Do Or Die

ImageImageImage
Golden

Do Or Die

Post by Golden » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 11:36 am

It is as simple as that if we can't beat the last placed eels at home in a desperate win to try and make the 8 then we might as well pack up for mad monday and take the rest of the 4 weeks off.

This is without a doubt DO or DIE. it is the definition of a DO or Die Game, all you people that will think if we lose we are still a chance are in fairyland dreaming because as I said last place team at home no Hayne it's handed for us to take.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 11:37 am

We"ll never die. Only one team can win.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 11:38 am

the comp

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

underdog

Post by underdog » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 11:51 am

Golden wrote:It is as simple as that if we can't beat the last placed eels at home in a desperate win to try and make the 8 then we might as well pack up for mad monday and take the rest of the 4 weeks off.

This is without a doubt DO or DIE. it is the definition of a DO or Die Game, all you people that will think if we lose we are still a chance are in fairyland dreaming because as I said last place team at home no Hayne it's handed for us to take.
Without Hayne, and with Sandow patchy at best, we are really playing against nuffies.

We should roll this mob by a lot - A statement needs to be made

Heart says - Tigers by 40.

Head says - Tigers by 4

ashman

Post by ashman » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 12:43 pm

I agree, it's a must win game if there ever was one in context of this season, however we are really up against it and on form we will be rolled quite easily. Also, mentally are we up for it? I'm fearing we are already resigned to mad Monday..we also have our own injuries but parts at playing free and have players to cause us damage..

One things for sure , we lose this game, our seasons over And it's just a matter of where on table we finish from 9th onwards.. I'm finding it hard to be positive

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 12:44 pm

Maybe the team are playing like they don't care because they too want sheens out? Maybe none of them have the bottle to confront sheens face to face and tell him he's lost the plot ???

georgebeema

Post by georgebeema » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 12:49 pm

Lol , in theory you are correct, but why parra will do a number on us simple. Two weeks ago parra and tigers were really at the same place as far as performance is concerned. Due to injuries and the coaches failing to motivate their players. Parra has since released their coach and have played two matches winning both against top 4 teams. They have looked nothing like a team placed last on the ladder whereas the tigers performances have been slipping and the injury list growing.
Love my tigers with a passion but I'm struggling to convince myself that we can beat anyone anymore

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 12:51 pm

[quote="georgebeema"]Lol , in theory you are correct, but why parra will do a number on us simple. Two weeks ago parra and tigers were really at the same place as far as performance is concerned. Due to injuries and the coaches failing to motivate their players. Parra has since released their coach and have played two matches winning both against top 4 teams. They have looked nothing like a team placed last on the ladder whereas the tigers performances have been slipping and the injury list growing.
Love my tigers with a passion but I'm struggling to convince myself that we can beat anyone anymore

Posted using RoarFEED 2012[/quote
X2

ashman

Post by ashman » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:00 pm

Totally agree... Make no mistake , if we win It will be a big victory not just because of the importance of semi spot on the line but parra are playing great footy at present ... I'm not sure why some are suggesting we should smash them. I can't believe we are favorites .. Around 9pm Monday - will tell us a lot
More about where we are at and if we've clocked off for the year- desperation, commitment and playing for each other is what's needed and if we show this, we may still have some hope

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:05 pm

We have a great history in do or die games....................................oh hang on. Forget that.

Remember the game against the Knights where a win means we play finals football. The game where Cooper Vuna ran through Benji at the back end of the game at will. The game we were leading and had a guy fresh on the bench who could have come on for Benji and increased our chances of holding on but Sheens instead decided to let Boxhead ride the pine all game..........Sheenius

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:12 pm

smeghead wrote:We have a great history in do or die games....................................oh hang on. Forget that.

Remember the game against the Knights where a win means we play finals football. The game where Cooper Vuna ran through Benji at the back end of the game at will. The game we were leading and had a guy fresh on the bench who could have come on for Benji and increased our chances of holding on but Sheens instead decided to let Boxhead ride the pine all game..........Sheenius
X2..... We are the ultimate chokers when it comes to making the 8 or closing out a game , the only way sheens will get the message is not via email , not via being diplomatic, it's a BRICK through the window ( with a note attached ) !!!!!

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:15 pm

Golden wrote:It is as simple as that if we can't beat the last placed eels at home in a desperate win to try and make the 8 then we might as well pack up for mad monday and take the rest of the 4 weeks off.

Stop holding on to hope we are gone . Yeah mathematically and the rest . Our for and against is woeful and there is no indication in this team that we are gonna win by 30+ in the next few weeks which is required to turn this for and against around. The defence against the Rabbits was so embarrassing (shirt grabbing).
We don't even deserve being in the 8, the 7 games in a row we won was a false indication and people were getting there hopes up but look back to those games and we had alot of lucky wins.
I know i sound negative but i'm being very realistic and will have our pants pulled down if we got in the semis , so why have the heartache for . Hopefully the board wakes up at the end of the year and realise the club needs to go in a different direction and that Sheens must go if not the board needs to sack themselves.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:21 pm

It will all be over soon ! We can all cut back on the medication / ciggies/ and alcohol, sit back and watch the semis STRESS free!!! Then hope 2013 will be better

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:26 pm

bundyboy wrote:It will all be over soon ! We can all cut back on the medication / ciggies/ and alcohol, sit back and watch the semis STRESS free!!! Then hope 2013 will be better

Hit the nail on the head , it's been a while since ive wanted a season to be over . It's been a very frustrating season and for the squad we have a very under achieving season . SHEENS HAS A LOT OF ANSWERING TO DO......... :brick:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:30 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
bundyboy wrote:It will all be over soon ! We can all cut back on the medication / ciggies/ and alcohol, sit back and watch the semis STRESS free!!! Then hope 2013 will be better

Hit the nail on the head , it's been a while since ive wanted the season to be over . It's been a very frustrating season and for the squad we have a very under achieving season . SHEENS HAS A LOT OF ANSWERING TO DO......... [/quote
I am sure I saw sheens in a movie once ? I think it was called the UNTOUCHABLES! Lol

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:45 pm

No doubts it's definitely do or die. With the Bulldogs and Storm still ahead and the fact we probably need 4/5 wins, this makes it do or die. Lose this and whilst still mathematical chances will exist. We may as well concede the fact we don't deserve finals football this year.

LaT

Post by LaT » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:58 pm

Need to remember that Eels just beat Storm and Brisbane the last 2 weeks.

So they can turn up when required.

But we definitely need to beat them well for our season to remain alive. We lose and we can start planning Mad Monday.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 3:01 pm

Parra are playing like they have just discovered peanut butter and jam together are exceptional.

We will have to pluck something from our you know whats to win.

The correct use of Marshall will win the game.

If we don't ,i want to hear sheens taking some responsibility.I ll be happy if he admits that he has stuffed up.