Where are the Marhsall critics now?

Had a top season IMHO. Certainly there is still mistakes his in his game but I wouldnt swap im for anyone. I have a feeling he will dominate the league fo the next two or so seasons. People were calling for his sacking in the off-season. Where are they now?

mate he has matured so quickly this 2nd half of the season it wasnt looking good at the start , something has changed with him he was looking to slow at half it looked like he didnt have that elusive running anymore . then u watch him run down a morris i couldnt believe it . He now has outside backs he can use and put through holes thats a big difference.

@southerntiger:

Had a top season IMHO. Certainly there is still mistakes his in his game but I wouldnt swap im for anyone. I have a feeling he will dominate the league fo the next two or so seasons. People were calling for his sacking in the off-season. Where are they now?

Does it occur to you that (constructive) criticism might have been what helped Benji in the first place?

He has been our best player this season without a doubt.

The backend of the season has shown he can be one of the top players in the league along with Hayne and I’m not sure who else.

whilst it sucks that wests-tigers did not make the top 8 👿
Benji had a good season without any major injuries and this can only give him more confidence.
I do not think we have seen the best of Benji yet.
good luck for season 2010

Hemmsleys Hairdresser - where art thou? 😃

@hybrid_tiger:

Hemmsleys Hairdresser - where art thou? 😃

And JT…

@southerntiger:

Marshalls best year in the NRL by far…especially since he moved to #6…even though he played like a #6.5…

@galea#11:

something has changed with him he was looking to slow at half it looked like he didnt have that elusive running anymore

One factor this season has made all the difference to Benji - fitness

Yeah, his best season so far. Hope he keeps it up over the next couple of years. With the right players around him, anything is possible.

Had to laugh when Ellis tried the flick pass at the end of the game and it went over the sideline, and the commentator said something like “only Benji can do that”. I was thinking, did he mean:

a) only Marshall can make that pass work; or
b) only Marshall is allowed to pass the ball over the sideline (as he did far too often at the start of the year)

I’d forgotten that stat that Marshall has never lost to the Bulldogs. In every game against them since he made his debut, we have won when he has played and lost when he hasn’t.

I am sure they are all just happy that Benji is playing the best footy of his career.

😃 Most were just upset that he was not playing up to the standard that we all expected of him

He just looks happy, he must be in luve!!!

he is the single most important mamber of thi team, he has surpassed farah this seaon as our most important player

@Juro:

Yeah, his best season so far. Hope he keeps it up over the next couple of years. With the right players around him, anything is possible.

Had to laugh when Ellis tried the flick pass at the end of the game and it went over the sideline, and the commentator said something like “only Benji can do that”. I was thinking, did he mean:

a) only Marshall can make that pass work; or
b) only Marshall is allowed to pass the ball over the sideline (as he did far too often at the start of the year)

They never diss Marshall, plus I can’t remember the last time Marshall threw it into touch.

If Marshall plays against the dogs, we win. We have won every game with him, lost every game without him.

@southerntiger:

Why make an inflammatory statement? You have just set yourself up for the same petty response the next time Benji has a poor game. It will be endless, but I suppose that’s why we have the forum. People say it is constructive criticism but all it has ever been is “I told you so” pettiness.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.