It all fell apart once Korobite knocked on

ImageImageImage
TigersFan4Life

It all fell apart once Korobite knocked on

Post by TigersFan4Life » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 10:29 am

I am not blaming him, I'm just saying that from that point on the team's attitude changed. We had just been in their half for three consecutive sets of six and while we did not score it was a promising start to the game. As soon as Marika knocked on from dummy half everything changed. The Chooks were in position to score, they did and from there we barely had the ball for the rest of the half.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 10:49 am

TigersFan4Life wrote:I am not blaming him, I'm just saying that from that point on the team's attitude changed. We had just been in their half for three consecutive sets of six and while we did not score it was a promising start to the game. As soon as Marika knocked on from dummy half everything changed. The Chooks were in position to score, they did and from there we barely had the ball for the rest of the half.
That's what I was thinking but it's the defense and errors from the team that didn't let us back into the game. Previous to that play both teams had perfect completion rates.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 11:02 am

Shouldn't the experienced players be man enough to make up for the errors of the inexperienced??? Errors will be made and should be defended. Utai's error was much much worse!

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 11:21 am

The point shouldn't be to blame Koro, just that after Koro's error the entire team fell apart, something we have been doing all season. We'd make one error or give away a particular penalty and the entire team would lose all interest and commitment in th game - most graphic example was Cashmere's penalty vs 'Newcastle, after that we blew aa 24 point lead to be beaten comfortably.

The team has massive mental problems towards application to the game.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 11:44 am

I think their attitude dropped also as they didn't score during the consecutive sets. Marshall played a good ball into goal area but on the next play he did the same thing with the same outcome.

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 12:58 pm

It wasn't Marika. We just couldn't score in that period. That's what broke us.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 3:47 pm

To say it wasn't him that STARTED the loss is denial. Sad but true. 4/4 completions for us and 3/3 for them before that.
I don't blame him for it but it was that moment that gave them possession in our half and led them to score.
Are you referring to Utai losing the ball in the tackle? both were careless and unecessary

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 5:05 pm

A good team will over come that. Resilience in defence, attitude and playing for 80 minutes. That happened at what the 15 minute mark?

If it wasn't that it would have been something else. This team has no ability to guts it out and grind away in defence. They were soft and largely have been all year.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Tue 28 Aug, 2012 8:55 am

You can't just expect to go the whole game not defending your line which seems what we are hoping for. Against the Bulldogs it seemed out tactic was to just starve them off possession down our end. Good tactic don't get me wrong and it worked, but the few times they got down there they came away with points most of the time. Yet we were on their line 10+ times I reckon and battled to get across. It was the same s*** defence which cost us that Warriors semi last year. We need to learn how to defend, period. Smith just runs big forwards at our "international star" forward pack and we get dominated by them for the 2nd time this year.

Its s*** defence.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 28 Aug, 2012 9:32 am

If the whole teams attitude changed because of one error, we've found the root cause of the failure this season.

Sure, the kid made a blue and knocked on but a team like Melbourne, NQ or Manly would have most likely absorbed that pressure and defended the set out and got the ball back. In contrast, we fell to pieces.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Tue 28 Aug, 2012 10:49 am

That's it CB, if that really is the root of our problem then that itself is a major issue. I don't believe that it was the issue though. Many people said it themselves, we looked okay with the ball but how many errors came off zero tackles and how soft was our defence on our line. We pretty much conceded a try every time they came down there. I had zero confidence we'd hold them out for one set.

The issue with this club has a lot to do with their mentality. They seem to take comfort in the knowledge that they know they can score points, almost to the point that it appears they lack the needed detail to their defensive plans. How many times have we seen so and so fail to make a regulation tackle, or so and so fall asleep for a second, thinking a tackle is taken care of only to see an offload come away. These are simple mistakes that we make every week. They are the 1%'s. Some our players do do these but the majority don't. We don't see the Storm, Sea Eagles or Bulldogs make these mistakes. These are disciplines taught by the coach. Hence why the buck stops with the coach.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 28 Aug, 2012 5:13 pm

it was a crucial moment. Unfortunately both wingers made crucial mistakes on the first tackle (as did benji) which is costly. It wasn't a happy day for either winger, they both got out lept for a couple tries and made a bad read in defence each as well.
He is a kid playing his 4th game and is going to make mistakes, he will learn from it. An unhappy performance all round really.