The Bad and the Ugly (ok and the good too)

ImageImageImage
MacDougall

The Bad and the Ugly (ok and the good too)

Post by MacDougall » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:29 pm

1. Tedesco - Made one error that led directly to a try. Slipped over too much. Was otherwise damn good. Among our best.
2. Utai - Was hopeless and then got injured.
3. Reddy - Solid as usual.
4. Simona - Started well but faded. Was ok.
5. Koroibete - His worst performance in first grade by far.
6. Marshall - Was completely missing.
7. Sironen - Can't be there next week. Offered nothing.
8. Woods - It's amazing how good he is in our hopelessly flogged side. Unfortunately these poor performances might cost him his origin spot.
9. Farah - Never gave up. Without him I shudder to think what we'd be. Can't blame him for "trying too hard" when Marshall and Sironen do nothing at all.
10. Sue - Offered more than Buchanan has in the front row. Showed a bit of a mean streak. Reasonable dig.
11. Fulton - Never stopped trying and again was among our best despite offering little in the way of impact.
12. Blair - Invisible. Can't last much longer.
13. Pettybourne - Had a dig.
14. Murdoch-Masila - Barely sighted.
15. Buchanan - Reasonable from the bench. Improved on recent efforts.
16. Spence - Knocked out in his first involvement so n/a.
17. Thompson - Little game time and wasnt really involved outside of getting a penalty when he dropped it.

Bolded were our best. Each week we find new ways to be beaten. Rather than being punched up on the fringes we lost the game under the high ball. We're not losing these games in the pigs guys so quit it with the catch cry of "need more props." Our wingers and halves are not performing.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:52 pm

I can't put Reddy down as being one of our best. Pettybourne had a real go. Fulton always has a go. Farah is something else. I thought that was an average game from Woods - he was still good but not great.

Tedesco needs to take every bomb and hold onto every ball. As soon as he does this he will be a great player.

I agree 100% with your last comment. Our back 3 are making too many mistakes and our halves are doing next to nothing. I think our forwards still need some work but the mistakes are what are killing us.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:54 pm

News flash THERE IS NO GOOD!!

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Fri 10 May, 2013 11:56 pm

I agree with most of your post but you cannot knock Utai too much. He plays his guts out every week.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 11 May, 2013 12:08 am

This side is just finding ways to lose matches. There is little confidence in this team. Next week could be very ugly.

I liked Sue's game. He looks like he'll have a good FG career.
Farah was awesome. Fulton and Woods were good too. Sironen and Tedesco tried hard. The rest just need to show a lot more.

I'd like to see big Ava back for Spence. Poor Spence didn't last long tonight but he has been one if the quieter players while Ava has looked good. I'd start Blair at prop too. The added responsibility may see a better game out of him.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 11 May, 2013 12:16 am

Allan Towle wrote:... I'd start Blair at
left right out
Madgic!

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 11 May, 2013 12:31 am

MacDougall wrote:5. Koroibete - His worst performance in first grade by far.
What did he do wrong?

Yes, made an early error, but I never saw him go into his shell. Continued to attack the ball.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 11 May, 2013 6:57 am

I agree with what op said.
The bold players are consistently the best players.
You shouldn't be surprised.
As for the rest, something needs to be done.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 11 May, 2013 6:59 am

Positive? We held them to 6 points at half time..Also, I don't think we miss Heino on last night performance, Fafita different story..

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 11 May, 2013 7:35 am

People in this thread saying pettybourne tired hard -he made less meters and less tackles then Adam Blair -he didn't try hard he was crap.

We need decent forwards -we make no meters and we go backwards in the tackle always. We shouldn't let the opposition be in a position where they are kicking a bomb from 20 meters out every set.

Individually
tedesco -ran hard which is good but made 2 simple errors and didn't get their enough to support Koroibete
Utai -ran hard as always and they didn't kick to him tonight so he was solid
Reddy - did nothing much and then dropped a bomb for a try (he gets high but he can't catch)
Simona- was I pressed in a crap team he was solid and even dangerous could be good with a better pack
Koroibete- horrible under the high ball which cost us lots of points but ran hard all night despit looking really injured for the whole match
Mrshall - didn't do much but kicked solidly and what can u expect with no forward pack
Sironen - missed 3 tackles, didn't do much n attack as above needs a forward pack before he can be judged but maybe a yr in nsw cup would help his development
Pettybourne - crap did nothing , showed nothing despite getting the chance to start -less meters and less tackles then Blair
Blair - defended well, did the small things well but needs to do more in attack although was playing better till potter moved him to the edge a couple of weeks ago
Fulton -tackled great but again nothing in attack
Woods -ran hard, tackled hard, played too many minutes but is the only forward so what else can they do
Farah -solid , tried too hard perhaps but our best as always with woods
Sue -injured early and then came back on and tried hard but isn't a prop

Bmm - tackled solidly but nowhere to be seen in attack maybe the rumours are true
Buchannan -solid but as most 20 yr old props he needs a break from first grade for his own good
Spence -NA
Thompson -hardly played and didn't do much when he did

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 May, 2013 7:44 am

I thought Pettybourne was OK, one of only a few to run hard and with aggression

We lost a forward, Blair is bleh and BMM & Bodene did bugger all too....our forwards arent ALL putting in

My only positives were Beau getting hammered and my souths 13+/Sharks 13+ multi....

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 11 May, 2013 7:47 am

Pettybourne was ok ? He was brought into start to make some meters and he made 59 from 8 hit ups all night -Blair made more meters from the same hitcups where is the Adam Blair ran hard with aggression

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 11 May, 2013 7:49 am

"Marshall - didn't do much but kicked solidly and what can u expect with no forward pack"

Please, when are people going to wake up to the fact that Benji has had his time?? Kicked solidly? That's good for a player on the money he is on...Give me Carney any day.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 11 May, 2013 7:54 am

I'm not saying Benji is doing well but if carney and Benji swapped teams last night before the game the score would have been exactly the same IMO because the sharks could make meters

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 May, 2013 8:09 am

Boonboon2 wrote:Pettybourne was ok ? He was brought into start to make some meters and he made 59 from 8 hit ups all night -Blair made more meters from the same hitcups where is the Adam Blair ran hard with aggression
Dont think so

I saw blair more involved last night but still not enough

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... RL20130902

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/M ... &tab=Stats

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 11 May, 2013 8:25 am

We can blame a lot of individuals and there were alot of bad individual performances but the most worrying sign is that they play nothing that resembles a structured team.I suppose the other very worrying sign is it's the same individuals week in week out we talk about lacking commitment and passion. It's time they just need to be dropped.I wouldn't do it next week let them face the music of the Souths game but use the bye to drop underperforming players and train the house down with some new blood. It's the only way. Potter needs some proper assistance and a bigger voice it's the only way he is going to survive.Play Blair 80 minutes next week!!! Show him up against those big boppers

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 11 May, 2013 8:26 am

The fullback and wingers need to support each other when bombs go up, not just this game it's been a problem before particularly with Utai. I know the person catching has the responsibility but if/when they spill it they should be supported not people standing around watching to see how they go, basic park football. Very ugly effort for basic play that costs nearly every game.

Sue's aggression was good to see when he was on early.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 11 May, 2013 8:29 am

innsaneink wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:Pettybourne was ok ? He was brought into start to make some meters and he made 59 from 8 hit ups all night -Blair made more meters from the same hitcups where is the Adam Blair ran hard with aggression
Dont think so

I saw blair more involved last night but still not enough

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... RL20130902

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/M ... &tab=Stats

Interesting Ink -I usually check out nrlstats.com.au just because the pages load quicker and they have very different numbers and my memory is a bit blurry this morning