it’s due and those who have seen Kitt play are right to give him credit.

• When Scott Prince left we had no half back for a number of years. It appears now we are breeding more than we need for the future.

I went to school with Tim Brasher and you can see back in his school days he was a class above the rest of the players. You knew if he stayed injury free he would go on and have a successful NRL career. Played the 1989 Grand Final as a school boy.

I wish Kitt all the best

• Banned

@galahs:

Geez these threads scare me. I don’t like talking up kids. It starts to put extra pressure on them, something they need to avoid for as long as possible especially whilst still going to school.

Yeh I agree Galahs. People seem to forget they are just kids and will have good games and bad games then all of a sudden after an average game people who have seen them once start bagging the crap out of them for no reason. Who knows in 2 years he might prefer drinking with his mates and chasing tail instead of playing footy. Happy just to watch him now in the black and white and enjoy his football without concerning myself whether he kicks on or not. And for the last couple of years he’s been a pretty good halfback to watch without getting much of a mention.

Recent Topics