Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Spud Murphy

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 10:43 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 5:39 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:12 am
Zane, George Burgess, Dylan Walker and Cook! I'd be a very happy man if all of these rumours came true 😁
Theres an odd man out in these four
Which one Ink? I thought there was rumours surrounding all these guys possibly coming, or is it just hopeful forum talk :lol:

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:06 am

TheDaBoss wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 9:01 am
Klemmer’s Knights deal imminent
David Klemmer’s reported move from the Bulldogs to the Knights is very close to being announced.
It is just a matter of when and it could be the next couple of days.
The reason for the delay in the Knights signing Klemmer is down to the Bulldogs’ desire to have a ready made replacement to
not anger their fans.
If Napa takes the Bulldogs’ deal then it is expected that Klemmer will join the Knights immediately.
Sharks eye Johnston to replace Holmes

The Roosters are resigned to losing their premiership prop Dylan Napa to the Bulldogs in time for the 2019 season.
Napa has been heavily linked to the Bulldogs as a replacement for David Klemmer, if as expected, he joins the Knights.
The 26-year-old Queensland prop is reportedly considering a three-year deal worth around $2 million with the Bulldogs.

The Roosters are not expected to stand in Napa’s way if he chooses to leave the club with a year remaining on his contract.
Napa has about a week to decide, but will be an immediate replacement once Klemmer goes, which will be a much needed
signing boost for the Bulldogs.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 0edaa7e98b
This is interesting. As Dylan plays a similar role to Klemmer, but Klemmer plays it marginally better and more consistently.
Which makes me wonder why the Knights did not pinch Napa direct? ... Ok maybe they were worried that they would have to add white to their red and blue Jerseys if they took another Easts player.

I was also thinking.... if we loose Brooks, what if we just go all out on a big forward instead?
Say 1 Million+ a season for Jason Taumalolo?
I.e. don't have a 1 million dollar halfback stifled behind a non dominant pack. Have a Dominant pack with any kind of halfback we can get. Worked for Cronulla.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:12 am

TigerSJ wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:50 pm
IMO the 2 spots left need to be filled by:
1) a fast, hard running outside back and
2) a tough impact front rower who can break the line.
If we could somehow move on Rochow or McQueen the next choice should be a big mobile back rower.

I have been hoping patiently that we would hear some announcements like this for next season. Three quality signings of this type would really make a difference to us and round out our squad resulting in something pretty solid.
McQueen either has to improve out of site or be moved on. I think Rochow can still develop, he has a bundle of Energy but needs to get his accuracy up. Reminds me a lot of Bryce Gibbs (and probably more reliable then old drop ball).

Man as I am saying this I am thinking... trade trade trade.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:40 am

colmcd wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:06 am
TheDaBoss wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 9:01 am
Klemmer’s Knights deal imminent
David Klemmer’s reported move from the Bulldogs to the Knights is very close to being announced.
It is just a matter of when and it could be the next couple of days.
The reason for the delay in the Knights signing Klemmer is down to the Bulldogs’ desire to have a ready made replacement to
not anger their fans.
If Napa takes the Bulldogs’ deal then it is expected that Klemmer will join the Knights immediately.
Sharks eye Johnston to replace Holmes

The Roosters are resigned to losing their premiership prop Dylan Napa to the Bulldogs in time for the 2019 season.
Napa has been heavily linked to the Bulldogs as a replacement for David Klemmer, if as expected, he joins the Knights.
The 26-year-old Queensland prop is reportedly considering a three-year deal worth around $2 million with the Bulldogs.

The Roosters are not expected to stand in Napa’s way if he chooses to leave the club with a year remaining on his contract.
Napa has about a week to decide, but will be an immediate replacement once Klemmer goes, which will be a much needed
signing boost for the Bulldogs.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 0edaa7e98b
This is interesting. As Dylan plays a similar role to Klemmer, but Klemmer plays it marginally better and more consistently.
Which makes me wonder why the Knights did not pinch Napa direct? ... Ok maybe they were worried that they would have to add white to their red and blue Jerseys if they took another Easts player.

I was also thinking.... if we loose Brooks, what if we just go all out on a big forward instead?
Say 1 Million+ a season for Jason Taumalolo?
I.e. don't have a 1 million dollar halfback stifled behind a non dominant pack. Have a Dominant pack with any kind of halfback we can get. Worked for Cronulla.
Klemmer is streets ahead of Napa - he takes twice as many hit ups a game as him and every one of his hit ups is a solid carry. He made an average of over 180m per game last season with huge post contact metres. He may not break the line or offload as much as Taumalolo but he's the best go-forward prop in the game. He's a massive signing for Newcastle and will transform their pack. Napa would be at about the same level as the Gavet signing for them...

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:22 pm

Tigers need to stem the tide of loosing players on the cusp of or just as the get good.

Cont loose brooks and shouldn't allow Liddle to talk with another club until at least the end of 2020

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:42 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 10:43 am
innsaneink wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Zane, George Burgess, Dylan Walker and Cook! I'd be a very happy man if all of these rumours came true 😁
Which one Ink? I thought there was rumours surrounding all these guys possibly coming, or is it just hopeful forum talk :lol:
Just saying Musgrave is in a different class to the others

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 1:02 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 7:14 am
Balmainian wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 11:20 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 9:59 pm
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 7:51 pm

how quickly we forget that we have Thompson, our best player last year, he covers both FB and wing positions :sign:
Smith is a definite smokey for round one. He was chased hard by Madge when he was at Souths, but he chose us. A tall, fast, skillful fullback/wing. Exactly what our squad is missing. Unless we sign a star winger, Smith is our option.
I'm sure Madge realises our lack of pace and skill. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if at some point Smith gets a wing with Nof and Thompson fighting it out for the other. We need a change in game plan. Having players like Nof and Thompson as both starting wingers won't get us into the finals....
Thompson was a starting winger when dogs made the 2014 Gf.
Reynolds and Mbye were also starters.

And when they got to the Grand Final they just couldnt score any points.

30-6 to Souths.

Balmain Boy is right, we cant run out with this Cleary looking squad and expect we will suddenly score more points this season. We need a couple of changes. It might not be round 1 but guys like this Dylan Smith have an opportunity if they work hard enough.
“And when they got to the Grand Final”

Yeah that’d be terrible.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 1:32 pm

Apparently the eels only have 200k left in their cap.. Talk about mismanagement 😬.. Any players worth having a look at that are on their books..
No more plodders!
:sign:

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 1:38 pm

WT2K wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 1:32 pm
Apparently the eels only have 200k left in their cap.. Talk about mismanagement 😬.. Any players worth having a look at that are on their books..
Manu mau is being liked at by Madge. Be a good pick up. Other than that I wouldn't bother with any of their players.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 1:38 pm

WT2K wrote:
Their development player, a centre Ethan Parry. Big and Fast.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:24 pm

WT2K wrote:
Nathan Brown, Tepai Meroa, Peng Terepo.
The rest are very average.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:31 pm

Thats not entirely true from What I hear... Its an awfully convenient excuse

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:33 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 9:45 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 8:15 am
supercoach wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 10:53 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 9:54 pm
Less than a week ago Gus tweeted Merrin was staying. Is there a bigger liar in the game? He’s pathological.
Penrith were desperate for Merrin to go and when he back flipped on the Leeds deal, they had a cap problem. My guess Merrin has got a nice golden handshake from Gus on top of his juicy Leeds deal.

He probably has a big smile on his dail for the first time since Sally surfed off into the sunset
Spot on SC Penrith were going to be in big cap trouble if Merrin stayed.

Maybe Merrin played Gus the way Gus likes to play people.
When Merrin said he didn't want out, I'll bet Gus' sphincter tightened that hard it cut off circulation to his brain.
Only problem there’s not much Grey matter up there to damage.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:52 pm

it would be nice if fans of the other clubs attracted to this forum,
use National Rugby League forum (viewforum.php?f=7&sid=791f8bd4e47ddbfa3b6db6f67383cfba) to discuss their teams or players signed with other teams :bash

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:55 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:42 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 10:43 am
innsaneink wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Just saying Musgrave is in a different class to the others
Ah gotcha now! Yes he is, but he would still be a handy addition to our squad for depth.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:07 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 9:47 am
colmcd wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 9:12 am
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 7:14 am
Balmainian wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 11:20 pm

Thompson was a starting winger when dogs made the 2014 Gf.
Reynolds and Mbye were also starters.

And when they got to the Grand Final they just couldnt score any points.

30-6 to Souths.

Balmain Boy is right, we cant run out with this Cleary looking squad and expect we will suddenly score more points this season. We need a couple of changes. It might not be round 1 but guys like this Dylan Smith have an opportunity if they work hard enough.
Cmon, did you see that Souths squad. All the Burgess and still had Mcqueen (when he was good).

I believe the Bulldogs had Ennis out or similar.
Google the teams.

Dogs had a good pack and bench but no points.

Same kind of balance we ran out with last year. We need points to make the 8.

South Sydney
Rabbitohs Position Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Greg Inglis Fullback Sam Perrett
Alex Johnston Wing Corey Thompson
Dylan Walker Centre Josh Morris
Kirisome Auva'a Centre Tim Lafai
Lote Tuqiri Wing Mitch Brown
Luke Keary Five-eighth Josh Reynolds
Adam Reynolds Halfback Trent Hodkinson (c)
George Burgess Prop Aiden Tolman
Apisai Koroisau Hooker Moses Mbye
Dave Tyrrell Prop James Graham (c)
Ben Te'o 2nd Row Josh Jackson
John Sutton (c) 2nd Row Tony Williams
Sam Burgess Lock Greg Eastwood
Jason Clark Interchange Tim Browne
Kyle Turner Interchange Dale Finucane
Chris McQueen Interchange David Klemmer
Tom Burgess Interchange Frank Pritchard
Michael Maguire Coach Des Hasler

Yea, well the Rabbit's have the far better team. Look at that backline and it's incredible.

But I take your point. I did not realise both teams were missing hookers.
Yea the Dogs should have had enough to make it more of a contest. I do remember watching the match, thinking the dogs are trying and playing a little dirty but it was Souths day. Burgess played on with a fractured cheek.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:12 pm

TYGA wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:24 pm
WT2K wrote:
Nathan Brown, Tepai Meroa, Peng Terepo.
The rest are very average.
I'd add Gutho and Mau and that'd be it for me.
No more plodders!
:sign:

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:42 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:52 pm
it would be nice if fans of the other clubs attracted to this forum,
use National Rugby League forum (viewforum.php?f=7&sid=791f8bd4e47ddbfa3b6db6f67383cfba) to discuss their teams or players signed with other teams :bash
You are the ultimate censor, if you don’t like something on here don’t read the post.