Marshall

ImageImageImage
tigertown

Re: Marshall

Post by tigertown » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:10 pm

He just looked disinterested like he couldn't be bothered. But I'm really proud of the rest of the team.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:11 pm

I just wish he'd run the balll like 2005

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:12 pm

hellman wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:He was absolute rubbish and has been abysmal for a few months now.

No excuses, its crap and not good enough.
x 2.
Very true , Tim sheens has to take alot of responsibility for this.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hellman

Post by hellman » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:13 pm

foreveratiger wrote:The reason Marshall is playing crap IMO , no Lui a genuine halfback that controls a game and knows when to kick to corners and build pressure . Marshall is to erratic and has been easily worked out now ( defence just need to sit backand wait for him when he goes side ways).
This is simply not true. He is just woefully out of form.

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:15 pm

Yea here they come now blame Sheens blame his position blame something else. What rubbish he was pathetic tonight he didn't run the ball his passing sucked his kicking game sucked and worse of all for me his ATTITUDE sucked. He needed to stand up tonight and he went missing.

Posted using RoarFEED

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:19 pm

Maybe this is what you get when you have the stability of a 5 year contract. His form has been poor all year. I thought he did try to run a little more tonight and he looked like the Benji of old when he did.

So why doesnt he run the ball:

a) Scared of getting injured
b) Sheens has told him not to because he will get tired
c) He has bulked up that much that he has lost his pace and step

When guys that came into the club half way through the season significantly outplay you in such a crucial game, then I think you need to take a hard look at yourself.

I was proud of the effort, we could have been flogged.

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:21 pm

I thought it was a great effort imo under the circumstances, a couple of soft tries and yeah.

Marshall is so over rated though and every week I've been saying "this is his week" and he disappoints the crap out of me.

Drop him for a couple of weeks and I wouldn't care now.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:21 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Maybe this is what you get when you have the stability of a 5 year contract. His form has been poor all year. I thought he did try to run a little more tonight and he looked like the Benji of old when he did.

So why doesnt he run the ball:

a) Scared of getting injured
b) Sheens has told him not to because he will get tired
c) He has bulked up that much that he has lost his pace and step

When guys that came into the club half way through the season significantly outplay you in such a crucial game, then I think you need to take a hard look at yourself.

I was proud of the effort, we could have been flogged.
Answer is a)

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:52 pm

He must be injured. His form has been crap for weeks now. Even his kicking has noticeably suffered.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:24 pm

Just in case you all didn't notice Benji plays like that 85% of the time and has done his whole career. For some reason it's only recently everyone is starting to take notice just how poor he actually is, if you go back through my posts you'll see iv'e been trying to highlight this for years.
Welcome aboard fellow Benji bashers it took you's long enough.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:32 pm

[quote="TIGER"]Just in case you all didn't notice Benji plays like that 85% of the time and has done his whole career. For some reason it's only recently everyone is starting to take notice just how poor he actually is, if you go back through my posts you'll see iv'e been trying to highlight this for years.
Welcome aboard fellow Benji bashers it took you's long enough.[/quote
Your percentages are wrong ! It's 50% !

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm forever greatful to Marshall for the most beautiful flick in history in a NRL grand final & help bring us our first premiership. Raudonikis could not do this & was he as talented as Benji. Benji is a legend forever and a Wests Tigers legend. Yes it hurts to watch him lately but in my life the premiership memory will never be repressed unlike his mistakes. He talks like Cooper Cronk on the footy show but he sure plays like Benji. A gentleman of the game. Glad he's with us.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:36 pm

I thought to myself tonight that Benji loves playing against the Cowbees, he have a big game tonight

I reckon we would of been better off having Marshall at first reciever and Farah at second after Sironen got hurt

At least Farah looked dangerous at times

Time to take a long hard look Benji

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:41 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:I'm forever greatful to Marshall for the most beautiful flick in history in a NRL grand final & help bring us our first premiership. Raudonikis could not do this & was he as talented as Benji. Benji is a legend forever and a Wests Tigers legend. Yes it hurts to watch him lately but in my life the premiership memory will never be repressed unlike his mistakes. He talks like Cooper Cronk on the footy show but he sure plays like Benji. A gentleman of the game. Glad he's with us.

He can't live forever on past glories -with all the injuries tonight was the night to step up.
He is our go to guy but he failed miserably.
Hard to remember his last outstanding game - maybe he's bulked up too much and just doesn't have the spark anymore.
In a game like tonights you would have expected a dominant exciting performance similar to Bowen.
Where is the real Benji?
Come back please.

reynaldog

Post by reynaldog » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:53 pm

Benji of old has been gone for yonks, but you don't have to look that far to see him maturing a little and playing half decent (2010 season was great for Benji, when he linked up with Lote; 2008/2009 was good too, when Benji, Lawrence and Tuiaki raised hell)... But 2011 and nearly all of 2012, Benji has been declining. This year, he's lost all remnants of maturity...he's replaced it with less involvement...I agree there must be outside factors influencing this form slump...

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:59 pm

tigertales wrote:So we have those blaming Blair, Sheens, Moltzen, Heighno and the other regulars. Why is Marshall a protected species? We needed him to stand up tonight after losing Sirro jnr and he was awful no taking the line on, passes to ground, rubbish kicking game, no organizing. He was plain awful.

Now let's wait for the usual dribble blaming others and excusing the Messiah?

Posted using RoarFEED
When we lost sirro benji went back to playing 6 Farah was our halfback

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 11:01 pm

TigerFlame wrote:He is crap and never was what everyone talked him up to be. He is probably the most over rated player in the game other than Mitchel Pearce.
I'd be great if we get Pearce then... Perfect match!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 11:02 pm

jas83 wrote:Proud of the effort of all players tonight bar Marshall and Reddy...they both cost us any chance of a win tonight
Yeah, I know the thread is about Marshall, but Reddy has been a complete liability more often than not this year and I thought he was going to be a good buy for us! I cringe every time he is named in the starting line up. When Moltzen went down again tonight and Reddy came into the starting side, I just knew we were in trouble.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen