Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5953
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Spartan117 » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:34 pm

[quote="happy tiger" post_id=993028

I hope they name the COE after one of our plodders

The Shirnack Centre of Excellence
[/quote]

Thats gold.


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41137
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:46 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:46 pm
Dwyer and J Schirnack bash brothers... miss em .

Learn how to spell ...happy surprised you could get that right...
But you miss the point Geo , we spell it wrong ...........just goes with the whole vibe of the club

Bonnie Doon is now part of training regime

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2852
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 1:51 am

NRL.com saying that Corey Oats is on track to re-sign with the Broncos.
So we can strike that one off the list that Bennett is bringing next year IF he signs for ‘19.

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2602
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:40 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 1:51 am
NRL.com saying that Corey Oats is on track to re-sign with the Broncos.
So we can strike that one off the list that Bennett is bringing next year IF he signs for ‘19.
Only for a 1 year deal.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:08 am

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:40 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 1:51 am
NRL.com saying that Corey Oats is on track to re-sign with the Broncos.
So we can strike that one off the list that Bennett is bringing next year IF he signs for ‘19.
Only for a 1 year deal.
Key word "on track", if we jump in we might have a small chance of signing him :|
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29616
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:50 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:46 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:46 pm
Dwyer and J Schirnack bash brothers... miss em .

Learn how to spell ...happy surprised you could get that right...
But you miss the point Geo , we spell it wrong ...........just goes with the whole vibe of the club

Bonnie Doon is now part of training regime
I don't lick toads so I can spell ..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2273
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 6:31 am

Nelson wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:36 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 3:52 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 2:53 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:26 am


Fine by me Darius would be our best Centre too ...
Our best fullback as well Geo , far more creative than Mbye , obviously does not have his speed
Where covered with Mbye , Thompson and young Smith at fullback centres not so much....

But we don't need Origin class players so forget it...plus he falls in the tool category... :roll:
It's a bit like the Matterson situation following the signing of Crichton at the Roosters. The Raiders have signed John Bateman from the UK and while he can play 2nd row and centre I'd imagine they're pretty happy with Tapine and Whitehead in their 2nd row with Papalii at lock. Croker is their captain and goal kicker so I can't see him going anywhere. Leilua is the odd man out if they're looking to play Bateman at centre, or alternatively they could offload Rapana and shift Leilua to the wing.

Is Bateman a better player than Leilua or Rapana? No, but he would free up plenty of salary cap space for the Raiders vs having Leilua or Rapana on the books. It would be worth asking the Raiders about the availability of Leilua or Rapana. I'd happily take either.

I don't imagine Bateman was signed as a reggies player. He's looked pretty good in the centres when playing for England - certainly held his own.

Thats a well thought out argument.

Hopefully the new coach follows this line of thinking.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:20 am

Pretty sure that since this Bateman from the UK can play both in backrow and out in the backs, he has been signed as their 14th man, super-sub.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41137
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:39 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:50 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:46 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:46 pm
Dwyer and J Schirnack bash brothers... miss em .

Learn how to spell ...happy surprised you could get that right...
But you miss the point Geo , we spell it wrong ...........just goes with the whole vibe of the club

Bonnie Doon is now part of training regime
I don't lick toads so I can spell ..
I believe you have taken to kissing spitting cobras

User avatar
Don Kershane
Member
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by Don Kershane » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm

SMH Tonight


The Eels are attempting to offload several big-name players including Corey Norman, Mitchell Moses, Bevan French, Brad Takairangi and Michael Jennings. Jennings has been offered up to Newcastle, one of the few clubs that still have money remaining under the salary cap.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18115
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:05 pm

Hasn't French signed with the Mutts?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:07 pm

Don Kershane wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm
SMH Tonight


The Eels are attempting to offload several big-name players including Corey Norman, Mitchell Moses, Bevan French, Brad Takairangi and Michael Jennings. Jennings has been offered up to Newcastle, one of the few clubs that still have money remaining under the salary cap.
Who would you take mate.

User avatar
Don Kershane
Member
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by Don Kershane » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:12 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:07 pm
Don Kershane wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm
SMH Tonight


The Eels are attempting to offload several big-name players including Corey Norman, Mitchell Moses, Bevan French, Brad Takairangi and Michael Jennings. Jennings has been offered up to Newcastle, one of the few clubs that still have money remaining under the salary cap.
Who would you take mate.
None of the above. Either too small or over the hill

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4088
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:22 pm

Brent Read when asked about McQueen on Twitter..
He’s digging in his heels at Tigers. Ivan going will help but future likely to be contingent on replacement
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3740
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:25 pm

WT2K wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:22 pm
Brent Read when asked about McQueen on Twitter..
He’s digging in his heels at Tigers. Ivan going will help but future likely to be contingent on replacement
Help what? Him leaving or his ongoing delusions that he is up to first grade. Maybe Hasler will take him or Bennett

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 2082
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:14 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:46 pm
Dwyer and J Schirnack bash brothers... miss em .
RF and Associates, specialists for WT destruction :bash

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:40 am

Show Ponies are saying they are about to sign Corey Oates for next season .. that cancels the hope of him coming to us .. should Bennett arrive for the 2019 season. TPJ still hasn't agreed to sign on with the Ponies as yet.

iofthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri 21 Oct, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by iofthetigers » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:54 am

TigerSkins wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:40 am
Show Ponies are saying they are about to sign Corey Oates for next season .. that cancels the hope of him coming to us .. should Bennett arrive for the 2019 season. TPJ still hasn't agreed to sign on with the Ponies as yet.
The Tigers were never in discussions with him, so he was never coming, as for TPJ he has rejected their 3 year offer but looks like he is going to sign for a year with a second year option in his favour. As for other Broncos back rowers the Dragons have signed Eddie Blacker (played for Norths) who is extremely talented.

Post Reply