Marika Falling Over

ImageImageImage
you know who
Member
Member
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 1:58 pm
Location: Western Suburbs

Marika Falling Over

Post by you know who » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 8:15 am

Bluntly if marika doesnt fall over we win the game, i know it wasnt his fault but it weas like we werent meant to win, because if he scores that try it would have been under the post and he would have kicked the goal for a victory and hence no golden point, thoughts???


User avatar
dermo
Member
Member
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun 20 Feb, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by dermo » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 8:20 am

I think Farah's no-try was more crucial

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 8:22 am

If the referees knew the rules, we win

User avatar
tigersrule4life
Member
Member
Posts: 2565
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 9:00 am

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 8:25 am

Well at least we proved we can be a force if we make it. dogs will choke in finals look at souths now haha.

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 8:42 am

if he scores under the posts, we get 6 instead of 4, but the rest of the game changes as well.

given we scored straight away, probably not as crucial as the Farah no try or the shepard.


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40749
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 9:24 am

But he was ankle tapped , he doesn't just fall over

Thats football sorry

But I see what your getting at

The referees issues are more concerning in my opinion

Someone will lose a GF because of these fools

badger
Member
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:53 am

Post by badger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 9:25 am

In the three fg games I have seen Marika play he has butchered three certain tries but he has also scored six. Once he settles into the team properly I reco he has the makings of an outstanding winger/support player for marshall.

badger
Member
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:53 am

Post by badger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 9:28 am

Happy have a look at the highlights. He fell over a long way after the attempted ankle tap. He just fell over with the line wide open and noone near him.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40749
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 9:33 am

badger wrote:Happy have a look at the highlights. He fell over a long way after the attempted ankle tap. He just fell over with the line wide open and noone near him.

Badger he was stumbling almost straight after the ankle tap made contact and couldn't keep his footing

Not the first time I've seen that happen mate

User avatar
Blake93
Member
Member
Posts: 1226
Joined: Fri 05 Mar, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: Berowra, Sydney

Post by Blake93 » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:45 am

happy tiger wrote:
badger wrote:Happy have a look at the highlights. He fell over a long way after the attempted ankle tap. He just fell over with the line wide open and noone near him.

Badger he was stumbling almost straight after the ankle tap made contact and couldn't keep his footing

Not the first time I've seen that happen mate
happy, you're clueless. he tripped on thin air
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:50 am

happy tiger wrote:
badger wrote:Happy have a look at the highlights. He fell over a long way after the attempted ankle tap. He just fell over with the line wide open and noone near him.

Badger he was stumbling almost straight after the ankle tap made contact and couldn't keep his footing

Not the first time I've seen that happen mate
The ankle tap misses, and he stumbles a step or two after and falls down a number of strides later, presumably because he overstrides to avoid teh ankle tap.... but as you say, that is football, happens all the time.

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11055
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:52 am

It was a slightly bizarre moment, he seemed to pause for a bit not knowing what happened. I was busily screaming at the screen for him to get up.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3496
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:10 am

Fell over his own feet - not the first time it's happened in football.
He still has plenty of mistakes in him but that was just unfortunate.
He'll score plenty over the years to make up for it.

User avatar
BrissieTiger67
Member
Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 8:51 am

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:49 am

That is a rediculous statement to make because as usual the tigers are better at chasing a scoreline than holding on to one and when we were 6 down in the last 8 mins i was confident we were going to pull another try out.

The player mentality shifts alot if the game is tied up at 12 - 12 , field goals come in etc

It was a strange thing but i dont think it definitely cost us the game

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40749
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 12:05 pm

cktiger wrote:Fell over his own feet - not the first time it's happened in football.
He still has plenty of mistakes in him but that was just unfortunate.
He'll score plenty over the years to make up for it.
Just looked at it again Your right He didn't get him (from what you can see )

Done it myself been clear of everyone and lost mt footing

Bloody embarassing ,especially at your home ground :oops:

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2325
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 1:03 pm

He just lost his footing, it was like we were not supposed to win the game for some horrible reason.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22405
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 8:07 am

At that moment i knew how Balmain fans felt in 89 watching Mick Neill

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 9:16 am

There's so many things from that game that could suggest we would have won.
Everyone is going to have a different opinion. Fact is we lost, let's just work on what we can have control over for the Roosters game.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Post Reply