Going old school v Melbourne ??

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Going old school v Melbourne ??

Post by happy tiger » Sun 07 Apr, 2013 11:55 pm

Thinking outside the square , but the last thing Melbourne would expect from us going a bit old school (much like Manly did at Brooky back in 2011)

Three or four scuffles throughout the 1st half just to try and shake Melbourne up a bit

If we can put them off their game for a while and refocus before they do ,you never know

It is imperative we get off to a good start and be within worse case 6 points at half time to have any chance

Just a thought ??

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 12:02 am

I think our team wouldn't be as professional as Melbourne and would take longer to settle back into it after a dust up. ( Many of our players are still quite new to the big league and would be nervous already.) Would also be a massive error if we were a bit over excited to get a dust up started and we popped a man in the bin.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 4:07 am

Go the cattledog, eh? Could be some merit in this, Happy. We could turn it on the first time one of our players has his achilles tendon trodden on, or his arm twisted out of its socket. Might force the refs to do something about these tactics. A brawl might take Melbourne by surprise, their 'big three' are very much used to having things go their own way. Slater is a sook.

I reckon we could get some advice and support from Sam Thaiday!

Where's Bryce Gibbs when you need him? (Oh that's right, lolling around on Cronulla beach with a bung knee.)
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 10:37 am

desperate times call for desperate measures.

In my experience when people try and put on a dust up, the other side normally wins and the 50/50 calls tend to go against them.

we probably need something out of the box to win, whether this is the something Im not sure!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 11:22 am

I dont think we have the boys to put there hands up and actually use them.. Melbourne usually take on a siege mentality when teams try this anyway and it rallies them 90% of the time.

I'd prefer young/rare players like Ava, Akoula, Buchanan, Tedesco & Thompson to simply focus on their 3-4 KPO's each week to build some momentum for the second half of the year.

We need someone to hijack the Melbourne Team Bus on the way to the ground!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 12:49 pm

If we are to beat these blokes we have to play tough uncompromising defence;

mutltiple defenders into tackles using their shoulders,
massive pressure on Cronks kicks - sit him on his arse everytime if possible,
kick to the corners, chase hard and belt Slater,
niggle the crap out of them....

I am all for a blue but down there with a parochial crowd, the Storm will draw together and become stronger. If it was at Cambo or Leichhardt we may get away with it, but not there. If we frustrate them, they are susceptible to mini implosions and if we get them in that mind set we are a chance. If they are allowed to dictate terms the score could be anything and most probably a 40 point hiding, but if we hit them hard and often, stay in their faces and cut down their reaction times,they could become mistake riddled through the big three overtrying.

Justo

Post by Justo » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 3:54 pm

Could we win the scuffle though? Hate to lose that and the game.

Justo

Post by Justo » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 6:53 am

Robbie should of clocked Slater when he had the chance. Slater was ready to go but Farah pulled out. poor read imo. Already lost the penalty any way.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013