Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

  •  Recent Topics
Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1511
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Seantice » Thu 24 May, 2018 9:28 am

It wont be french. His attitude wouldnt sit well with our coaches.


colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 903
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Thu 24 May, 2018 9:39 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 2:16 pm
I think Moses is stuck at Parra for a while
Not sure when his contract runs out
The only club with money who might be chasing a half could be Canberra

As for clubs not wanting to contribute money for a player leaving their club
How about this

Eg Moses Mbye on $900000 next year
We give the Bulldogs Tui for $600000 (value)
And pay $300000 towards Mbyes contract with us
Therefore Mbye will costs the Tigers around $650000 a year till his contract runs out with the dogs

On Paper the Bulldogs save $300000 a year get Tui and save face with their supporters

Works for me

Cant see any other way out for the Dogs
Yea, I can't see another way around this.

However Mbye is NOT worth 900K.

In fact looking at the stats. Mbye is not really an upgrade on Tui at all. You gain a fair bit of speed at the back but I don't think you gain anything defensively. Would almost rather Lachlan Coote on a cheap contract.

- attitude I would look at French. With Attitude I would look at Mbye. Neither is really convincing me that we should part with Tui, let alone pay extra for either.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3023
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 24 May, 2018 9:40 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 7:33 am
Nt tiger , you are correct , underperfomng now and at a club that's going backwards fast , like I said it would be his last chance and that will be the difference , on his day he is a very good player maybe Ivan gets that out of him , proof is Ivan has got a lot of our guys going well who were bog average last year
And that's the problem, his day is whenever he feels like putting in to gain himself attention. Remember; "This is my house"? Not a team player in my book.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8155
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Thu 24 May, 2018 10:19 am

colmcd wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 9:39 am
Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 2:16 pm
I think Moses is stuck at Parra for a while
Not sure when his contract runs out
The only club with money who might be chasing a half could be Canberra

As for clubs not wanting to contribute money for a player leaving their club
How about this

Eg Moses Mbye on $900000 next year
We give the Bulldogs Tui for $600000 (value)
And pay $300000 towards Mbyes contract with us
Therefore Mbye will costs the Tigers around $650000 a year till his contract runs out with the dogs

On Paper the Bulldogs save $300000 a year get Tui and save face with their supporters

Works for me

Cant see any other way out for the Dogs
Yea, I can't see another way around this.

However Mbye is NOT worth 900K.

In fact looking at the stats. Mbye is not really an upgrade on Tui at all. You gain a fair bit of speed at the back but I don't think you gain anything defensively. Would almost rather Lachlan Coote on a cheap contract.

- attitude I would look at French. With Attitude I would look at Mbye. Neither is really convincing me that we should part with Tui, let alone pay extra for either.
Defo not worth 900k

French has a bad
attitude. Was sooking hard the other day cos he couldn't play fullback. Made one run in the last ten mins. Shameful.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2635
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Thu 24 May, 2018 10:23 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 8:21 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 6:19 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 12:01 pm
The Sydney Morning Herald is reporting that French’s management have approached rival clubs about their needs for a fullback. Gold Coast, North Queensland and the Wests Tigersare all clubs who are thin in the defensive position and may be interested in his services.

French debuted for Parramatta in 2016 and has made 37 NRL appearances, scoring 31 tries.

The Eels began this season with premiership aspirations, but are currently dwindling at the bottom of the ladder, which has left the club needing to make key decisions on their list and a potential makeover in need.

Hayne and Norman have done little this season to warrant a contract extension, while Mitchell Moses would likely be granted a release if he desired so. Hayne has yet to repay the Eels for the $500,000 gamble they took on him.

We could get back Moses
How about that boys and girls
Parra have blown their budget on Kleenex.
They were close to securing a TPA with Kimberly Clarke but it fell through when they found out many Mitch used every game.
Mitch is just a Magnet for drama and to High maintenance
Now it's Parras turn to deal with the dramas

I think part of parras problem this year is that Moses is calling the shots on the field and i dont think he is the kind of player that can get or demand respect from his peers
Yea true - and Brad Arthur has come out this week saying he wants Moses to take more control of the team - can't wait for the blowup when someone dosn't follow his call or throws a loose pass he can't handle - train wreck waiting to happen.


User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Thu 24 May, 2018 10:52 am

Brian Kelly would be a good signing... To replace Kev in ISP. Fonua and Marsters stay in the centres.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5881
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 24 May, 2018 10:53 am

Mitch certainly has talent but not the leadership temperament.

Great leaders also inspire others to achievement

It looks like an all in play from the coach.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7077
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Thu 24 May, 2018 11:11 am

joelw2002 wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 10:52 am
Brian Kelly would be a good signing... To replace Kev in ISP. Fonua and Marsters stay in the centres.
Fonua has played one game for us. Yes he had a great game, but lets see how he stacks up against some of the better teams. Could be wrong but he think he will struggle against some of the quality back lines in the comp.
He is a very handy player, but if we are ever going to be a top four team we need more than handy players. Although I am not sure if Kelly is also in that handy category.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29317
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Thu 24 May, 2018 11:18 am

swag tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 9:11 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:55 am
If any backs from the Bulldogs, Parra ect, aren’t a first choice standout fullback..I don’t want them. We are fine for depth, just need a marquee at fullback.

As good as Thompson has gone we don’t have a marquee fullback and both Tui and Thompson have spent the off-season going head to head for that position, as we have more depth at 5/8.
Still unless we sign a top level fullback in the next month. Tui has done the training and in ISP its now or never for Tui at fullback
The fans can't do anythingto stop Ivan from signings players. So if it is a French or Moses we will have to trust Ivan in his planning.

Willie Mason says hello
Wayne Train 2019..

minigianthead
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu 24 May, 2018 11:19 am

Post by minigianthead » Thu 24 May, 2018 11:22 am

So far every player Ivan has brought to the club has done a great job so we just have to trust the process.

User avatar
Twmba Tigerman
Member
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat 06 Dec, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Twmba Tigerman » Thu 24 May, 2018 12:04 pm

All the chat about Moses and French. Leave them both where they are. In addition listened to Kelly Egan's chat on radio last night and he all but killed any interest in Barba if he were to return to Australia. Thank God for that. For what it's worth, give the mentioned three in this reply a big miss and if the money is right look at Mybe and another quality back rower to replace Sue and allow Josh A, McQueen and the new guy to fight it out for back rower positions. The squad is developing nicely.
"Bleeding Gold Black and White" to the end.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 24 May, 2018 1:03 pm

Wests Tigers twitter account liked this Bulldogs tweet. :lol:


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22404
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 24 May, 2018 1:15 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 9:11 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:55 am
If any backs from the Bulldogs, Parra ect, aren’t a first choice standout fullback..I don’t want them. We are fine for depth, just need a marquee at fullback.

As good as Thompson has gone we don’t have a marquee fullback and both Tui and Thompson have spent the off-season going head to head for that position, as we have more depth at 5/8.
Still unless we sign a top level fullback in the next month. Tui has done the training and in ISP its now or never for Tui at fullback
The fans can't do anythingto stop Ivan from signings players. So if it is a French or Moses we will have to trust Ivan in his planning.
Swag my friend, why would Cleary sign Moses back when, not only for the way Moses left the club, but also given how quickly Cleary took his contract off the table once he got the job. Its obvious Cleary doesn't rate him. Moses has burnt his bridges here, the same way Farah did.

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3956
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 24 May, 2018 1:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 1:15 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 9:11 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:55 am
If any backs from the Bulldogs, Parra ect, aren’t a first choice standout fullback..I don’t want them. We are fine for depth, just need a marquee at fullback.

As good as Thompson has gone we don’t have a marquee fullback and both Tui and Thompson have spent the off-season going head to head for that position, as we have more depth at 5/8.
Still unless we sign a top level fullback in the next month. Tui has done the training and in ISP its now or never for Tui at fullback
The fans can't do anythingto stop Ivan from signings players. So if it is a French or Moses we will have to trust Ivan in his planning.
Swag my friend, why would Cleary sign Moses back when, not only for the way Moses left the club, but also given how quickly Cleary took his contract off the table once he got the job. Its obvious Cleary doesn't rate him. Moses has burnt his bridges here, the same way Farah did.
the odds of Moses coming back would be about a million to one.
that would be one way to single handedly ruin the culture that has developed.
However I do take your point (re; Ivan ) Swaggy.
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Thu 24 May, 2018 1:23 pm

I’m just gonna say I know it’s an unlikely situation.....

But if Hayne is being shopped around for 500k you’d be silly if you were Ivan to at least not look into him a bit..... maybe just a meeting and see how he is and if he lacks that motivation or drive leave it as it is

Ivan seems a good judge of character

Hayne at parramatta hasn’t been that bad he’s just been injured, his form was decent

He’s a SOO representative and he only just turned 30

I’m not saying we should sign him, but I’d be disappointed if he was shopped around for 500k and we didn’t at least look at it

As much as I don’t like Hayne you can’t deny his talent

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22404
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 24 May, 2018 1:25 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 1:23 pm
I’m just gonna say I know it’s an unlikely situation.....

But if Hayne
Just stop right there.

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2502
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Thu 24 May, 2018 1:32 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 1:15 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 9:11 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:55 am
If any backs from the Bulldogs, Parra ect, aren’t a first choice standout fullback..I don’t want them. We are fine for depth, just need a marquee at fullback.

As good as Thompson has gone we don’t have a marquee fullback and both Tui and Thompson have spent the off-season going head to head for that position, as we have more depth at 5/8.
Still unless we sign a top level fullback in the next month. Tui has done the training and in ISP its now or never for Tui at fullback
The fans can't do anythingto stop Ivan from signings players. So if it is a French or Moses we will have to trust Ivan in his planning.
Swag my friend, why would Cleary sign Moses back when, not only for the way Moses left the club, but also given how quickly Cleary took his contract off the table once he got the job. Its obvious Cleary doesn't rate him. Moses has burnt his bridges here, the same way Farah did.
Bulldogs Moses.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2502
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Thu 24 May, 2018 1:33 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 1:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 1:15 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 9:11 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:55 am
If any backs from the Bulldogs, Parra ect, aren’t a first choice standout fullback..I don’t want them. We are fine for depth, just need a marquee at fullback.

As good as Thompson has gone we don’t have a marquee fullback and both Tui and Thompson have spent the off-season going head to head for that position, as we have more depth at 5/8.
Still unless we sign a top level fullback in the next month. Tui has done the training and in ISP its now or never for Tui at fullback
The fans can't do anythingto stop Ivan from signings players. So if it is a French or Moses we will have to trust Ivan in his planning.
Swag my friend, why would Cleary sign Moses back when, not only for the way Moses left the club, but also given how quickly Cleary took his contract off the table once he got the job. Its obvious Cleary doesn't rate him. Moses has burnt his bridges here, the same way Farah did.
the odds of Moses coming back would be about a million to one.
that would be one way to single handedly ruin the culture that has developed.
However I do take your point (re; Ivan ) Swaggy.
I meant Bulldogs Moses.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Post Reply