Our game plan sux!!
posted in Wests Tigers Discussion
I’m no coach but have watched the game all my life so think I no a little about it.
A few points I would like to make about our game plan.
1. We have so structure or communication in our long kicking game. It looks like if theirs no options we hoof it down field. The kicker needs to tell the team when the kicks on so we chase in 1 line. ATM the kicker is not communicating the kick is on and we have 2 or 3 chasers only and teams are regularly starting their sets from the 20 to 30 meter zone and ending their sets in good field position.
2. We need to attack in numbers up the middle. At the moment we pass 1 or 2 wide and have a forward hit it up or try a short side to often. Too predictable to defend and we are rarely making 10 meters a tackle. (see first set after 1st try last night)
3. When attacking in our 20 we are (benji in particular) playing to latterly. Teams know if they slide in defence they can defend it.
4. Offloads are rare when attacking. With a decent size forward pack why are we not offloading and creating second phase play!! Seems as soon as contact is made, support players drop off and we are setting up for the next play. So many times I’ve seen Galloway or Woods attract 2 or 3 players, look for an offload and Farah is turned around looking to set up the next play or players have given up on the play.
4. Finally, when defending, get off the player once the tackle is made. Stop pretending your arms caught up so u look at the ref for sympathy (see Ashford about every time he makes a tackle). Understand we are trying to slow it down, but the penalties are costing us.
We need to do something in these areas to challenge the 7 teams above us who are all doing it better than us.
Posted using RoarFEED 2012