Marshall

ImageImageImage
barra

Re: Marshall

Post by barra » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 1:00 pm

Andyvee wrote:He has too much on his plate, and too many responsibilities at the moment. He played best when we had a recognised halfback that could take control on occasion. Once we fix the halfback problem, we will fix the Benji one!
Seems that way. His game has been coached to its detriment trying to make a mistake free organiser out him.

Neither has worked. Get him back to 5/8 in his old role and stop ruining his career, its short enough already.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 2:41 pm

Injured apparently during the game - toe and thumb.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 4:01 pm

Benji has delighted us all for many years and won countless games through his sheer brilliance.like many Tiger supporters,these briiliant moments are unforgettable.

in the first few years,you would grimace when he went into a tackle and hope he didn't get hurt.

Is he not capable of those brilliant plays anymore.At 27, has the continual wear and tear on the body taken its inevitable toll?

his devolution,not evolution ,to an orgainising halfback hasn't worked.

is it benji's choice to play there or the coaching staff.For the team and Benji's future,we need a change in the way he is being used.Don't care if he plays hooker,just change it.Benji and the team deserves that.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 4:10 pm

Is it only me or has anyone else noticed he has bulked up around the thighs?
Maybe that's contributed to him losing some speed.
I was surprised he was last one back in defence every time in the last 15 minutes but I'll give the problem he had with his toe as the benefit of the doubt this time.
That doesn't excuse the terrible options he took though.
Just terrible.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 4:18 pm

2nd in the comp for try-assists last time I checked. Anyone want to swap him for Jeff Robson or Ben Hornby?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 4:19 pm

I don't want him swapped for anyone, I just want him to play to his strengths which is RUNNING THE BALL, not trying to organise the side at halfback.

TigerFlame

Post by TigerFlame » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 4:21 pm

Yup, I want him back at five eighth this is how our spine was suposed to be

1. Tedesco
6. Benji
7. Miller
9. Farrah

We need to start getting the juniors ready for when Benji and Farah retire this is getting pathetic. THINK THE FUTURE!

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 4:28 pm

TigerFlame wrote:Yup, I want him back at five eighth this is how our spine was suposed to be

1. Tedesco
6. Benji
7. Miller
9. Farrah

We need to start getting the juniors ready for when Benji and Farah retire this is getting pathetic. THINK THE FUTURE!
Don't think Sheens ever had Miller in his vision.

TigerFlame

Post by TigerFlame » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 5:07 pm

cktiger wrote:
TigerFlame wrote:Yup, I want him back at five eighth this is how our spine was suposed to be

1. Tedesco
6. Benji
7. Miller
9. Farrah

Sheens rarely has juniors in his vision, i guarantee none will debut tonight.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:57 pm

TigerFlame wrote:
cktiger wrote:

1. Tedesco
6. Benji
7. Miller
9. Farrah

Sheens rarely has juniors in his vision, i guarantee none will debut tonight.
Cmon you can't make such a dumb statement when last night's team contained tonnes of players who debuted under Sheens - Moltz, Ryan, Lawry, Aysh, Benji, Sirro, Farah, Woods, BMM

nick487

Post by nick487 » Wed 25 Jul, 2012 10:05 am

Marshall has been playing horrible and that's the fact, but he has to stay in the team, that's a no brainer. Normally every time he does something good, he makes an error, but this year and the last 4-5 weeks especially, it feels like he has been making errors then trying to do something good and it just isn't working. Maybe the next 4-5 weeks we can expect something better.
As for where he should play, he must be at 6 and miller at 7. No disrespect to ayshford but he is not a 5/8. There is still 6 games left and we can't just have a make shift halve to play with marshall ( in my opinion that rules out fulton or farah). The 6 and 7 this game must stay the same for the rest of the season, well barring injury that is.

rossop

Post by rossop » Wed 25 Jul, 2012 2:02 pm

Prefer him at 5/8 and not to do silly things but would not swap him for anyone.