Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Russell

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Russell » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:36 am

Newtown wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:18 am
jirskyr wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:01 am
Newtown wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 8:44 pm
Were up to 917 pages of signing rumours and suggestions. With due respect I am now really starting to think that most are dreaming. Based on what the team has been dishing up lately Wests tigers will be lucky to sign the local postman to play for them.
Well the postie any good?
Only if he can run 100 metres in 11 seconds.
He can if he can use his bike!!! :lol:

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:40 am

Our needs are the same as they were 12 months ago...
We still need a quality hooker that can play 80 mins..thats what Liddle was supposed to be.Farah/Liddle is an expensive compromise both financially plus wasting a bench spot.IMO Segyaro preferable to both
We still need a big hard running back rower..thats what McQueen was bought for
We still need a quality 6 who can steer us around(its beyond Brooks),,Reynolds hopefully is the answer and can stay on the park.Id have rainwater as my backup(impeoved immensely in past year)
We still need a quality centre..that's what Suli was supposed to become(Kelly?)
..and we still need a quality winger..thats what Milne was bought for.
So nothing much has changed other than a questionmark over our signings

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:44 am

clontarfkid wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:40 am
We still need a quality hooker that can play 80 mins..thats what Liddle was supposed to be.Farah/Liddle is an expensive compromise both financially plus wasting a bench spot.IMO Segyaro preferable to both
We still need a quality 6 who can steer us around(its beyond Brooks),,Reynolds hopefully is the answer and can stay on the park.Id have rainwater as my backup(impeoved immensely in past year)
Let's wait and see who we already have and who will be recruited before we slash our wrists.

All will be revealed in due course.

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:46 am

clontarfkid wrote:
3. Kelly

7. Cleary

9. Lichaa

11. Harawera-Naira
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 11:18 am

Demps wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:46 am
clontarfkid wrote:
3. Kelly

7. Cleary

9. Lichaa

11. Harawera-Naira
3. Kelly - Unlikley

7. Cleary - Even more unlikly

9. Lichaa - Nightmare

11. Harawera-Naira - Tell Demps hes Dreaming...

All hinges around whether the player market believeds Coach Cleary is gonna stay for next year and beyond,

Looking at him on the TV yesterday - I got the impression he was thinking " What am I doing here"

Post by 851 » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:02 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:44 am
clontarfkid wrote:
Let's wait and see who we already have and who will be recruited before we slash our wrists.

All will be revealed in due course.
Exactly Russell, we all might be pleasantly surprised when all is revealed after the season is done
Go hard or go home

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:23 pm

I don't see the sense in offering Benji and Robbie another year. Robbie was great and helped us out of a tight spot, but it only worked as a temporary move. If we have them both next year, playing regularly in first grade, then I can't see us making the finals then either. Not blaming them, they are WT royalty, I just think they're past it.

I don't understand why Cleary thinks it is a good plan for next year. What does he see that I don't?
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:27 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:23 pm
I don't see the sense in offering Benji and Robbie another year. Robbie was great and helped us out of a tight spot, but it only worked as a temporary move. If we have them both next year, playing regularly in first grade, then I can't see us making the finals then either. Not blaming them, they are WT royalty, I just think they're past it.

I don't understand why Cleary thinks it is a good plan for next year. What does he see that I don't?
2 points for Penrith when they play us!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:36 pm

I’m hearing Benji and Robbie will retire but don’t want to distract from our finals chances. If The Warriors and Broncos win I can see it announced next week for a final round send off.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:51 pm

TYGA wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:36 pm
I’m hearing Benji and Robbie will retire but don’t want to distract from our finals chances. If The Warriors and Broncos win I can see it announced next week for a final round send off.
Hope that you are correct and congratulations to both if indeed the case.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 1:31 pm

TYGA wrote:
If that's the case, congrats to both on their playing careers. forever thankful for the 2005 premiership.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 1:58 pm

If Benji and Robbie both wanted to play on why wouldn't they have already accepted their contracts? I think Ivan may have said he's happy for them to stay, but they'd both be likely to be playing ISP at least some of the season. Even though they could play a role as experienced backups I think they'd both prefer to go out as first team players and not stay on one year too many.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:16 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 1:58 pm
If Benji and Robbie both wanted to play on why wouldn't they have already accepted their contracts? I think Ivan may have said he's happy for them to stay, but they'd both be likely to be playing ISP at least some of the season. Even though they could play a role as experienced backups I think they'd both prefer to go out as first team players and not stay on one year too many.
I believe Benji will pull the pin, but Farah will stay one more season. Anyhow, if either of them did stay they wouldn't play much ISP in my view, they would probably be listed as NRL reserves when not picked in the 17, and would be rested so that they could stay injury free. Farah seems a little more durable than Benji however.

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:32 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 11:18 am
Demps wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:
3. Kelly

7. Cleary

9. Lichaa

11. Harawera-Naira
3. Kelly - Unlikley

9. Lichaa - Nightmare

All hinges around whether the player market believeds Coach Cleary is gonna stay for next year and beyond,

Looking at him on the TV yesterday - I got the impression he was thinking " What am I doing here"
Please no to Lichaa. He is not the standard we want for our club. If we signed him, we would be going down the same path of average recruiting that we seen so commonly in the past.

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:58 pm

TYGA wrote:
Souths owe us a send off (what we did for our home game with Sutton)
Plus Farah was on of theirs.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 3:17 pm

Looks like we'll be recruiting another nine if Robbie does hang up the boots. Can't be going into a new season with just Liddle. Who the other nine will be I've got no idea..
No more plodders!
:sign:

kafta

Post by kafta » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 3:24 pm

Tcat wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:32 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
Demps wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:
3. Kelly

7. Cleary

9. Lichaa

11. Harawera-Naira
3. Kelly - Unlikley

9. Lichaa - Nightmare

Please no to Lichaa. He is not the standard we want for our club. If we signed him, we would be going down the same path of average recruiting that we seen so commonly in the past.
Demps will sign any LEB available, the more falafel's hanging in the change room the better :lol:

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 3:54 pm

kafta wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 3:24 pm
Tcat wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:32 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
Demps wrote:

3. Kelly

7. Cleary

9. Lichaa

11. Harawera-Naira
3. Kelly - Unlikley

9. Lichaa - Nightmare

Demps will sign any LEB available, the more falafel's hanging in the change room the better :lol:
Could do a lot worse my brother.
Lichaa > Liddle.
Value for money wise.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.