How does this happen

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
Sabre

How does this happen

Post by Sabre » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 4:54 pm

How can a bunch of guys who are supposedly professionals go out there every week and play with no effort and without any care.

You see more heart and passion in under 6's netball. Blocker was right when he said they are soft. How hard can it be to actually play with some kind of purpose.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 4:56 pm

Their attitude is horrible. It seems like a bunch of individuals running out there and not a team.

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 4:57 pm

Personally i think the whole club has grown stale, we need some change in our structure and people need to be accountable.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:04 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:Personally i think the whole club has grown stale, we need some change in our structure and people need to be accountable.
I agree.

The injuries didn't help but right throughout this year (and you could argue long periods last year) we have generally looked really lost and flat.

Tim has had 10 years at the Tigers, that's a fair old innings - time to move aside and give someone else a turn I think.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:12 pm

Soft is the appropriate word.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:22 pm

The appropriate word is inappropriate for this forum.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:26 pm

Soft in defence and have been most years...

ozcrusader

Post by ozcrusader » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:30 pm

It happens when you have a coach who is out of ideas.

Look, we have had a pretty shocking run with injuries and other things out of our control this year - losing Lui before the season started, losing Tedesco in game 1, injuries to Ellis, Tuqiri, Galloway etc

At the same time, these injuries present an opportunity to the coach to blood youngsters.

Sheens hasn't done that.

Every week he simply shuffles the same players around in different positions hoping for a different result. We KNOW Robbie Farah isn't a halfback. He's played there before and it hasn't worked. He's the origin hooker FFS. So why play him at halfback AGAIN?

Why make Marshall into halfback when we know he isn't one? Why put Moltzen at FB when he isn't one?

Unfortunately, Sheens is out of ideas, out of players and out of time.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:34 pm

ozcrusader wrote:It happens when you have a coach who is out of ideas.

Look, we have had a pretty shocking run with injuries and other things out of our control this year - losing Lui before the season started, losing Tedesco in game 1, injuries to Ellis, Tuqiri, Galloway etc

At the same time, these injuries present an opportunity to the coach to blood youngsters.

Sheens hasn't done that.

Every week he simply shuffles the same players around in different positions hoping for a different result. We KNOW Robbie Farah isn't a halfback. He's played there before and it hasn't worked. He's the origin hooker FFS. So why play him at halfback AGAIN?

Why make Marshall into halfback when we know he isn't one? Why put Moltzen at FB when he isn't one?

I hate to say it, but I think your right. Good post.

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:05 pm

Too true. Look at souths. Young blokes taking the game by the horns.

Post by 851 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:09 pm

ozcrusader wrote:It happens when you have a coach who is out of ideas.

Sheens hasn't done that.

I 100% agree,Sheens needs to be sacked,his team selection and bench rotation is abysmal. :bash
Go hard or go home

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:15 pm

Agree with all of the above. The lack of playing structure this year really bothers me. There have been so many matches where we have witnessed the team just throw the ball around to each other with no idea, no purpose and no forward progress - it's really embarrassing and usually ends up with a dropped ball or misguided pass over the sideline. Schoolboy stuff really and very young schoolboys at that. Something is terribly wrong.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:21 pm

Flippedy wrote:Agree with all of the above. The lack of playing structure this year really bothers me. There have been so many matches where we have witnessed the team just throw the ball around to each other with no idea, no purpose and no forward progress - it's really embarrassing and usually ends up with a dropped ball or misguided pass over the sideline. Schoolboy stuff really and very young schoolboys at that. Something is terribly wrong.
That set where we got the penalty in the last 10 minutes said it all. Benji runs sideways, passes to Gareth who does the same to Fulton, who does the same and goes left. We had absolutely no idea what to do. None at all.

seadoggy

Post by seadoggy » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:23 pm

Poor retention decisions
Poor recruitment decisions
Poor attacking options
Poor defensive structure
Poor attitude
Poor selections
Poor excuses week after week

= a very poor season for passionate supporters .......... again ...........

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:26 pm

And, I have to agree with all of the sentiments here. Today was proof to me that they have no confidence in each other, no confidence in their preparation or strategy, no belief that they could win. They were ponderous, disjointed, seemingly disinterested. They did not challenge the mindset of Souths at any stage today. When they needed to play some football they kept turning it inside, one out runs by slow forwrards who didn't even look to unload....and that's when we're 20 - 0 down. Absolutely appalling today for the sheer lack of effort and commitment. There needs to be a complete shakedown from top to bottom of this club.

ashman

Post by ashman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:52 pm

Some great posts ... Whats so sad Is that if there were some fresh blood introduced and new plans then we would prolly applaud the coach, even if we lost games --- it's gone beyond results now but rather same crap, same team and same poor attitude.. If we show fight and the right attitude most of is Would be more understanding..

Surely the players are stale also. How can you explain these rubbish efforts... Injuries are part of the problem but cannot be used to justify this year if you dissect properly..

Im noticing more and more of us are tired including those that are usually more tolerant, me included !!

Some really tough times ahead.... Maybe next weeks game is the real test because if we have clocked off then parra will beat us next week and then it really will be curtains for 2012.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:58 pm

I was there today and saw it differently. I saw a lot of guys having a go to be honest. They played a top 4 team, a team which should have put fifty on us but couldn't. Souths fans were panicking, even at 26-0 as the Tigers were still having a go. I have certainly seen worse performances by better players than today.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:26 pm

RatedRKO wrote:
Flippedy wrote:Agree with all of the above. The lack of playing structure this year really bothers me. There have been so many matches where we have witnessed the team just throw the ball around to each other with no idea, no purpose and no forward progress - it's really embarrassing and usually ends up with a dropped ball or misguided pass over the sideline. Schoolboy stuff really and very young schoolboys at that. Something is terribly wrong.
That set where we got the penalty in the last 10 minutes said it all. Benji runs sideways, passes to Gareth who does the same to Fulton, who does the same and goes left. We had absolutely no idea what to do. None at all.
Yes, and how many times have we seen that this year? Too many to count! I know WT has always been a team that plays an ad lib style, but in the past they at least made metres when doing this sort of thing and always looked threatening, usually ending up with a try. Now they never look like scoring and they're just lost.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen