From Premiership Favourites to this...

ImageImageImage
kh_canada

Re: From Premiership Favourites to this...

Post by kh_canada » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:Our backrow is way too small
Blair is 4kg heavier than Ayshford

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:08 pm

kh_canada wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Our backrow is way too small
Blair is 4kg heavier than Ayshford

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
There would be backrows in the NRL at least 15-20 kgs heavier that are just as mobile

TigerWheelsss

Post by TigerWheelsss » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:15 pm

Ellis has been our only decent backrower literally since we won the grand final back in 05. Fulton has been missing in recent years and heighington was dead to me when he dropped that ball in the scrum against the roosters in 2010. I hate, absolutely hate Blair. He doesn't care at all and frankly yes is too small

rossop

Post by rossop » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 8:23 am

A very dissapointing season. Even when we won 7 on the trot, i was not filled with confidence. It would be a major miracle if we make the eight from here.

Snodgrass

Post by Snodgrass » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 9:00 am

TigerWheelsss wrote:Ellis has been our only decent backrower literally since we won the grand final back in 05. Fulton has been missing in recent years and heighington was dead to me when he dropped that ball in the scrum against the roosters in 2010. I hate, absolutely hate Blair. He doesn't care at all and frankly yes is too small

Sorry mate I disagree with much of this.
Whilst Ellis has been a great player during his time at Wests, to say he was 'the only decent back rower since 05' is very harsh. Chris Heighington is one of our club legends, and whilst this season he has slowed somewhat, he has been a vital member of the team for many years. And in my opinion Fulton has been in our top 3 or 4 players during 2012 .

I do agree we need a powerful running back rower who can threaten the line and who, when in defence doesn't spend his time bludging on the short blindside.
:sign:
. Please Note ... The somewhat garbled opinion reproduced above is not the work of former Western Suburbs, Newtown and Parramatta second rower Warren Snodgrass.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 6:07 pm

If only Simon Dwyer hadn't been freakishly injured - how awesome a backrower would he have been by now? :(
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 11:19 am

I can guarantee you the player representing NRL in ads in 2013 will be assaulted or accused of assault and that the premiership favourites of 2013 will be heavily picked on and penalised by the referees.

If we win tonight's game I'll be satisfied with the season as a whole, if we do not I will be unsatisfied.

I just said this in another thread, in football age most of our players are getting on a bit, it is time for a bit of a rebuild.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris