miller and marshall

•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
eyewonder

miller and marshall

Post by eyewonder » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 8:03 am

Even though we had little time with the ball last night,Miller and Marshall didn't work. A halves combination has to have communication,but they played like strangers last night.

Perhaps it was Benji who had the final word on keeping Miller out of first grade last year.

To me,Benji has to cut him some slack and let him do the playmaker role,or change the halves combination.

Simple solutions.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 8:16 am

It's a combination of Farah and Marshall's unwillingness to accept another player to handle responsibility of the attacking option. Their egos won't allow that.

We need a half that can stand up and demand the ball. Frankly, it won't happen with the other two playing.

delpy

Post by delpy » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 8:59 am

I'm not sure I agree. Look at RGIII in the NFL. He's a rookie quarterback and leads the team on and off the field. Even the veterans listen to him. Miller needs the confidence to control the team.
Delpy
Wests Tigers Member

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 9:11 am

We play a man short in attack because Marshall insists on playing 5/8 and being the main playmaker, meaning our halfback is wasted. As hard as it is for us to accept, i cant see Marshall changing and he's giving Potter no choice but to shift him back to 7 allowing Anasta to play 6 and bringing some size to our backrow. Like it or not, that gives the team more size and balance and we wont be playing a man short in attack.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 9:43 am

Benji needs to be told to take a step back. He's not a half, never has been and should kick no more then 3-4 times each match. Let the halfback take control. It's what they're there for.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 9:52 am

It is a real worry the way that R&B want to dominate everything.

When there was a little pow-wow happening to make a decision R&B were discussing it and Miller was standing there wanting to be involved but looking like the proverbial spare di@k at the wedding.

R&B are so used to running the show that it is going to take some time to break that down and get them working as part of the team, not the A team. They both want immediate success this season but they MUST come to terms with the fact that is unlikely to happen! Real success will only come when the team works as such and combinations settle. Until they can put their egos away and play like team members it will continue to be the same old, same old.

Sometimes less is more.

TigerOfBankstown

Post by TigerOfBankstown » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 11:29 am

G'day All..

New to the forum...

Just wanted to give my two cents worth, not that it matters..

I was initially happy that Jacob Miller was given a go in first grade, though after watching him in previous seasons and the Trial match + plus rnd 1 V Newcastle.. the kid is not cut out for first grade.. in comparison against Robert Lui, Lui was superior both at u/20s and first grade, Sheens gambled on him, though Lui didnt return the favour in reference to his off field shanninigans..

Miller, doesnt run the line, he doesnt tackle.. no skill with the feet besides being able to throw longs balls..

Look at reynolds at Souths and seiser at Gold coast, they are only a few years older.. you either have it or u dont.. and jacob miller doesnt have it..

Lets face it... in 2005, 2010,2011 we made the semis, iin those years we had decent HB's, i think people didnt take that into equasion during 2012..

Anyway, i think its time Benji moves on... NZ dropped him as captain for a reason..

BTW can we recommend a new stat in teh NRL? running sideways? i think Benji will average 10ks per game... :)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 11:44 am

barra wrote:It is a real worry the way that R&B want to dominate everything.

When there was a little pow-wow happening to make a decision R&B were discussing it and Miller was standing there wanting to be involved but looking like the proverbial spare di@k at the wedding.

R&B are so used to running the show that it is going to take some time to break that down and get them working as part of the team, not the A team. They both want immediate success this season but they MUST come to terms with the fact that is unlikely to happen! Real success will only come when the team works as such and combinations settle. Until they can put their egos away and play like team members it will continue to be the same old, same old.

Sometimes less is more.
Well Barra its simple really If you don't follow the coaches instructions you get dropped

Can you imagine Benji and Robbie not listening to a hard head coach like Warren Ryan ,Phil Gould ,Bennett or Bellamy

They'd give you a couple of chances blowing hot steam up their butts , and then if it wasn't working they'd sit one of them on the bench .

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 11:52 am

king sirro wrote:We play a man short in attack because Marshall insists on playing 5/8 and being the main playmaker, meaning our halfback is wasted. As hard as it is for us to accept, i cant see Marshall changing and he's giving Potter no choice but to shift him back to 7 allowing Anasta to play 6 and bringing some size to our backrow. Like it or not, that gives the team more size and balance and we wont be playing a man short in attack.
Yes sir, I agree 100%. Anasta is going to HAVE to pay in the halves. He might be ok as a lock behind a dominant forward pack, but we don't have one of those.

I reckon to light a fire under marshall's backside, drop him, play Anasta at 5/8 and see if he can teach miller how to be a halfback. Because marshall isnt going to teach miller jack sh*t.

For all the reasons listed above.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 12:03 pm

If Benji doesnt let go of the reigns, maybe send him back out to the centres with Lawrence outside as some form of bulk to cover him, and blood a fresh set of halves together. It will force robbie to feed them ball, most likely straighten them up a bit and stop Benji from getting a boot on the ball except from close attacking raids.

It wont alienate the Senior players group, give him more space to move, and force a young set of halves to have to work whether Robbie wants them to or not.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 12:51 pm

ofcourse it didnt work

we had 30% of the ball

if you can make an accurate assessment of whether it 'worked' or not you are a miuch better analyst than i am.

everett

Post by everett » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 12:55 pm

DUMB AND DUMBER
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

rossop

Post by rossop » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 3:05 pm

I dont rate Miller and the way Marshall played, well he was like a kid who just didnt want to be there. Maybe he has his nose out of joint because his only previous choach got the flick. I hope I am proved wrong but I already think its going to be a long year.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 3:19 pm

this is a one out football team.been that way for a while.
halves need targets to pass to and run off.

and some quality possession would help.

people are trying to put square pegs in round holes.

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 3:23 pm

It really does seem that Farah & Marshall for whatever reason dont want to involve Miller.
My question is, why did they give Lui the time of day?
Was Lui that much of a better player than Miller?
IMO there not that much difference in the 2 so why did Lui compliment Marshall & Farah better than what Miller does?

TigerOfBankstown

Post by TigerOfBankstown » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 3:49 pm

rossop wrote:I dont rate Miller and the way Marshall played, well he was like a kid who just didnt want to be there. Maybe he has his nose out of joint because his only previous choach got the flick. I hope I am proved wrong but I already think its going to be a long year.

Sheensi came out a week ago on Fox and pretty much admitted indirectly that the 'Senior' Playing group got him done, hence Benji had a hand in his removal because his boyfriends got sent packing...

Well last year a whole bunch of Tigers blamed the coach... well they got a new coach for 2013.. Benji besides the odd moment of magic is an ordinary player at best... no excuses in 2013..

People on this forum keep knocking sheenzy, though Balmain and the maggies in a total of 80 combined years years couldnt do what sheens did in 2 years.. thats to win a premiership(2005) with a team of kids and a few veterans.. That was Tims strength... turning ordinary players like Benji to semi decent players... Benji though decided to stop listening with old age... now look at him, take 2012 for an example, and RD 1 last night...

Different coaches suit different players/styles.. How many state of origan players have we had in teh last 10 years?

Miller isnt the answer, and Sheens knew it.... and now Potter will find out.. for the sake of being competetive, we need anasta @ 5/8 and Benji @ H/B, the rest will fall into place...

Gee at least we have the great Blocker Roach onboard now, he got sacked by Sheens, and ranted on last year how we needed change.. "the club is stale"... looks like blocker just wanted his job back... earlier in the year he was ranting on how there is a positive feel to the place....

PaperScissorsRock

Post by PaperScissorsRock » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 3:58 pm

It's a SIMPLE SOLUTION..Benji Marshall needs to go!!! Brings nothing to the table!! When we the WORLD REALISE,,The NZ Coach did!!!

monkey

Post by monkey » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 4:36 pm

How many chances can you give the kid sorry guys he gotta offers nothing

Posted using RoarFEED 2013