Benji worth every cent - Lawrence

ImageImageImage
GNR4LIFE

Re: Benji worth every cent - Lawrence

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:32 am

Eddie wrote:This is why Wests Tigers have a soft culture. Blokes like Cam Smith and Bellemy read the riot act to underperforming players and are not afraid to say so in the media. Tigers all you get is back slapping and brother garbage. Yeah brothers that they were so tight they made 3 finals in 10 seasons.
Tbh, i'm sure this won't be a very popular opinion but i hate hearing the ''brothers for life'' crap. How many other teams take it to that extent after they win comps. Sure winning a comp must cement some kind of bond, but at the end of the day they are still professionals just doing a job

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:49 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Eddie wrote:This is why Wests Tigers have a soft culture. Blokes like Cam Smith and Bellemy read the riot act to underperforming players and are not afraid to say so in the media. Tigers all you get is back slapping and brother garbage. Yeah brothers that they were so tight they made 3 finals in 10 seasons.
Tbh, i'm sure this won't be a very popular opinion but i hate hearing the ''brothers for life'' crap. How many other teams take it to that extent after they win comps. Sure winning a comp must cement some kind of bond, but at the end of the day they are still professionals just doing a job
Agree with you GNR..who are these "brothers for life" ? They are our worst players.

How is Sue Sironen Tedesco Simona Spence etc etc part of this brothers thing..they have only been there two minutes.
Must be so annoying for new players trying to break into the team when they have under performing big salary players supposedly guiding them looking like they don't care and playing crap.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Fri 10 May, 2013 12:23 pm

you shouldn't give large extensions past the age of 30.it's a critical evaluation time in a players career.just handing out contracts like this is irresponsible roster management.

as usual upper management are failing us with their process.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 10 May, 2013 9:07 pm

Well Benji might be worth every cent to someone, but it certainly isn't Wests Tigers. I dare say he is worth every cent to whoever our opposition is each week.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

TigersFan4Life

Post by TigersFan4Life » Fri 10 May, 2013 9:20 pm

Lawrence wants to save money, but doesn't want the Tigers to.