Where are the rhinos critcs now ...

last night chris the rhino was back to his best … hitting the line hard and hurting in defence … number 13 is his true position …

im glad he left it till the last round dead rubber to find it

shame he wasn’t in this form for the other games this year……

In the last two weeks he has been much better.

I still think he is a very limited player and he cripples our attack by ALWAYS running straight into the markers. He targets players to run at instead of trying to break through a hole.

However, he is powerful for his size and has good leg drive, so he can make metres even once he’s been hit in the tackle. Ellis should show him how to hit the line with a view to running into holes rather than straight at markers.

He tried to step a bit last night instead of running straight and looked to make some offloads as well. Maybe having Gareth in the team is making him mature a bit more as a footballer ?

It was his best game since coming back from a reasonably long term injury lay off.

he has been much improved since sheens cut his game time back to around 60 minutes

Rhino was solid last night and will no doubt look towards a better season in 2010. He certainly wasn’t helped by ankle, knee and groin injuries this season.

He told me last night how he has battled on with his injuries all year. He said he has hardly ever been injured his whole career and this year he just had a shocking year with them. So pretty much he has not been able to play at 100% all season. The off season might just be what the doctor ordered.

If he plays like that next year ill lay off him, if he recaptures his 08 form ill actually praise him. Lets wait and see.

in the meantime, have a great xmas. :wahoo:

@hybrid_tiger:

I still think he is a very limited player and he cripples our attack by ALWAYS running straight into the markers. He targets players to run at instead of trying to break through a hole.

However, he is powerful for his size and has good leg drive, so he can make metres even once he’s been hit in the tackle. Ellis should show him how to hit the line with a view to running into holes rather than straight at markers.

I agree 100% with what you say

@hybrid_tiger:

agree, its starting to be more common with some teams, not just with the tigers… I just can’t understand why they do it?
Is it trying to tire out the opposition or key players (ie dummy halves?)

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme