bj leilua????

Yossarian

Re: bj leilua????

Post by Yossarian » Tue 18 Dec, 2012 10:32 pm

No thanks. Seems to have had plenty of chances after being put on notice. Lots of blokes have talent, most of the time it comes down to attitude. A bad attitude at training often rubs off on others and I don't want this bloke around our young up and comers. We've got a good opportunity with a new coach and new players to establish a good culture at our club and he doesn't seem the type of player to do it with.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 7:46 am

I don't really have an opinion either way, although I'm happy to stick with Ayshford and Lawrence in the centres

but seriously he looks like the polynesian Jay Leno am I right?

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:43 am

i dont think we need anymore players , we have a new coach and players who may not have got a shot before under the old may get a crack and suprise people like us supporters

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:57 am

Handy player , compares pretty well with Ayshford or Simona as potential centres

Only issue is that he can only play left side and that means we have to move Lawrence to right side which he can handle but is more effective left side

Save the money ,offload Moltzen and Reddy and make Manly a 300k offer to Kite They'll accept trust me , because the NRL won't verify Stewarts contract until they have got rid of 300 k of ballast as they are over already

Solves a lot of problems in my opinion

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:09 am

Snodgrass wrote:So off to one of the The bad boy clubs ... Penrith, Cronulla, Titans , Berkeley Vale, Ourimbah, Nambucca Heads, the real NRL ...
Or perhaps the Woy Woy Roosters will take him, Snoddy :lol:

Newcastle seem to be favourites for signing all the jerks. Hope WT aren't even thinking about it - he is Lui Mark II
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tommy Magpie

Post by Tommy Magpie » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:25 am

With the salary cap going up, most clubs (except for Manly who need the cash for Stewart) could make a play for him. I'd say Knights and Storm would be favourites.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:39 am

I believe Bodene Thompson will fill any role BJ could and is a more gifted player IMHO

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:41 am

Yossarian wrote:No thanks. Seems to have had plenty of chances after being put on notice. Lots of blokes have talent, most of the time it comes down to attitude. A bad attitude at training often rubs off on others and I don't want this bloke around our young up and comers. We've got a good opportunity with a new coach and new players to establish a good culture at our club and he doesn't seem the type of player to do it with.
I'm with you on this one Yossarian , besides what message would it be sending to the rest of our squad.
Didn't we get rid of Lui for a reason :crazy , don't even want to entertain the thought.....
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 1:05 pm

No thanks. Those wayward types are a hassle. We have a world class duo in Lawrence and Sironen (haha) ready to blow the opposition apart as it is

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 3:14 pm

Nup, NO THANKS!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 3:26 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Snodgrass wrote:So off to one of the The bad boy clubs ... Penrith, Cronulla, Titans , Berkeley Vale, Ourimbah, Nambucca Heads, the real NRL ...

Newcastle seem to be favourites for signing all the jerks. Hope WT aren't even thinking about it - he is Lui Mark II
Has set a new standard with his reported behaviour.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 6:39 pm

We are in a really good position at present with all the great young talent coming through the ranks and if you want to keep them their must be a career path for them. Different if he was a elite player and played a position that we were struggling to fill.

More than happy with the talent we have in our own backyard,2013 will be the start of good things to come

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 6:51 pm

Going to the Knights by all accounts Bennet loves him!

Post by 851 » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 7:38 pm

smeghead wrote:I believe Bodene Thompson will fill any role BJ could and is a more gifted player IMHO
Totally agree,and Thompson has no history,we don't need him,plus he rejected us to stay at easts,so a big no.
Go hard or go home

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 20 Dec, 2012 10:37 am

The Sydney Roosters have terminated the NRL contract of troubled centre Joseph `BJ' Leilua, but the player's agent is confident he'll have no problem finding a new club for 2013.

The Roosters were keen to get rid of a player with a perceived attitude problem and the 21-year-old wanted out.

A Roosters insider said the termination was amicable.

Leilua was on his final warning with the club after being given a one-year good behaviour bond in October for sending a nude photo of an ex-girlfriend to her brother and friend.

He was cleared of assaulting his ex partner after an incident at the Allawah Hotel in Sydney's south.

Leilua's manager Paul Sutton said his client's time at the Roosters had reached a "natural death" after a tumultuous year.

Asked if Leilua's sacking was because of an attitude problem, Sutton said the decision to terminate the deal with two years remaining was mutual.

"There hasn't been too much said (about attitude). Sometimes things just have to die a natural death and it was just a mutual thing," Sutton told AAP.

"I'm not sure if he particularly wanted to be there, not sure if they particularly wanted him to be there. It just got to that kind of point.

"The club said it's probably best for BJ and best for them as well."

The big outside back made his first grade debut in 2010 and is regarded as an up and coming talent.

Leilua was earlier this week selected in an emerging NSW Blues State of Origin squad and this year played for City Origin.

Sutton said he was confident Leilua would have no problem finding another NRL club that will take him in 2013, despite his off-field trouble and the fact pre-season training is already well underway.

Player representatives are expected to endorse a new collective bargaining agreement this week that would see the ARLC announce significant salary cap increases for next season.

Sutton said the extra cap room would help Leilua find a home and ensure he doesn't have to look overseas to continue his career.

The Newcastle Knights are reportedly favourites to snare Leilua, who played under their coach Wayne Bennett at St George Illawarra in 2009.

"I'd be pretty confident. Everyone seems to have some money left over now (with the anticipated increase in the cap)," Sutton said.

"I think there's a few teams out there that need players who have the money and there won't be any players available."

Comments:

Wow, what normal person would send a nude photo of his ex to the exs brother. That is just weird, what did he think his exs brother was into incest??? Weird!

MSN9
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 20 Dec, 2012 11:22 am

KNIGHTS chief executive Matt Gidley believes Wayne Bennett is the right coach and Newcastle is the right place to bring the best out of Sydney Roosters discard Joseph ''BJ'' Leilua.

The 21-year-old outside back, who was named in the NSW Emerging Origin squad on Saturday for the second year, is believed to be on the verge of signing a two-year deal with the Knights after he was sacked by the Roosters on Tuesday with two years left on his contract.

Gidley said the Knights were in negotiations with Leilua's manager but had yet to finalise a deal and would not be in a position to sign him until the ARL Commission confirmed an increase in next year's salary cap.

He believed the Knights were one of several clubs Leilua's manager had spoken to.

Advertisement

''Once we became aware he could be coming on the market, we said we would look into it, as we would with any player coming on the market unexpectedly, particularly with the cap going up a little bit next year,'' Gidley said.

''Everyone was pretty much budgeting on a $5 million cap, so if there's more room now, given the CBA discussions and an agreement in principle to increase the base cap to $5.15 million, there might be an opportunity there, whether it's BJ Leilua or whoever comes on the market.

''They're talking about $5.15 million as the base cap for next year, with other opportunities for players through marquee player allowances and the like.''

If Leilua does join the Knights, Gidley believed the improved behaviour of former bad boys Willie Mason and Dane Gagai since joining the club was proof Newcastle could help the centre turn his career around.

''I can only speak on behalf of the guys that have come to our club, and the most recent ones are Willie and Dane who have had a few minor issues in the past but they've been outstanding for us,'' he said. ''They haven't put a foot wrong.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2FXyEd8Bz
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Thu 20 Dec, 2012 2:40 pm

How convenient for Leilua to make himself available to the marketplace just at the dawn of a new era in salary caps...?Pardon me for being cynical,but reckon its a tad opportunistic..
Having said that,his size & speed is exactly what we need in the backline..Utai,Lote & maybe Lawrence are all at the very back end of their careers,& Benji & Miller are going to be a fragile pair of halves defensively.So a big centre like him wld be great to have.
Only potter can decide whether the attitude is managable...there are some coaches(Bennett/Bellamy/Haslar)who can deal with these types...

Snodgrass

Post by Snodgrass » Thu 20 Dec, 2012 2:46 pm

Flippedy wrote:

Flip, don't think Woy Woy could squeeze him in under the cap.
From what I'm hearing they've poached half of the Bunnies from Umina.
Next years local derby could get ugly (you know, more so than usual).
. Please Note ... The somewhat garbled opinion reproduced above is not the work of former Western Suburbs, Newtown and Parramatta second rower Warren Snodgrass.