Taane Milne (official)

  •  Recent Topics
Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: Taane Milne (official)

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:03 pm

The Morris try dogs first try Milne chased the kicker at marker on the 5th to put pressure. So wasn't in the centre position . Then the kick got tapped back and he found him self close to middle field and bee lined to the dog that the ball was tapped back to. Unfortunately did not get to him in time they got a few passes away and hoppa ran straight threw the centres.


Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm

Wow anyone comment on Milne hit on frawley around 63 minute mark. Like the hit on Moses in cowboys game

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6026
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:20 pm

I never understand, people see a handful of games for one player and are prepared to make a call on their career. Milne has played 15 first grade games and he's never had a run in our system, in our colours etc.

Yeah he had an ordinary game, 17 blokes wearing our colours had one yesterday too. He's playing for one of the form teams and he's in a position that we are very weak. Just let it play out.

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1842
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:23 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:20 pm
I never understand, people see a handful of games for one player and are prepared to make a call on their career. Milne has played 15 first grade games and he's never had a run in our system, in our colours etc.

Yeah he had an ordinary game, 17 blokes wearing our colours had one yesterday too. He's playing for one of the form teams and he's in a position that we are very weak. Just let it play out.
He didn't even play a full game today (44 mins) and people are seemingly writing him off.
He's still raw obviously, but he's got a lot going for him - so much so that the Dragons are naming a centre on the bench every week.

tigerfanatic
Member
Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu 16 Feb, 2017 10:41 am

Post by tigerfanatic » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 6:30 am

ricksen wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:23 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:20 pm
I never understand, people see a handful of games for one player and are prepared to make a call on their career. Milne has played 15 first grade games and he's never had a run in our system, in our colours etc.

Yeah he had an ordinary game, 17 blokes wearing our colours had one yesterday too. He's playing for one of the form teams and he's in a position that we are very weak. Just let it play out.
He didn't even play a full game today (44 mins) and people are seemingly writing him off.
He's still raw obviously, but he's got a lot going for him - so much so that the Dragons are naming a centre on the bench every week.
Yea as a centre you would prefer to start the match that way you get a good feel of your competition he came on and played 44mins but if dugan doesn't go off with a h.i.a im guessing he comes on later on in the game say between the 60-80min period. Having prepared for the game knowing your only going to be playing between 10-20min does not help with your approach to the game mentally or physically i say a full pre season under cleary and some direction this kid will be a future star


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6288
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 6:45 am

851 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:04 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:59 pm
He'll be fine.
I agree, he not only has a good step and fend, but an offload as well, he is considered the best right centre at saints, they just have to many backs on contract and we were in the right place at the right time.
By who, obviously not by the Coach.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22404
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 7:56 am

One thing that's become glaringly obvious over the last couple months while we've been linked to so many players has been how little some on this forum follow other teams and opposition players. Its almost like some watch no games outside of ours. Fair enough Milne has played only a dozen games, but most were unfamiliar with Tui. Some were even unfamiliar with Matulino whose played over 200 games.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3304
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 8:02 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 7:56 am
One thing that's become glaringly obvious over the last couple months while we've been linked to so many players has been how little some on this forum follow other teams and opposition players. Its almost like some watch no games outside of ours. Fair enough Milne has played only a dozen games, but most were unfamiliar with Tui. Some were even unfamiliar with Matulino whose played over 200 games.
I have been enjoying watching opposition games more than TIgers games this season, they induce far less rage in me...

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2688
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 8:22 am

It all depends on how much he is being paid. At this point in his career he is still an unproven FG player. Looks like he he has got the attributes to go alright but has not been able to cement a spot at Saints to date. Not sure what we supposedly signed him for but the current inflated market has probably worked to his benefit.

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3840
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:06 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 7:56 am
One thing that's become glaringly obvious over the last couple months while we've been linked to so many players has been how little some on this forum follow other teams and opposition players. Its almost like some watch no games outside of ours. Fair enough Milne has played only a dozen games, but most were unfamiliar with Tui. Some were even unfamiliar with Matulino whose played over 200 games.
And if they happen to watch and the said signing has a bad game... He's a dud pick up by the club.
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6026
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:18 am

Nelson wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 8:02 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 7:56 am
One thing that's become glaringly obvious over the last couple months while we've been linked to so many players has been how little some on this forum follow other teams and opposition players. Its almost like some watch no games outside of ours. Fair enough Milne has played only a dozen games, but most were unfamiliar with Tui. Some were even unfamiliar with Matulino whose played over 200 games.
I have been enjoying watching opposition games more than TIgers games this season, they induce far less rage in me...
I agree. I LOVE Thursday football, it's just that glimpse of the weekend for me, something to watch and relax (we haven't (don't?) played Thursday football), one more day of work then whammo weekend time.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 3:41 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 6:45 am
851 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:04 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:59 pm
He'll be fine.
I agree, he not only has a good step and fend, but an offload as well, he is considered the best right centre at saints, they just have to many backs on contract and we were in the right place at the right time.
By who, obviously not by the Coach.
Read the dragons forums
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17913
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:00 pm

Dragons fans seem pretty dirty about him being let go. He had a bad game along with 16 of his team mates. It happens.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6288
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:31 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 3:41 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 6:45 am
851 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:04 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:59 pm
He'll be fine.
I agree, he not only has a good step and fend, but an offload as well, he is considered the best right centre at saints, they just have to many backs on contract and we were in the right place at the right time.
By who, obviously not by the Coach.
Read the dragons forums
What, their forum members are who we listen to now are they
If the Coach thought that he was even half as good as a few here do, he'd be in First grade.
Mary lives and dies by results and he would want the best players.
He may be good, and a decent buy, but it's a potential signing. And we all love them.

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:43 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:31 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 3:41 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 6:45 am
851 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:04 pm


I agree, he not only has a good step and fend, but an offload as well, he is considered the best right centre at saints, they just have to many backs on contract and we were in the right place at the right time.
By who, obviously not by the Coach.
Read the dragons forums
What, their forum members are who we listen to now are they
If the Coach thought that he was even half as good as a few here do, he'd be in First grade.
Mary lives and dies by results and he would want the best players.
He may be good, and a decent buy, but it's a potential signing. And we all love them.
Don't we have the same problem? Our coach picking players we think shouldn't be there but leaving out players we think should be there.
Our coach lives and dies by results as well and they still pick the likes of KN and Lovett and leave out player's we'd like to see given an opportunity

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3023
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:46 pm

^ I may be wrong, but surely the coaches are basing their selections on something. Drawing straws?
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 5:25 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:43 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:31 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 3:41 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 6:45 am


By who, obviously not by the Coach.
Read the dragons forums
What, their forum members are who we listen to now are they
If the Coach thought that he was even half as good as a few here do, he'd be in First grade.
Mary lives and dies by results and he would want the best players.
He may be good, and a decent buy, but it's a potential signing. And we all love them.
Don't we have the same problem? Our coach picking players we think shouldn't be there but leaving out players we think should be there.
Our coach lives and dies by results as well and they still pick the likes of KN and Lovett and leave out player's we'd like to see given an opportunity
Cheers mate, I knew someone would work it out, if the majority of fans are unhappy he is leaving, I am happy he is a good one, although I formed my own opinion on this bloke.
Last edited by 851 on Tue 13 Jun, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 5:26 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:46 pm
^ I may be wrong, but surely the coaches are basing their selections on something. Drawing straws?
If you look at our team over the past 2 years you would say that drawing straws was the only conclusion.
Go hard or go home

Post Reply