Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by hobbo » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:47 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:45 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:39 pm
TYGA wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:31 pm
Just saw a Marty Taupau interview he is ropeable Eagles are shopping him without advising. Tigers need to go hard for Marty strike now. He would take the pressure off the entire forward pack.
Would be great, but do you think he would want to come back here?
Didn’t he leave cause he was pissed off with the way Farah was ousted ??
I think so, that and a better offer. Now Farah is back, who knows Marty may want to return too.
We need mongrel !
No more plodders .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:52 pm

I would take Taupau back. On his day he is as good as anyone in the NRL. On an off day he still puts up huge numbers and is am immense presence. It's so dumb that we ever let him go.

User avatar
palms
Member
Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 2:09 pm
Location: Mooloolaba, QLD

Post by palms » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:53 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:47 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:45 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:39 pm


Would be great, but do you think he would want to come back here?
Didn’t he leave cause he was pissed off with the way Farah was ousted ??
I think so, that and a better offer. Now Farah is back, who knows Marty may want to return too.
We need mongrel !
No more plodders .
BBF should start a rally at Concord with this as the chant.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 11:04 pm

palms wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:53 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:47 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:45 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm


Didn’t he leave cause he was pissed off with the way Farah was ousted ??
I think so, that and a better offer. Now Farah is back, who knows Marty may want to return too.
We need mongrel !
No more plodders .
BBF should start a rally at Concord with this as the chant.
I’d go with him for sure :lol:
Can we burn tyres?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 11:22 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:47 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:45 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:39 pm


Would be great, but do you think he would want to come back here?
Didn’t he leave cause he was pissed off with the way Farah was ousted ??
I think so, that and a better offer. Now Farah is back, who knows Marty may want to return too.
We need mongrel !
No more plodders .
I’m sure Marty left us because he refused to take orders from a needle pecker (Jason Taylor) .. he moved to Manly so he could kick sand in Taylor’s face should he turn up at Manly beach.


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2754
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:00 am

hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:32 pm
TYGA wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:28 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 6:23 pm
TYGA wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 6:12 pm
I’m hearing Brett Morris to Dragons, Feki to Manly, Kelly to Tigers Isaako to Roosters.
Sharks' forum are convinced Josh Morris is their target.
J Morris already signed earlier today with the Sharks. Brother will be at Dragons to replace Nightingale.
Where’s nightingale going ?
The knackery.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3356
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:02 am

Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:47 pm
Why can’t we have an awesome team like the Roosters, Storm, Brisbane etc?

Just really over always having a plodder team and feeling lucky if we win.
We cant have teams like they do because we dont have a "creative" accounting system and access to unlimited paper bags.
As far as i am concerned any premiership they win will always have a ** next to it.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1918
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:29 am

MacDougall wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:52 pm
I would take Taupau back. On his day he is as good as anyone in the NRL. On an off day he still puts up huge numbers and is am immense presence. It's so dumb that we ever let him go.
Agreed. I never understood why we let him go early when we had him contracted on a relatively affordable deal. Another classic Taylor move
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 7:12 am

jadtiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:02 am
Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:47 pm
Why can’t we have an awesome team like the Roosters, Storm, Brisbane etc?

Just really over always having a plodder team and feeling lucky if we win.
We cant have teams like they do because we dont have a "creative" accounting system and access to unlimited paper bags.
As far as i am concerned any premiership they win will always have a ** next to it.
We’ve solved that issue, by stocking up on re-usable plastic bags while Woolies we’re giving them away- now that’s creative accounting. We can also do the “drop offs’ on rainy days.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5068
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:19 am

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:43 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:23 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 7:22 pm
Lolohea was contracted for next year and we are trying to offload him to free up money and upgrade a position we need filled

There will be other clubs like Newcastle now trying to do the same thing by offloading players still contracted
Some clubs will have a surplus of players in key positions and a lack in others and this is where we may strike it lucky
We WILL land some very good players if Ivan is patient
I think Ivan knows what he needs to do.
You’d hope so seeing that stage 1 of the rebuild has been a flop .

Stage 2 .....waiting....

Hardly a flop.
X2

akpinareren1
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by akpinareren1 » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:01 am

I think we should have a melbourne storm approach to signing players. Would storm ever consider morris brothers? NO. Would storm consider oates or marty? YES. I just always tend to think no matter the circumstance would clubs like storm and brisbane be interested in the player.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5068
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:04 am

akpinareren1 wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:01 am
I think we should have a melbourne storm approach to signing players. Would storm ever consider morris brothers? NO. Would storm consider oates or marty? YES. I just always tend to think no matter the circumstance would clubs like storm and brisbane be interested in the player.
Trouble is we are not the Storm or the Donkeys and don't rort the system like they do.

weststigerman
Member
Member
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by weststigerman » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:16 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:19 am
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:43 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:23 pm


I think Ivan knows what he needs to do.
You’d hope so seeing that stage 1 of the rebuild has been a flop .

Stage 2 .....waiting....

Hardly a flop.
X2
X3.

Wooden spoon favourites running 10th. I'd say we're performing above expectations.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7079
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:17 am

gallagher wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
The lurker or the mole or some other guy reckons the knights want to get rid of Watson. Weren't we after him last year?
Like Watson, he is fast and very competitive, but we have a 1 6 and 7, be a excellent no14, although I think we need to throw all our money at some real quality big men! Both forwards and backs

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5132
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:39 am

supercoach wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:17 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
The lurker or the mole or some other guy reckons the knights want to get rid of Watson. Weren't we after him last year?
Like Watson, he is fast and very competitive, but we have a 1 6 and 7, be a excellent no14, although I think we need to throw all our money at some real quality big men! Both forwards and backs
Take Watson ifNewcastle was paying 50% freight

Elderslie Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:40 am

Connor Watson isn't the answer to our problems we need strong running forwards and fast backs the Broncos have an abundance of talent after watching their game on the weekend could probably pay overs for them and still get them at a good price

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8159
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:00 am

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:40 am
Connor Watson isn't the answer to our problems we need strong running forwards and fast backs the Broncos have an abundance of talent after watching their game on the weekend could probably pay overs for them and still get them at a good price
Easier said than done.
In Ivan we trust.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

akpinareren1
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by akpinareren1 » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:18 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:04 am
akpinareren1 wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:01 am
I think we should have a melbourne storm approach to signing players. Would storm ever consider morris brothers? NO. Would storm consider oates or marty? YES. I just always tend to think no matter the circumstance would clubs like storm and brisbane be interested in the player.
Trouble is we are not the Storm or the Donkeys and don't rort the system like they do.
You missed my point. It’s not about rorting the system. It’s about targeting players that have room to grow and will do their job. I think that is the main difference between storm and every other club. They continualy focus on growth, target players that will grow and then they shape them accordingly. Look at kasiano vs mautilino....

Post Reply