iosefa

•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
tiger pom

Re: iosefa

Post by tiger pom » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:08 am

I think he brings a lot to the team and should definitely be in the side.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 6:36 am

He brought more coming on in an emergency than Reddy would have

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:12 am

I'd start him at hooker and play farrah at halfback
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:45 am

Defensively he is poor. He gets shrugged off the back of tackles and always allows a quick PTB.

I would prefer to see Humble at halfback.

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:48 am

Has is really come to this? he would not make the run on side in any other team. (Maybe Parramatta atm)

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:51 am

Do u even know he played nsw cup 2 days before the game haha.

flash

Post by flash » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:51 am

Frank the tank wrote:I'd start him at hooker and play farrah at halfback
I agree, I thought Iosefa was outstanding last night. Having Farrah at 7 will minimise Benji's handles, his poor options lately have been costing us big time. His kicking game also needs to be reduced and Farrah will ensure that also happens.

dermo

Post by dermo » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:58 am

I like the idea of playing him at 13, in a similar role to Dean Young or Halatau

hellman

Post by hellman » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:23 am

He was huge for us. Anyone criticising him needs to rewatch that game.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:31 am

smeghead wrote:Defensively he is poor. He gets shrugged off the back of tackles and always allows a quick PTB.

I would prefer to see Humble at halfback.
His defence concerns me too. Very often caught behind or to the side of the ruck.

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:48 am

If he works on his defence he'd be awesome.

Admittedly i'm already eating humble pie regarding how much of a help he has been to our team.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:50 am

reynaldog wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Farah at half has been tried, tested and FAILED over and over again but hey let's try it again it might work for the sixth time...
Agreed. Why on earth out Farah back at half back?...Surely- SURELY there must be another option....Humble at least? Miller?... He's a great player at hooker- enough with players out of position, already!!!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
you mean like playing moltzen at fullback?
or like playing marshall at halfback?
we would move farah because its better for the team. we need impact up the middle that iosefa provides.
farah will do the same job as the current halves (aka go through the motions).... doesnt need to kill it there, i mean the guys we have had there havent been killing it (exception of sirro, i have been very impressed).

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:56 am

milford_magic wrote:
mtd wrote:
MacDougall wrote:mtd come on? Farah tells everybody else what to do on literally every play. He does way more than take the odd scott and pass.
maybe thats the problem. the players around him are not morons.

farah gets in there and passes them the ball. yes he does some organising, which is part of the hooker role, but my point is iosefa did the exact same thing tonight and seemed to be alot more effective. our forwards actually made metres. we had momentum around the middle of the ruck.

i think people (not neccesarily you) think that he is a genius that reads the play and magically opens holes for our forwards. he doesnt. there is nothing apart from his name and stigma in the club that justifies keeping him there ahead of iosefa if we are going on FORM. love farah as much as the next bloke, but iosefa showed he is the better choice hooker at the moment for the benefit of the WT team.
My God. Iosefa played well but lets not go crazy. No I don't think Farah is superman but he is a far better player than Iosefa. How good did we look in the first 30 when he was at 9 compared to the last 50? as far as I'm concerned we looked lost in attack from the 30 minute mark. And yes there was a shuffle, but that shuffle would be pretty much the same side we field next week except for someone else playing centre other than Fulton.

As far as I'm concerned Farah was completely ineffective as soon as we moved to the halves. He was cutting them up when he was at hooker until the 30m mark and made some good metres, scored a try, gave fulton space for the second try.

Iosefa has natural skills and is a strong runner (Id play him lock and he can chime into dummy half when he wants). But while he is a great runner, very strong and fast, no way does he get us going forward like Farah does and he also doesn't overly set up our kickers well on the last. Everytime our kicker got it in the second half tonight they pretty much had a man on him. I could say more, but i don't want to appear like i don't like Iosefa, as i do, but Farah is a far better player.

Putting Farah to the halves nullifies what Farahs good at (Which is really just dummy half play....hes not overly strong, quick, elusive etc).
howcan you say iosefa does not get us going forward???? what games have yoyu been watching?
check out the games over the past 4 years where farah is hooker and tell me about our go forward. last night was some of our best. we made alot of tough metres coming out of our own end. it was incredible to watch (a change).
also, our kickers are pathetic. blaming it on iosefa is ludacris. they are rubbish week in week out, whether he is there or not.

farah can play #7 and still get into dummy half. we cant pick the team around farah (because he's only good out of dummy half). if we have someone that can do the job better or more effective than him, we need to make that call, as tough as it may be..

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:18 am

We looked good when Farah was at hooker.

We looked like a lost rabble when Farah was moved to half.

Farah at #7 has never worked, never will. He isn't a halfback. If we've lost a half, then PICK A HALF TO REPLACE HIM.

It's not rocket science.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:05 am

Easily our most valuable buy, he defiantly gets the ruck rolling and his passes are swift and well directed, he actually makes passing look effortless. He's a natural rake, why anyone would want him playing lock i don't know.

It's quite plain to see his strength is sniffing around the ruck and identifying ruck speed he's a natural at it, now we just need some speed to hang around him and run off his hip when he decides to dart and we'll bust teams open straight up the guts. I think he's been one of our best in every game he's played eats Humble for breakfast imo.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:15 am

I have said in other threads I love him in the team - but he's no Farah.
His dummy half passing is not his strongest point - in fact he is a bit slow and wayward on far too many occasions.
Also think he holds the ball himself a little too often.
At present he's the perfect guy to bring on when the opposition is tiring.
Unless maybe he can be our 100th halfback this year?

Andyvee

Post by Andyvee » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:16 am

softlaw wrote:Iosefa at 7...
Yep, was just thinking that. Move Benji back to 5/8 and keep Farah at 9.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:28 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:We looked good when Farah was at hooker.

We looked like a lost rabble when Farah was moved to half.

Farah at #7 has never worked, never will. He isn't a halfback. If we've lost a half, then PICK A HALF TO REPLACE HIM.

It's not rocket science.
Agree tiger. At the risk of putting our NYC team at a disadvantage, Miller has to come into the side. As someone else stated, we need some pace out wide (or everywhere for that matter).

The injuries last night will just about knock us out for this year, so it is time to blood some new players.

We will be needing, a fullback ( Ryan? ), a centre, two wingers, (Grant, both wingers from the NYC, one of whom could play centre).

Utai, who does try hard, and Reddy are slow. You cannot beat speed. And what in the hell has gone wrong with Marshall?

So, a new half, both wingers and a centre and a second row ( Blair should drop back and a new front row forward for starters).

I believe that this year has now gone so planning for next year is vital.