Campbelltown Sat Night!!

ImageImageImage
galahs

Re: Campbelltown Sat Night!!

Post by galahs » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:13 am

Chris wrote:
galahs wrote:Geez, sometimes its those that say forget the whole Magpie Balmain thing that have to pull their head out of the sand and stop using it as a shutdown for every comment or suggestion people make.

Its good media relations if the players mention where the game is on.

Not everyone is an avid supporter that follows the website or the forum. The more you get out the info of where the game is, the more you build it up, the more fans will turn up.

Its marketing 101
Why would you care, you're not a Wests Tigers fan anyway.

Then why am I going to the game? :bash

Just because I think the Magpies should survive in NSW Cup doesn't mean I am against the Wests Tigers.
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:32 am

galahs wrote:
Chris wrote:
galahs wrote:Geez, sometimes its those that say forget the whole Magpie Balmain thing that have to pull their head out of the sand and stop using it as a shutdown for every comment or suggestion people make.

Not everyone is an avid supporter that follows the website or the forum. The more you get out the info of where the game is, the more you build it up, the more fans will turn up.

Its marketing 101

Just because I think the Magpies should survive in NSW Cup doesn't mean I am against the Wests Tigers.
.... so you think there should be a magpies team AND a wests tigers team in state cup? :roll

One club. One Team.

No more "joint venture" and "History" BS - Teams like Newtown, and Norths died because of stubborn people refusing to acknowledge change.

I'm Going on Saturday night to support the WESTS TIGERS - not the magpies, or Balmain. - The WESTS TIGERS - My wife and I will scream our lungs out for the one and ONLY team I follow in the league.

So if anyone thrusts Magpies garbage/petitions in my face as I enter the ground, they will cop a mouthful.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:36 am

underdog wrote:
galahs wrote:
Chris wrote:

Its marketing 101

Then why am I going to the game?

.... so you think there should be a magpies team AND a wests tigers team in state cup?

One club. One Team.

No more "joint venture" and "History" BS - Teams like Newtown, and Norths died because of stubborn people refusing to acknowledge change.

I'm Going on Saturday night to support the WESTS TIGERS - not the magpies, or Balmain. - The WESTS TIGERS - My wife and I will scream our lungs out for the one and ONLY team I follow in the league.

So if anyone thrusts Magpies garbage/petitions in my face as I enter the ground, they will cop a mouthful.
Good post.
It's time we create history of our own, forget the past and cherish the present.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:32 am

underdog wrote:
galahs wrote:
Chris wrote:

Its marketing 101

Then why am I going to the game?

.... so you think there should be a magpies team AND a wests tigers team in state cup?

One club. One Team.

I went to Campbelltown & Leichhardt & Benny Elias thrust Balmain petitions at me as i entered the ground. He didn't cop a mouthful from me. I had too much respect in regard to his legacy in the game. It would of been disrespectful.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:37 am

underdog wrote:
galahs wrote:
Chris wrote:

Its marketing 101

.... so you think there should be a magpies team AND a wests tigers team in state cup? :roll

One club. One Team.

Just reading this, it comes across as if you almost want someone to approach you just so you can be a hero. just keep walking if your not interested, no need for heroics
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:39 am

Good grief, can we go one thread without having it turn into the usual Balmain-Wests crapfest?

I hope there is a huge crowd tonight and they back the boys all the way home, Penriff are going to come out swinging.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:44 am

A bit of a stretch this thread.
You may find a few extras that didnt know there was a game at cambo...and on hearing this info decided to attend tonite.
Probably count them all on the fingers of one hand.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 12:54 pm

saundo1982 wrote:

Its marketing 101
The previews mentioned on here all advertise where the game is being played. They are not exclusive to either the forum or website, as does the paper with team lists. Anyone who has the slightest interest in the tigers or nrl will know where the game is played. Those that don't I highly doubt would have been watching the footy show. So the mention woulda have informed a very limited if not zero audience.

Not only do our boys cop it for their onfield performances they are coping off field as well.

With our recent efforts perhaps the question should have been, why were so many tigers players even on the show??

What is a "woulda"?

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 1:04 pm

magpiecol wrote:
saundo1982 wrote:

Its marketing 101
The previews mentioned on here all advertise where the game is being played. They are not exclusive to either the forum or website, as does the paper with team lists. Anyone who has the slightest interest in the tigers or nrl will know where the game is played. Those that don't I highly doubt would have been watching the footy show. So the mention woulda have informed a very limited if not zero audience.

Not only do our boys cop it for their onfield performances they are coping off field as well.

With our recent efforts perhaps the question should have been, why were so many tigers players even on the show??

What is a "woulda"?
Obviously a typing error col, great contribution to the thread though.

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 1:07 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
saundo1982 wrote:Seriously????

Who cares do they have to mention every week where their playing?? Those that support us know where the game is those that don't support us don't care where the game is.

Youre worried that it wasn't said its at campbelltown when we're sitting 9th off the back of 3 losses and your worried it wasn't mentioned.

God help us we are never going to move past the whole balmain v magpie thing.

I hope your here tomorrow night saying the same thing when the C-town crowd bashers come out of the woodwork. You've backed yourself into a corner now
I won't be I do night shifts this weekend in Canberra.
Also if you can go back through threads sometime ago I have always maintained we should play a majority of games at c'town. Upgrade the facilities train there base the team there. I believe that's what is best for the team.
Then pick maybe 2-3 games for leichardt oval.

I'm hardly a c'town basher, but really this thread was ridiculous.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 1:17 pm

The club is concerned enough to ask questions on facebook.

*If you’re a Wests Tigers Member who is not coming to tonight’s game, why have you decided to stay away?

* Do you go to every Wests Tigers home game? If not, why not? Thank you in advance for your time.

https://www.facebook.com/WestsTigers.com.au

Diver

Post by Diver » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 1:52 pm

Im a late scratching from attending tonight, got two unwell toddlers at home. I have my gold member cards sitting at home in Mona Vale... if anyone wants them tonight and can pick them up and return afterwards back to mona vale - let me know. They are awesome seats, middle of the top grandstand, a few rows back from the front. 4 seats (2 adults, 2kids) although 2 of the tickets are at a friends place currently...

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 2:00 pm

innsaneink wrote:The club is concerned enough to ask questions on facebook.

*If you’re a Wests Tigers Member who is not coming to tonight’s game, why have you decided to stay away?

* Do you go to every Wests Tigers home game? If not, why not? Thank you in advance for your time.

https://www.facebook.com/WestsTigers.com.au

They have been asking similar questions the last few days over Facebook, apparently they are looking at making changes to our membership for 2013.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 2:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:The club is concerned enough to ask questions on facebook.

I worked today, I'm sick and It's probably going to be freezing but I'll be there. (Even though I'm not a 'true supporter' :P)

Fire up boys!

:sign:

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 6:15 pm

My post is dumb...Your kidding, with all the crap that is on here?? Its my opinion and guess what? I can have one

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 6:19 pm

I made my point for the more intelligent people that dont come on here that might just be thinking they would like to go, not die hard supporters. I dont rubish all the stupid stuff on here, I just dont comment at all

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 6:44 pm

Marketing of games across the spectrum is always worth reviewing.