Who needs to go

ImageImageImage
cktiger

Re: Who needs to go

Post by cktiger » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 12:22 pm

With a new coach you'll find players need to step up.
The insane swapping of positions this year did not help any player involved .
You only have to look at the number of players used out of their regular positions and see how many had good seasons.
Marshall , Moltzen , Lawrence , Ayshford and Ryan were moved around so much it must have made them dizzy.
Plus we had Farah , Utai and Fulton also play out of their comfort zones on occasion.
Then add the 'real' utility guys like Reddy , Iosefa and Humble in God knows how many different positions to them.
It's no wonder we never achieved consistency in attack or defence.

oneeyedtiger

Post by oneeyedtiger » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 12:31 pm

You all forgot about Reddy...he was a turnstile in defence. The worst buy by a mile.

IMO Reddy, Tuqiri, Ayshford need to go and we need to bring in quality backs who aren't scared to jump upwards for a high bomb and have pace.

The injuries killed us to the rookies who looked very good when they were actually on the bench.

Sorry to say it but Sheens needs to move on

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 12:38 pm

Just as importantly, who is coming off contract next year that every effort needs to be taken to keep them? Robbie Farah comes to mind, needs to be resigned asap imo.

everett

Post by everett » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 12:46 pm

I would start with Sheens and his coaching staff. We need new ideas and inspiration.

Player wise

Lote
Cashmere
Rhino (been a great clubman but we could do better)
Ashyford (turning out to be another Dean Collis)

We need

A half back (like Chad Townsend from Cronulla) or give Dane Chisholm a go

Two big props (Mtchell Dodds, Mose from Easts)

A centre with pace

If we were prepared to offer Luke Lewis a contract with must have some money left to buy players.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 12:54 pm

everett wrote:I would start with Sheens and his coaching staff. We need new ideas and inspiration.

Player wise

Lote
Cashmere
Rhino (been a great clubman but we could do better)
Ashyford (turning out to be another Dean Collis)

We need

A half back (like Chad Townsend from Cronulla) or give Dane Chisholm a go

Two big props (Mtchell Dodds, Mose from Easts)

A centre with pace

If we were prepared to offer Luke Lewis a contract with must have some money left to buy players.
I think you are 100% on the money.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 2:53 pm

If we could:

Moltzen - just awful really. Need an alround game from a fullback and he has not got it. Limited chances in the halves but seemed reluctant to get involved.
Tuqiri - Great service from Lote in 2010, but I fear his best is now behind us.
Iosefa - Barring some way of transforming him into a 9 who tackles anything that moves during the off-season, he has to go.

I think Ayshford is worth retaining, but his time in the centers is all but over. Ryan showed enough on the wing to retain, tho I hope the youngsters take over next year. Heighno went well enough in the last month or two to retain. Can't imagine releasing Cashmere would free up too much space.

I wouldn't cut Blair but serious questions should be asked about his season. Considering the $$$ spent, his form was awful.

I think Marshall has enough credit in the bank with this club to be spared calls for his head. Won us countless games, refuses to play for any other NRL club, guilty only of over-trying and not having a competent halves partner.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 3:46 pm

That's a fair assessment Hbom. Certainly not calling for Marshall to be released but last night was a demonstration as to his limitations in organising a team without assistance. As I said, hopefully having someone like Anasta will prevent future occurences.

Agree with the other comments. Ayshford offered bugger all for most of the season.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 4:32 pm

Hbom wrote:If we could:

Moltzen - just awful really. Need an alround game from a fullback and he has not got it. Limited chances in the halves but seemed reluctant to get involved.
Iosefa - Barring some way of transforming him into a 9 who tackles anything that moves during the off-season, he has to go.

I think Ayshford is worth retaining, but his time in the centers is all but over. Ryan showed enough on the wing to retain, tho I hope the youngsters take over next year. Heighno went well enough in the last month or two to retain. Can't imagine releasing Cashmere would free up too much space.

I wouldn't cut Blair but serious questions should be asked about his season. Considering the $$$ spent, his form was awful.

I think Marshall has enough credit in the bank with this club to be spared calls for his head. Won us countless games, refuses to play for any other NRL club, guilty only of over-trying and not having a competent halves partner.
When do we say Marshall is finished though ??

One year , two years

Then he is worth nothing on the market

At least now clubs will still pay big bucks

max smart

Post by max smart » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 5:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Hbom wrote:If we could:

When do we say Marshall is finished though ??

One year , two years

Then he is worth nothing on the market

At least now clubs will still pay big bucks
There is no one out there we could get with anywhere near the class of Benji. Any talk to move him on show no foresight.

Saturday's Benji is the old Benji when the tigers had no one else with class and he tried too hard. Remember the past two years with Lui? We had one of the best players in the world.

Whether its Anasta or Siro, maybe even Townsend from cronulla, having someone else next to him in 6 or 7 will help a massive deal.

Also beau isn't a centre. Probably needs to move back to utility back spot.

Moltzen is another utility but I'm guessing will start at FB ahead of teddy until he can prove his knee is up to it.

We need some grunt outside. I reckon aysh will put on another 5-10kgs and move into second row but we need a few heavy hitters out there.

Another name that has to go is Joel Reddy. Not up to scratch in defense.

badger

Post by badger » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 5:36 pm

For mine we dont need to get rid of anyone(accept Blair who didnt pull his weight all year) I recon we have the players to win the comp now. We just need a switched on defence coach. We leaked far too many points at the edges and it was something that dogged us all year and we never realy got on top of. We just looked disorgonised. Whoever came up with our pre game warm up routine is a clown and just makes us look like disorgonised rabble not the way to psych out the other mob.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 6:00 pm

I dont think we can keep Lotti, i think he is injury prone & has slowed to much. Moltzen to the bench if we dont sign a half or he plays half & thats where he trained all last off season, Heighno one more year & i think he will go to England, but thats not this year, Cashmere i would let go, i probably would also let Chisolm go & maybe Grant. I would sign Masoe from the Roosters, Dodds from the Broncs & if we cant sign both of these blokes look @ Kite from Manly.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 6:12 pm

So what people are saying that Benji can't get it done without someone else at his side

So why are we paying someone so much who can't win games against the 14th ranked team in the comp

So why are we paying someone so much who can't perform against Top 4 sides

So why are we paying someone so much who can't control himself to realize he is trying to win games by himself

So why are we paying someone so much who when the original game plan isn't working ,can't come up with a new one of any use to win a game

Benji needs to take a pay cut or go Sorry

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 6:27 pm

Just a comment on Ryan...he is a winger..not a centre or a fullback. Think back to when he was on the wing..a great finisher, much safer under the high ball than Utai and whilst not as strong at kick returns as Utai always tries to make the hard yards and give the forwards a rest. Ryan is a really good example of what goes wrong when you are forced to play out of your best position...not to mention he is one of the few players we had this year who tried 100 per cent every game. And last time I looked was leading our best & fairest

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 7:06 pm

Who should go.
1 Tuqiri
2 Reddy
3 Cashmere
4 Ellis ( super league)
5 Iosefa

50/50 - half of this lot
1 Ayshford/ Simona
2 Moltzen/ Humble
3 Blair/ Heighington
4 Marshall/ Miller
5 Groat/ Utai

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 9:11 am

Sheens
Georgalis
Leeds
Skando
Royce (before he even arrives)

Added caveat. Don't promote Payten to NRL coach. He needs time to develop as a coach

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 12:15 pm

smeghead wrote:Sheens
Georgalis
Leeds
Skando

Added caveat. Don't promote Payten to NRL coach. He needs time to develop as a coach
Yes, weve created a coaching staff culture moreso than a club culture....and its average.

Rodney would need a few years at Penriff before he'd be considered for NRL level

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 12:40 pm

smeghead wrote:Sheens
Georgalis
Leeds
Skando

I think you have hit the nail on the head, but I would throw in moltzen, lote, cashmere,and before they arrive thompson and pettybourne they are average 1st graders.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 1:32 pm

Agreed with Bismark and smeg.

New players
New coaching staff

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire