did spencational play?

ImageImageImage
innsaneink

Re: did spencational play?

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:35 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:So would I if you gave me a go, doesn't make me any good.

We've got some quality young players coming through. He isn't one of them, plain and simple.
Naah, I reckon you'd sh*t yourself and run away
Bag a kid for having a crack.
You hero.

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:44 am

He might have a go but that is not good enough. He looks stuffed after 5 min. In my opinion, 1st grade is too fast for him.
When he makes a tackle, he struggles to get up fast enough to get back in line. I don't like bagging young blokes starting out but he does not have what it takes to have a 1st grade career unless there is massive improvements in him.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:44 am

Haha nah I don't buy it. You've got something to do with Spence. Your love of him makes no sense. He has no less of a crack than any other numerous players that have received your and others vitriol and you haven't defended him. He's your mate or something.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:59 am

innsaneink wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:So would I if you gave me a go, doesn't make me any good.

We've got some quality young players coming through. He isn't one of them, plain and simple.
Naah, I reckon you'd sh*t yourself and run away
Bag a kid for having a crack.
You hero.
I'm being realistic and you're being a peanut.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 04 May, 2013 3:21 am

This forum really is a harsh crowd.

I'm sure the bloke is giving it his all but he is a bit out of his depth at the moment. I think there are better options like big Ava.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 04 May, 2013 7:53 am

No Allan . INK made comparisons to Johhny Skandalis last week and we are trying to point out just how far away his statement was .Inks a big boy with big shoulders,and is always ready to put the slipper into somebody who he dosent agree with .

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:06 am

I thought Spence mad a bit of effort in defence although the quality of it was lacking but 15 tackles in 22 minutes not too bad. However only 2 runs for 14 meters is just soft. Hasnt shown anything to tell me he should be in first grade even with the injuries we have. Sue on the other hand looks like he can make it

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:12 am

LOL....you BS artist 1/4, I didnt compare him to Skando... I said the try he scored was similar to a couple Skando had scored at the same ground in the same spot off lucky kicks
You make your own luck and rewarded later in the game with a pie which reminded me so much of one or two Skando scored in the same spot - one against Bris in our first game??? ...and the other against the Cowboys in 05 when we finally qualified for our first ever semis series.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=17298
Take it outta context much hmmm????

I think you'll find I waited a bit longer than their first 2 or 3 games before giving it to guys like Fitzy & Moltz

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:16 am

He is having a go no doubt , but I think he is struggling with the speed of NRL

Maybe give him some time to adjust , coming back from a serious injury and only his 3rd game

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:18 am

hahahahaha INKS on the defensive , watch all the old posts roll out from the past .show me where i bagged Fitzy . i have a fully signed photo of Daniel when he scored in the 05 g/f hanging on my office wall.As for Moltz,i think i got him 100% right .spencational . lol

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:22 am

Comprehension isnt a strong point I see 1/4

I suggest you read it again...slowly

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:25 am

happy tiger wrote:He is having a go no doubt , but I think he is struggling with the speed of NRL

Maybe give him some time to adjust , coming back from a serious injury and only his 3rd game
He is, no doubt - on both counts....he looks stuffed quick, whether its his running action or what I dunno...its a big step up, Im sure Potters looking towards the future here

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:26 am

Comprehension , grammar , spelling , gee is that all you have INKY . i left school in year 10 , but hey i have manage to own two busineses in 30 years and provided for my family pretty comfortably.rhodes scholar ..

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sat 04 May, 2013 8:32 am

He's the least impressive of the debutants no doubt. I too, can't understand his selection as imo he provides nothing. Would much rather buchanan/fulton starting at lock to tighten up the middle third with ava on the bench. On the other side of the spectrum, sue looks the goods. Give him BMM's role of running angles off the halves and watch him excel

He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:He is having a go no doubt , but I think he is struggling with the speed of NRL

He is, no doubt - on both counts....he looks stuffed quick, whether its his running action or what I dunno...its a big step up, Im sure Potters looking towards the future here
I don't think his running action is why he's stuffed quick. It's the jump in intensity and level to the NRL. At the moment the bloke is a little out of his depth. He may come good and from the outside looking in, it looks like NSW state cup would be better for him at the moment. But injuries to the top squad mean someone has to do the job.

I'm not sure whether he's had a disrupted pre-season but it looks like he may have. Those who do are always behind the play a little.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:30 pm

In an ideal world he'd be another player that the coach could shuffle between State Cup and NRL bench to bring on properly... we simply are galaxies away from an ideal world!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:38 pm

innsaneink wrote:

It might be because he isn't overly dominant defensive wise Ink , and he seems to be getting caught in the ruck which is putting extra pressure on a already struggling defensive line

We just had absolutely no control over the Bulldogs ruck and they just kept rolling over us

When you are just coming back from injury and trying to get used to the extra speed that just makes everything worse

Just my opinion , anyone wanting to bag our forwards might want to also get stuck into our more experienced non performers Blair ,BMM in particular

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 May, 2013 5:06 pm

Allan Towle wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I don't think his running action is why he's stuffed quick. It's the jump in intensity and level to the NRL. At the moment the bloke is a little out of his depth. He may come good and from the outside looking in, it looks like NSW state cup would be better for him at the moment. But injuries to the top squad mean someone has to do the job.

I'm not sure whether he's had a disrupted pre-season but it looks like he may have. Those who do are always behind the play a little.

I meant his running action looks a little odd to me and even at the start of games he looks buggered.

Him starting last week and again last night surprised me greatly but shows just what a hole injury wise we are in

In an ideal setting he'd - and the other debutants - would be eased in gradually when things are smooth, but desperate times call for desperate measures

Its one thing us mug fans giving it to seasoned first graders playing poor, its another laying the boot into rookies on debut