ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
cnx_tigers

Blair and Woods.

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 4:59 pm

Blair = 56 meters.

The bloke either isn't trying, has no pride, or just isn't a first grader.

Woods = 141 meters.

This blokes nickname should be ' Rialb"...because he's the polar opposite of Blair. Busts his guts every game and goes forward.

Blair is a dud. No further arguement left at this point. We are stuck paying a Matthew Bell / Ray Cashmere level footy player $400 000 a year until 2015.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:01 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:Blair = 56 meters.

The bloke either isn't trying, has no pride, or just isn't a first grader.

Woods = 141 meters.

This blokes nickname should be ' Rialb"...because he's the polar opposite of Blair. Busts his guts every game and goes forward.

Blair is a dud. No further arguement left at this point. We are stuck paying a Matthew Bell / Ray Cashmere level footy player $400 000 a year until 2015.
Bell isn't that bad!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:05 pm

His missed tackle on Sutton
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:09 pm

Woods must be going mad having to line up with this bloke every week.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:12 pm

Blair has been hiding behind our "flamboyant style" all year. One of the laziest footballers I've ever seen.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:12 pm

I am sick of the excuse of Blair adapting to the Tigers style of play. If this was the case he would at least be improving.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:14 pm

Not just poor meters, 0 defense but he also gives away the most stupid penalties.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:14 pm

Sabre wrote:I am sick of the excuse of Blair adapting to the Tigers style of play. If this was the case he would at least be improving.

Jobs pretty simple as a forward. Hit the ball up and tackle. You're style of play shouldn't have any impact on the work rate of your forwards.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:16 pm

Sabre wrote:I am sick of the excuse of Blair adapting to the Tigers style of play. If this was the case he would at least be improving.

Excuses ENDED today. By moving to prop his job was simply to run hard, tuck it under his arm and make meters. Do what Keith does. Get 120 meters plus and get a roll on. That was his role.

He made just over 50.........almost 100 LESS than his partner.

Gutless, weak, lazy...all are fair tags after today.

I've tried to defend him and maybe the second rowers role takes time at the Tigers, but there's nothing leftto say after today. All he had to do was go forward hard and often. Anyone with an IQ over 20 could have worked that out. He's just bludging or is completely out of shape. No other way to put it.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:19 pm

dont you hate the way he gets the ball and turns it back to a runner like he is playing first reciever in the under 8s , again who is coaching him to play this way . H e was never like that when he played at the Storm.
Woodsie on the other hand a superstar week in week out and should be the first blues prop picked next season , maybe even a shock selection for the aussie squad at the end of year (are they playing internationals at seasons end ?

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:28 pm

I thought he put in during the first half but then he just went missing. To add to that he misses tackles.

He has been a terrible buy for the club. I reckon you can get 30-40 minutes out of him at prop and his effort during that time will not equal any of Woods, Galloway and Bell.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:28 pm

I felt sorry for Woods today. He bent the line on every run and is making more experienced first graders look oh so average. Blair today was terrible. Heighno and Fulton had a go. Iosefa is ok out of dummyhalf but his front defence was shocking. Moors looked ok in limited minutes, as did Bell.

There's some major problems in Tiger town though.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:29 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:

Excuses ENDED today. By moving to prop his job was simply to run hard, tuck it under his arm and make meters. Do what Keith does. Get 120 meters plus and get a roll on. That was his role.

He made just over 50.........almost 100 LESS than his partner.

Gutless, weak, lazy...all are fair tags after today.

I've tried to defend him and maybe the second rowers role takes time at the Tigers, but there's nothing leftto say after today. All he had to do was go forward hard and often. Anyone with an IQ over 20 could have worked that out. He's just bludging or is completely out of shape. No other way to put it.
Can't disagree with either of you here.

To be totally honest, I was never really keen on us signing Blair in the first place. I didn't say anything publicly because everyone else was so excited, but I never really saw all that much in him when he was with Melbourne either. I was always looking for something special, but could never see what others could see. I actually thought Sika Manu was much better than Blair and sometimes even Proctor!

I was hoping that his time with us would kill any reservations I had about him, but unfortunately, I think my reservations have been confirmed. He really isn't that good a player and he's certainly not worth the money we spent on him. A damn shame, but anyway what's done is done now.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:31 pm

chickenkebabs wrote:Woods must be going mad having to line up with this bloke every week.

Woods would be furious when comparing paypackets with Blair!

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:32 pm

willow wrote:I felt sorry for Woods today. He bent the line on every run and is making more experienced first graders look oh so average. Blair today was terrible. Heighno and Fulton had a go. Iosefa is ok out of dummyhalf but his front defence was shocking. Moors looked ok in limited minutes, as did Bell.

Willow there sure are...and I'm afraid its starts with our terrible recruitment and our persistence in playing players out of their position.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:36 pm

Bell was way way way better than Blair and has been every game he's played. Blair sucks big time. Sucks sucks sucks.

jmp7875

Post by jmp7875 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:43 pm

alexaki wrote:
willow wrote:I felt sorry for Woods today. He bent the line on every run and is making more experienced first graders look oh so average. Blair today was terrible. Heighno and Fulton had a go. Iosefa is ok out of dummyhalf but his front defence was shocking. Moors looked ok in limited minutes, as did Bell.

Willow there sure are...and I'm afraid its starts with our terrible recruitment and our persistence in playing players out of their position.
well that comes down to the coaching staff,same plays all year, very predictable.
weve gone from being 1 of the best attacking teams to a side that is struggling to score points.it seems
like mediocrisity is acceptable at our club.
all i can say is about todays game is,if we didnt have ayshford out there they would of scored 50.
and if woodsey didnt play we would of been struggling to make 500 meters in attack

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:59 pm

Blair is the biggest bust/ mistake in the clubs history. He is an absolute pea heart. Whoever signed off on his deal for this gutless wonder needs to be sacked and sacked now.

Whoever you are just own up and admit you screwed the pooch on Blair. Go on I dare you! Publicly admit you made a mistake, put him in nsw cup or better, cut him loose.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!