Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

TIGERPOWER

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:06 am

Yes great signing, I’ve always rated him and he will definitely bolster our pack. Hilarious some experts on here had to google him to find out who he was lol. My 11 year old got excited when I told him.

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:08 am

momo&medo wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 6:57 am
Roar Power wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 6:41 am
Given the quality of the player, in this day and age I find a '2 year' contract a bit strange.

Maybe the tigers are concerned about his concussions or he wants to know who our coach is post 2020. I just thought we would seeking a 3+ commitment from someone like Matterson...

Either way, very happy with this signing. Astute.
In this case 2 year signing is a safe bet for both parties.
He would not hVe cost us overs ..... so all good.

Man if we can get Klemmer our forwards might actually start scaring some teams for the first time in a VERY long while.

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:12 am

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:08 am
momo&medo wrote:
Roar Power wrote:
Given the quality of the player, in this day and age I find a '2 year' contract a bit strange.

Maybe the tigers are concerned about his concussions or he wants to know who our coach is post 2020. I just thought we would seeking a 3+ commitment from someone like Matterson...

Man if we can get Klemmer our forwards might actually start scaring some teams for the first time in a VERY long while.
LOL... We ain't getting Klem.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

The Bard

Post by The Bard » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:13 am

I like the look of that right edge, Matterson adds a bit of skill to compliment the power of Marsters and Nofoaluma - it looks nicely balanced.
“...when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:15 am

momo&medo wrote:
Roar Power wrote:

I actually like the idea of a 2 year contract for a player like Matterson. It prevents us from being stuck with a dud if he doesn't kick on and keeps the pl player on his toes should he want an extension. If we as a club do the right thing by him and provide a solid culture, he will hopefully want to play on with us.

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:15 am

The Bard wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:13 am
I like the look of that right edge, Matterson adds a bit of skill to compliment the power of Marsters and Nofoaluma - it looks nicely balanced.
Very good point.That would be one of the better right edge combos in the comp.Try scoring was a real problem for us this year.With matterson there our problems would ease a great deal.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:49 am

Good news if true.

Now onto Marty & the Peach.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:09 am

Good signing and good period as well. He'll walk straight into our starting side so for he may have been willing to take what was on offer for the opportunity to feature more regularly.

2 years seems to be the right amount of time to bring in players from other clubs on. Long term "marquee" signings have crippled us in the past by way of players being a terrible fit for our club, or simply just unlucky with injuries.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:17 am

Good addition , Peachy and a big front Row player and we are done

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:43 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:52 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:14 pm
I saw on twitter a story that TPJ was happy to take "less" to stay with Broncos. And by "less", I mean less under the cap but I'm sure he'd be looked after in true Broncos style, And something about him having a go at Sticky Stuart saying he would never make Firsts.

Edwards, Matherson would be nice. But I'm betting we land a Merrin or a Tamou. That's more IC's style.
I wouldn't say no to either Tamou or Merrin - experienced, rep quality players as opposed to Matterson who hasn't really been all that impressive, imo.
I know which of the three I would take and looks like we have.

The other two are has beens - no impact, non hard working light of other days.

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:53 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:43 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:
I saw on twitter a story that TPJ was happy to take "less" to stay with Broncos. And by "less", I mean less under the cap but I'm sure he'd be looked after in true Broncos style, And something about him having a go at Sticky Stuart saying he would never make Firsts.

Edwards, Matherson would be nice. But I'm betting we land a Merrin or a Tamou. That's more IC's style.
I wouldn't say no to either Tamou or Merrin - experienced, rep quality players as opposed to Matterson who hasn't really been all that impressive, imo.

#Facts
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:58 am

Demps wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:53 am
Russell wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:43 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:

#Facts
The facts are - "you only have to watch them".

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 9:01 am

I have never rated Tamou at all and Merrin is not what we need.Hope we dont get either

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 9:12 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:06 am
Yes great signing, I’ve always rated him and he will definitely bolster our pack. Hilarious some experts on here had to google him to find out who he was lol. My 11 year old got excited when I told him.
Hah!
The hypocrisy.... you'll probably miss it.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 9:25 am

would be happy with any 3 of these 4, for the forwards,

matterson
edwards
merrin
latu

for the backs we need 2 centers, but there is not much around, so here goes,

joel moon
peachey
dennis from the knights

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 9:35 am

Oh why aren't there more signings, 2-3 Mbye-type signings per year? The offseason is almost a week old and I haven't heard anything about signings, why can't we have more signings, I mean Dogs signed CHN and they are under cap pressure, Tigers aren't being linked to anyone, I'm so depressed with these lack of signings.

Oh... Tigers reportedly signed Matterson this week... good signing!

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 9:58 am

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 9:01 am
I have never rated Tamou at all and Merrin is not what we need.Hope we dont get either
Tamou and Merrin were both genuine SOO players 3 or 4 years ago...but now both past their used by date.Just coasting,poor hands,lazy.No thanks.CNH was the one we needed...

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 10:29 am

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 9:35 am
Oh why aren't there more signings, 2-3 Mbye-type signings per year? The offseason is almost a week old and I haven't heard anything about signings, why can't we have more signings, I mean Dogs signed CHN and they are under cap pressure, Tigers aren't being linked to anyone, I'm so depressed with these lack of signings.

Oh... Tigers reportedly signed Matterson this week... good signing!
Everyone should just calm down shouldn't they. Let's wait and see who we put on the park next year.