This forum has issues

GNR4LIFE

Re: This forum has issues

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 04 May, 2018 10:51 pm

hodgo wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 10:50 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 10:48 pm
Don’t see the appeal in discussing rumours that have no credibility. What a waste of time. Plus, it makes the forum look like Woman’s Day.
Then dont participate
I don’t.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 04 May, 2018 11:01 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 8:23 pm
For all the people complaining about this place or the members here... Its pretty simple, if you don't like it - no one's forcing you to stay
Yep. Plenty of other forums out there that allow a free for all.

The guys here do a great job in keeping this forum a place that all Tigers fans can visit.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 05 May, 2018 8:13 am

I have said it before,this is a great forum,a community of rugby league enthusiasts and WTs supporters...I have met a few at our get togethers and they are passionate salt of the earth people,others I only know through the internet...I can only assume that if a rumour,whisper or info has been placed on the forum and people start doubting or become negative,it is through disappointment that the particular rumour hasn't eventuated is where the nastiness stems from...

I have read many threads that were rumours with interest,some I hoped would eventuate,some I hoped wouldn't...but because I personally didn't know the person posting I was in no position to critise him or her for that information...

personally I appreciate any info that is shared with us,it makes for interesting discussions and debates...I like arguing with GCT,Happy,Hobbo and many others in a friendly type banter,it relieves the pressure of day to day stresses such as work and family,and yet I have never met these people personally but appreciate the many conversations we have had...

The only advise I can give is ....if you don't like the "rumour" don't retaliate with nastiness,just have your opinion in a civil manner or don't reply at all....

As far as the moderators go...they do an excellent job with keeping this site clean and tidy...I myself have had the odd run in with Willow and Geo,but I probably deserved their reprimand,it would be an ordinary place to visit if they weren't around...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 05 May, 2018 8:38 am

I think the "Singings and Rumours" thread has worked really well this year. The 600 plus pages is testament to that. The title says it all. So for those that don't like reading rumours, they know this thread isn't for them.

Even this thread is in the "Player Contract Rumours and Discussion" section.
Last edited by Tigerdon on Sat 05 May, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
in Ivan we distrust

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sat 05 May, 2018 8:44 am

Clearly over the years we have had a number of posters who have posted player movements and they had inside information...it’s a real shame that we ha e driven them away from this forum by personally attacking their posts to the point they have had enough ridicule and leave....

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 05 May, 2018 8:53 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sat 05 May, 2018 8:13 am
I have said it before,this is a great forum,a community of rugby league enthusiasts and WTs supporters...I have met a few at our get togethers and they are passionate salt of the earth people,others I only know through the internet...I can only assume that if a rumour,whisper or info has been placed on the forum and people start doubting or become negative,it is through disappointment that the particular rumour hasn't eventuated is where the nastiness stems from...

I have read many threads that were rumours with interest,some I hoped would eventuate,some I hoped wouldn't...but because I personally didn't know the person posting I was in no position to critise him or her for that information...

personally I appreciate any info that is shared with us,it makes for interesting discussions and debates...I like arguing with GCT,Happy,Hobbo and many others in a friendly type banter,it relieves the pressure of day to day stresses such as work and family,and yet I have never met these people personally but appreciate the many conversations we have had...

The only advise I can give is ....if you don't like the "rumour" don't retaliate with nastiness,just have your opinion in a civil manner or don't reply at all....

As far as the moderators go...they do an excellent job with keeping this site clean and tidy...I myself have had the odd run in with Willow and Geo,but I probably deserved their reprimand,it would be an ordinary place to visit if they weren't around...
Great post! 👍

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 05 May, 2018 9:27 am

Nothing but positives- most conversations/debates are civil and most topics very interesting. I hate the vulgarity of other sites so thank you mods for maintaining the integrity on our site.

As far as rumours etc - yeah I have a go at one poster - definitely not because a rumour may or may not eventuate but I feel this person is more interested in showing the world he is in the know. Maybe I’m taking it all a bit too seriously. Happy to lay off.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 05 May, 2018 10:06 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sat 05 May, 2018 8:13 am

Agree TT - well said (rumour by definition is not a fact) so if it doesn't eventuate nothing lost.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 05 May, 2018 4:02 pm

Been on this forum for 7 years or so.
Remember when I signed up I was welcomed with open arms.
Had some beef along the way and never felt unwelcome or out of place.

Big shout out to Spartan, Kul... Insane ink who always didn't mind disagreeing with me. BenjiMagic (RIP) and my favourite poster Milky.... Legends.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 05 May, 2018 5:14 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 8:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 8:32 pm
We all have our moments of frustration on here from time to time

Like life , sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad and deal with it how you wish
Good to see you back on the blue pills..
Blue Pills ....are you colour blind ??

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Tue 08 May, 2018 12:18 am

fibrodreaming wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 4:54 pm
AnonTiger wrote:
Fri 21 Apr, 2017 8:47 am
I posted on 6 April 2017, that Woods, Teddy and Foran had signed with the Bulldogs. I'll stick to Teddy did sign with the Dogs however asked for an extended COP and back flipped to the rooters (Which is now being reported). I was slammed for providing this information and the thread was locked.

Considering everyone on this forum is here to seek early/inside information regarding the club, I think a lot of people need to rethink their comments and stop shooting people down. Just because you don't like the information provided doesn't mean it's not true.

Anyway I'll be very reluctant to post again as I don't need to be ridiculed for proving good mail.
For every colleague that put the boots into you about your "scoop", there were probably dozens more like me who appreciated your input. Don't let them deter you from making more contributions. I, and lots of others, appreciate the information.
People that read something, no matter what it is and don’t actually know themselves whether it be true or false but pass judgement or provide belittling comments are more often than not just speaking to be heard, Taking a dig at someone’s post about information that was proven to be correct only shows us what type of person you really are so think about your next post you lot.

Keep posting Anon.
And Go The Tigers!!!!

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Wed 09 May, 2018 10:30 pm

#bants
Let's make the Tigers great again!