Congratulations Tim Moltzen

ImageImageImage
magpiecol

Congratulations Tim Moltzen

Post by magpiecol » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:09 pm

Congratulations to Tim for becoming not only the worst fullback in the NRL, but now he is the worst 5/8 in the NRL. Well done Tim.

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:10 pm

Harsh but fair!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:12 pm

This type of player is why The Tigers are where they are...... Sheen's loves them .

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:13 pm

three more years
woohoo
vomit
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:14 pm

3 more years of NSW cup hopefully

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:18 pm

He would be good in other circumstances. I reckon Moltzen would go well in a halves combination with an organising halfback like a Thurston, Cherry-Evans, Cronk, Mullen but as a five-eighth outside Benji Marshall he obviously just offers nothing and as a fullback he has too many issues. He is surplus to our needs for next year BUT he will be here and he will be shoehorned into the side you can bet on it. There is no way he will be in reggies.

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:20 pm

MacDougall wrote:He would be good in other circumstances. I reckon Moltzen would go well in a halves combination with an organising halfback like a Thurston, Cherry-Evans, Cronk, Mullen but as a five-eighth outside Benji Marshall he obviously just offers nothing and as a fullback he has too many issues. He is surplus to our needs for next year BUT he will be here and he will be shoehorned into the side you can bet on it. There is no way he will be in reggies.
And that's why we will keep getting more of the same. No accountability for performance!

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:21 pm

MacDougall wrote:He would be good in other circumstances. I reckon Moltzen would go well in a halves combination with an organising halfback like a Thurston, Cherry-Evans, Cronk, Mullen but as a five-eighth outside Benji Marshall he obviously just offers nothing and as a fullback he has too many issues. He is surplus to our needs for next year BUT he will be here and he will be shoehorned into the side you can bet on it. There is no way he will be in reggies.
Thats the bad part he is in Club Sheens so someone more deserving gets the flick so the golden boy fills the spot!

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:21 pm

Outstanding year for Moltzen reward Sheens makes him captain next season

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:23 pm

Snake wrote:
Thats the bad part he is in Club Sheens so someone more deserving gets the flick so the golden boy fills the spot!
Time for club Sheens to find a new venue!

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:26 pm

After watching Tim for about 5-6 seasons now (less the year he did his knee) there can only be one description of his ability - limited.

Aside from having a bit of pace he is mediocre, absolutely mediocre.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:31 pm

He's pretty hopeless our Timmy. I think I'd rather him over Blair though, whoever thought (or continues to think) that he's a good player is clearly dillusional, probably insane.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:34 pm

MacDougall wrote:He would be good in other circumstances. I reckon Moltzen would go well in a halves combination with ..........
I wonder what the hell it is with Moltzen that makes fans suggest that "in other circumstances" he would be good. We always hear "if only Sheens would play him at position x", "if only......". He has been tried at 1, 3, 6 & 7 and been garbage at every occassion save for a 4 week spell at the end of last year where he was adequate at fullback but he makes adequate look like Langlands.

He is greedy, has bad hands, no passing game, no kicking game and in defence looks scared. He is an average footballer. He looks like the typical hot shot schoolboy footy star who excels with a combination of pace & footwork but when he has to play with grown ups and there is a bit more required, found wanting.

He didnt cost us the game today, and to be honest in such a disgraceful performance by the whole team it seems harsh to climb into Moltzen, but I'm tired of seeing him in a first grade jersey.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:37 pm

He doesn't have any talent...or ticker. All he has is a bit of speed.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:38 pm

helmesy wrote:After watching Tim for about 5-6 seasons now (less the year he did his knee) there can only be one description of his ability - limited.

Aside from having a bit of pace he is mediocre, absolutely mediocre.
but Mediocre is a pass in our club ,so timmy gets a pass because that all he is along with 3to 4 of his mates .
we have a good fully fit side , problem is when they are out we have players playing who shouldnt be in the squad period .

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:47 pm

Glennb wrote:
MacDougall wrote:He would be good in other circumstances. I reckon Moltzen would go well in a halves combination with ..........
I wonder what the hell it is with Moltzen that makes fans suggest that "in other circumstances" he would be good.
Moltzen has shown buckets of talent and at fullback he is ALMOST there but just can't shake off a few key problems in his game that are based entirely on defense. If he can translate the way he plays fullback in attack to a front line position aka five-eighth, he would be a force in the NRL. His line defence isn't bad at all and as far as other halves go in the NRL he would be a pretty good defender comparatively. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be able to co-exist alongside Benji Marshall. I would say that alongside an organising half then he would become that electric point of difference that Benji is for us, but Benji is a LOT better than Moltzen will ever be and we can't operate with two of them because then we don't have an organising halfback.

Sheens is to blame largely because he feels that Farah is that organiser that is ordinarily provided by a halfback but all that really does is limit the influence that Farah playing as a natural nine can have on a game. It is no coincidence that his three best games of the season were when he wasn't the captain and wasn't in charge of organising the plays. I think Sheens planned to have Farah play a halfback from the ruck role with two electric points of difference on either side of the ruck for him to go to but for some reason he felt this wasn't possible without Tedesco? Anyway I am confident Moltzen would play well in a side like North Queensland or even outside Pearce at the Roosters.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:47 pm

Typical everyone goes for Moltzen.
Plenty of under performers today. In fact almost everyone was horrible

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:49 pm

Anthism wrote:Typical everyone goes for Moltzen.
Plenty of under performers today. In fact almost everyone was horrible

Moltzen is deserving of criticism. Has has plenty of chances to stand up and has fallen each time.