Sat 25 Aug, 2018 2:33 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 2:32 pm
will1999 wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 2:27 pm
are finals next week or the week after?
Next week
would of been better once the NRL season is over so they can play in the ISP
They finish a week earlier so that the NSW and QLD cup winners can play each other on NRL grand final day

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 3:08 pm

A very inept performance. At least half of the team which played today will not be representing Wests next season. That includes Rochow, McQueen, Lolohea, Godinet, Grant and Sironen. At least it will open up even more CAP space for Wests Tigers.

kafta

Post by kafta » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 3:12 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 3:08 pm
A very inept performance. At least half of the team which played today will not be representing Wests next season. That includes Rochow, McQueen, Lolohea, Godinet, Grant and Sironen. At least it will open up even more CAP space for Wests Tigers.
I thought Rochow has 1 more year.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 3:23 pm

Anyone think Dylan smith a smokey for wing

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 3:28 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 3:23 pm
Good player. Mikaele as well.

FOD001

Post by FOD001 » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 7:18 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 3:23 pm
Only if Thompson or Nofo get injured but shows plenty of energy for 80mins. My question is if Heleta comes back next week what will Hodgo do?

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm

Was expecting big things for the Magpies in this game, I sat through 80 minutes.......

willow

Post by willow » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 9:33 pm

Classy Jets post comfortable win over Magpies
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Sat 25 Aug 2018, 02:50 PM

Western Suburbs Magpies have gone down 32-12 in disappointing fashion to the Newtown Jets in the final game of the Intrust Super Premiership regular season.

Given Mounties' loss to the Dragons earlier in the day, the result sees Western Suburbs finish the regular season in fifth position and will play in an Elimination knockout final at Panthers Stadium next weekend.

With all the early ball and a 6-0 penalty count inside the opening 15 minutes, Newtown unsurprisingly took the lead through Sione Katoa despite the winger appearing to have put the ball down on the sideline.

Aaron Gray would double the Jets lead after 18 minutes when he crashed over out wide, and with a weight of possession against them, Western Suburbs were simply doing well to hang on in the contest.

Nine first half errors from Newtown kept the visitors in the fight, and as the half wore on, Wests looked more and more threatening with the ball in hand. However, poor execution and communication — coupled with four kicks running dead — ensured the visitors were unable to build any pressure of their own.

Katoa looked to have grabbed a double just before the half-time break, but he was controversially denied by the officials — ruled to have produced a double movement after a stunning try-saver from Dylan Smith.

As both sides walked off the field at Henson Park at half-time, Coach Hodgson labelled it as "a half to forget in a hurry", with the Magpies not showing any of the urgency or tenacity with the ball in hand that had them on the brink of securing a top four finish in the Intrust Super Premiership competition.

With poor ends to their sets to start the second half as well, Western Suburbs fell further behind in the 45th minute when William Kennedy found his way through three cover tackles before racing away to score under the posts. His 90m effort in front of a vocal Henson Park crowd allowed Jesse Marschke a simple conversion for his first goal of the day and the Jets the chance to extend their lead further to 14-0.

When Jack Williams crossed untouched seven minutes later to put the score to 20-0, it looked like Newtown were going to run away with a commanding victory as Wests struggled to get in the contest.

However, Smith would ensure that the Magpies had something to show for their efforts with a determined run just seeing the fullback get to the line, with Tuimoala Lolohea converting to cut the score to 20-6.

Rueben Rennie would restore the Jets healthy lead when he proved too strong from close range, with Marschke's conversion pushing Newtown back out to 26-6 with 15 minutes still to play.

Wes Lolo and Kurt Aldridge would trade late tries, but it would matter little in the end as Newtown posted a commanding victory and consolidated a top four spot on the Intrust Super Premiership ladder.

Newtown Jets 32 (Katoa, Gray, Kennedy, Williams, Rennie, Lolo tries; Marschke 4/6 goals) def. Western Suburbs Magpies 12 (Smith, Aldridge tries; Lolohea 2/2 goals) at Henson Park

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 9:43 pm

Went to the game at Henson Park today to meet up with an old mate who's a diehard Newtown supporter. Wests were absolutely dreadful and that's being kind. There was not one player who would go remotely close to playing first grade at the moment. Dylan Smith and Mikaele may make at some point in the future but they're nowhere near ready.
Tui bludged the whole game. Poor old McQueen is just a shadow of the player he once was. Gamble is a complete fraud. He has his fans on this forum but take it from me, he hasn't got it and is barely ISP standard. We will not win a game in the playoffs.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:55 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 1:24 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:34 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:19 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:14 pm

Many teams have done similar over the years
No doubt. But it makes a joke of ISC I reckon. Perhaps a minimum of 40 minutes needs to be played for that game to count towards ISC eligibility, that would be a better policy.
And then you'll have them faking injuries .....can't win , blames clubs coaches and players ....always trying to cheat the rules
Absolutely its the clubs/coaches fault.
What would faking injuries do though? If a player doesn't have 40 minutes on-field game time then that game shouldn't count towards eligibility. Simple. If an injury is to be taken into consideration then specific medical evidence needs to be produced and OK'd by the governing body.
The way it is at the moment I would love to see a team that for instance has top spot on the ladder sewn up a game or more out from the finals name their top 17 from 1st grade in ISC, have the game commence and then after 20 seconds haul all of the players off the field faking injury leaving the oposition out there on their own racking up a score of 200- blot. Those 17 "injured" players would still have that game counted towards ISC finals eligibility. That would expose it for the massively flawed system that it currently is.
Easy FTB , bloke goes into a tackle reels out like a drunken sailor (not Wendell ) and then has a HIA and doesn't come back on

Who would then be able to prove whether it was true or not ??

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:25 am

coivtny wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 9:43 pm
Went to the game at Henson Park today to meet up with an old mate who's a diehard Newtown supporter. Wests were absolutely dreadful and that's being kind. There was not one player who would go remotely close to playing first grade at the moment. Dylan Smith and Mikaele may make at some point in the future but they're nowhere near ready.
Tui bludged the whole game. Poor old McQueen is just a shadow of the player he once was. Gamble is a complete fraud. He has his fans on this forum but take it from me, he hasn't got it and is barely ISP standard. We will not win a game in the playoffs.
#FACTS

One of the most honest and accurate posts I have ever read on this forum.

Tui is a dud... Jus a lazy, over weight, disinterested, heartless dud.

Gamble? I wouldn't say hes talentless but he's like a watered down, less creative, can't tackle speed bump Mitch Moses clone. Undeserved hype and the fan boys like him cos he had a good game outside benji in Q cup. He's a flog.

McQueen is cooked. Just retire.

The rest of em not even 20s quality... And we got the fellas on the forum turning their noses up at signing Lichaa...

Cos Jacob Liddle has potential and hes gonna be a super star.... One day..

ISC player made of glass imo.

Wakeup.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:38 am

Demps wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:25 am
coivtny wrote:
#FACTS

Gamble? I wouldn't say hes talentless but he's like a watered down, less creative, can't tackle speed bump Mitch Moses clone. Undeserved hype and the fan boys like him cos he had a good game outside benji in Q cup. He's a flog.

The rest of em not even 20s quality... And we got the fellas on the forum turning their noses up at signing Lichaa...

ISC player made of glass imo.

Wakeup.
Yep agree with both posts.
It’s amazing where we were at start of this season and where we are now.
And it’s the attetude of players ..... it’s just disgraceful.
I suppose that most of them don’t care because they won’t be there next year but you would think you would have some pride.
Just disgraceful.
Also must say that Garners game has also gone backwards.

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:04 am

Demps wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:25 am
coivtny wrote:
#FACTS

ISC player made of glass IMO.

Wakeup.
I agree with both posts.
Just on Gamble, he's good but not that good. I watch a fair bit of QLD cup and he would be in my top 5. 5/8 running around in QCup last year or this year. Just IMO. We have signed some good young kids for Jersey Flegg, maybe we should start doing the same with the ISP squad. Not kids but with players that are on the crest of playing first grade.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 11:31 am

lets face it gambles season ended when drinkwater left.
but lets go on facts , we had the best side in the isp in the 1st 4-5 rounds then( and i know we had too) we cut players let players chase there dreams, and now look what we have , 2 second rowers playing in the centers, and then all year long we had 1st grade players sitting on the side lines rather than playing isp. so u get what u sow.