i hope sheens noticed

ImageImageImage
1/4 chicken,chips

i hope sheens noticed

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 8:52 pm

what most have been calling for all year ...MARIKA K ,A player with size and pace , yes it works Mr Sheens

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:00 pm

If only Nofo wasn't injured we should another talent on the other wing.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Last edited by weststigers4life on Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:04 pm

I bet Lote sure did.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:09 pm

weststigers4life wrote:If only Nofo wasn't injured we should have enough talent on the other wing.

That's very harsh mate, Utai scored two tries and worked his ring out tonight, especially out of our own half.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:16 pm

Utai was probably better than Koroibete tbh. Only just.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:18 pm

Now if someone could take Moltzen's place then that would be good. The man cannot, run, defend nor kick off !

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:20 pm

Someone like Tedesco who would be our first choice and perhaps rookie of the yr if not injured - Sheens has signed up Koroibete, Nofoaluma and Tedesco for the next couple of yrs for this very reason

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:26 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
weststigers4life wrote:If only Nofo wasn't injured we should have enough talent on the other wing.

That's very harsh mate, Utai scored two tries and worked his ring out tonight, especially out of our own half.
Fair call CB, it's just good to see one of our young blokes given a go. Utai always gets us good go forward, It's just i always worry about his defense & how he has a tendency to rush in on defense.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:29 pm

MacDougall wrote:Utai was probably better than Koroibete tbh. Only just.
Disagree. Utai was good mind you, but apart from Koro losing the ball in one tackle, he was brilliant tonight, as his stats show. You could hear the crowd light up whenever he broke into space.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:33 pm

He got my man of the match ,from Benj and CW

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:34 pm

Tonight Marika showed what we have all been calling for all year...for the young stars to be given a go in FG....Why Miller doesn't get a go is beyond most of us here...but I'm glad for Marika...That should put paid to any suggestions Lote should be retained!

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:38 pm

sheens is in debt to the forum.lol

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 07 Aug, 2012 7:15 am

Raw diamond Koroibete a gem for NRL Tigers

Ian McCullough AAP Mon, Aug 06, 2012 - 10:01 PM

From a tiny village in Fiji to scoring four tries for Wests Tigers in his second game, Marika Koroibete is enjoying a dream start to his NRL career.

Hailing from Navaiyawa on Fiji's largest island Viti Levu, the 20-year-old produced one the hits of the season on Parramatta's Chris Sandow before running home four tries in the last half hour to seal a 51-26 win for the Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium.

"It was a fantastic experience. I scored four tries. I couldn't dream of it happening in my second game. I just have fun playing," said the painfully shy Koroibete, via a Tigers official after the game.

Coach Tim Sheens said he was delighted with his performance, but said the young flyer had a great deal to learn.

"He's got a lot of speed and a lot of ability, but he's a long way from being a first-grade winger just yet," Sheens said.

"He's got lots of issues still but he's got raw pace and ability.

"I think if Lote Tuqiri was available, he might still be playing 20s.

"There's a whole heap of guys that will say they started their first grade careers because of an injury to someone else. Now that he's in, he's going to be hard to put out."

Recruitment manager Warren McDonnell said Koroibete's talent was instantly recognisable and he had clocked 10.9secs running the 100 metres in his homeland.

"He's got pace but he is raw as raw. You can't get to his village by car, he's from up in the hills in Fiji," McDonnell said.

"He's just a good kid, he has good speed, he has no fear and he is willing to learn.

"Lote Tuqiri was one of the first ones who spoke to him, when he came.

"He's from a village nearby and has been a good mentor for him.

"It was always going to take time and we thought he would play next year."

http://www.nrl.com/raw-diamond-koroibet ... fault.aspx

//"He's got a lot of speed and a lot of ability, but he's a long way from being a first-grade winger just yet," Sheens said.

"He's got lots of issues still but he's got raw pace and ability.

"I think if Lote Tuqiri was available, he might still be playing 20s.//

That bit really stood out, but we all know it's true, unfortunately.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Aug, 2012 8:04 am

tiger4ever wrote:sheens is in debt to the forum.lol
Yeah, good on you.

Pretty ordinary when the best part of this forum member base could all see that he'd step up and have a go and the coach couldn't.

It was nice to watch a player playing for a spot last night.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

myherojunior

Post by myherojunior » Tue 07 Aug, 2012 8:32 am

Muffstar wrote:Now if someone could take Moltzen's place then that would be good. The man cannot, run, defend nor kick off !

He is just terrible. Truly terrible. And we re-signed him. For three long years.
I counted about 7 Moltzen errors in positioning etc. And I missed the first twenty minutes of the game.

RMS

Post by RMS » Tue 07 Aug, 2012 12:26 pm

We must be going great if we are coming 8th yet apparently have
a) A bad coach who never gives young guys ago - we'll just forget about (Lawrence, Farah, BMM, Dwyer, Tedesco, Ashyford, Groat, Marshall, Tagive) to name but a few but don't let selective memories ruin that for you.
b) The worst fullback ever
c) Obviously the most fickle fans ever.

This place is like a desolate wasteland. Nothing good here, only bad. A kid in his second game has just blitzed it, yet instead of going on about that, its all about the negatives...there is no pleasing some people...just about all of them are on this forum. We won! Great performance? No. A chance to build on that, to fix the defence just as the attack finds its mojo...Glass half full people!!!!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 07 Aug, 2012 12:56 pm

:roll:

The negatives are still there, whether they will actually be addressed or not is a concern. Based on this year, many won't be holding their breaths.

Terribly sorry if fans expect their team to be able to play for 80 minutes, to live up to the team's potential and to be confident that the coach will pick players in form and in positions best suited for them.

Let's keep in mind that Koro only ONLY got a go because Lote was injured. Groat had not been playing well this year and only got dropped due to injury. Both Ayshford and Lawrence have been lucky to still be in the side on not get dropped due to form, again NOT giving any of the under 20's a go. Had Lui still be here, Tedesco probably wouldn't have even been given a go at the beginning of the year.

RMS

Post by RMS » Tue 07 Aug, 2012 1:05 pm

Eye rolling? More negativity. :D
No I understand and you don't have to be sorry that fans want the team to play their best but coming on here after a win is NO different to coming on here after the Souths loss for example.
All that stuff about guys not getting dropped etc,
Name a club in the top 8 that has dropped an established 1st grade player this season for an u20's untried player? I would be curious to know if it has happened this season...