Re: WT Player Retention/Recruitment/Loss List

Post by Geo. » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 7:09 am

Snake wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 6:49 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 6:19 am
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:32 pm
Of the off contract players I would keep. Sue and MWZ as depth players - they are both reasonable back up.

Does any one have any idea why Felise hasn’t got a run? I like him but the coaching staff obviously don’t. Has he even been in the named 21 this year?

I’d also keep the development players.

That would leave us with 7 spots on the roster to fill which is a good number to get a mix of quality 1st graders and back up players.
Felise has regressed.
Has an OK performance from time to time but far from first grade standard.

Same as Gamble.
I give Gamble a pass this season as it is his first , but if he does not progress next season ok see ya ...he has shown a fair bit of talent and has a bag full of skills.Was playing well until the half left which left a huge hole.
Hasn't Gamble had 3 full seasons of QLD Cup before joining Wests Tlgers..?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 7:36 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 7:09 am
Snake wrote:
Demps wrote:
Of the off contract players I would keep. Sue and MWZ as depth players - they are both reasonable back up.

Does any one have any idea why Felise hasn’t got a run? I like him but the coaching staff obviously don’t. Has he even been in the named 21 this year?

That would leave us with 7 spots on the roster to fill which is a good number to get a mix of quality 1st graders and back up players.
Felise has regressed.

Same as Gamble.
I give Gamble a pass this season as it is his first , but if he does not progress next season ok see ya ...he has shown a fair bit of talent and has a bag full of skills.Was playing well until the half left which left a huge hole.
Hasn't Gamble had 3 full seasons of QLD Cup before joining Wests Tlgers..?
Only 1, debuted in Rd 4 last year,

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 7:46 am

Snake wrote:
Demps wrote:

Felise has regressed.

Same as Gamble.
He can join the Gods of state cup and never see first grade.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 8:20 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 11:19 pm
Would prefer Luke over Lichaa
Has more mongrel in him
Probably faster on his feet
More experienced player
Has the Kiwi connection with a number of our players
Can sign a short term contract while liddle has more time to develop

8 Packer / Alaioi
9 Luke
10 Matalino / Sue
11 Taupau :pray:
12 Masters
13 Taylor

That's a full Kiwi pack
We also have a Kiwi coaching
And a number of Kiwi and Tongan backs
I see what you are doing there - your hoping with all the Kiwis that the NRL think we are the Warriors and put us on fourth spot with 20 points.

By the way Sue is Samoan.

ALX22

Post by ALX22 » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 6:28 pm

Heath Gibbs back to the Newcastle Knights.

Aceshigh

Post by Aceshigh » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:28 pm

I wish we could have some of our discarded forwards back , wot a pack we coulda had , Woods , Fifita ,Tapau,Lodge,Tatola , just dreaming 😂😂

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:44 pm

There may be a few players from Parramatta available. They have (apparently) just signed Blake Ferguson and the Morris twins.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:46 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:44 pm
There may be a few players from Parramatta available. They have (apparently) just signed Blake Ferguson and the Morris twins.
Morris twins, really? Bevan French should be a target. And Gutherson definitely (though they'd be mad to let him go).
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 1:23 am

The way I see it the club has 3 big calls coming up on player futures at WT- Brooks, McQueen & Reynolds.

McQueen hasn't threatened for first grade selection all season, Reynolds has hardly been able to get and stay on the field and Brooks continues to underwhelm. We might have to suggest ESL and possibly even do some swaps for English players to try out.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 1:24 am

Sorry gang, double post. Darn internet dropping out.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 9:39 am

prattenparkchild wrote:
Sat 07 Jul, 2018 1:23 am
The way I see it the club has 3 big calls coming up on player futures at WT- Brooks, McQueen & Reynolds.

McQueen hasn't threatened for first grade selection all season, Reynolds has hardly been able to get and stay on the field and Brooks continues to underwhelm. We might have to suggest ESL and possibly even do some swaps for English players to try out.
Sadly, it’s not the clubs call as all three are still contracted.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 10:47 am

Brooks has a year to run but we may be looking for a replacement but only if someone better is out there.

McQueen may leave for another NRL club with a better shot at first grade but there won’t be club banging down the door. We’ll be paying some freight if he does move on.

Reynolds will be great of fit but has had a terrible run the last couple of years and we may have lost the gamble here - time will tell.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 10:50 am

If we’re basing offloading Reynolds due to injuries, there won’t be many clubs lining up.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 2:02 pm

Sat 07 Jul, 2018 10:47 am
Brooks has a year to run but we may be looking for a replacement but only if someone better is out there.

McQueen may leave for another NRL club with a better shot at first grade but there won’t be club banging down the door. We’ll be paying some freight if he does move on.

Reynolds will be great of fit but has had a terrible run the last couple of years and we may have lost the gamble here - time will tell.

Did you see the young Penrith half last night? I thought it was young Benji reincarnated.

I hope Brooks was watching.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 2:32 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 07 Jul, 2018 2:02 pm

Did you see the young Penrith half last night? I thought it was young Benji reincarnated.

Um I'm confused.
You guys are complaining that Brooks can't manage a game but yet you want to replace him with a 2 game half that plays like Benji. That wasnt a game where the halves had to be heavily involved in directing the team, Tyrone May was involved just as much but neither half did it alone with Katoa and the rest of the team chipping in. Having Griffin play that young halves combination proably encouraged the forward pack to stand up and be the leaders. Great team performance. Luiai has skill and has ability and fitted in nicely on the back of what the forwards did that game. No one long kick was required from the Panthers halves. The total metres for the Panthers were almost 2000, meaning everyone of their players ran for over 100m on average!

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 3:28 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 07 Jul, 2018 2:02 pm

Yep saw it. Was an impressive performance. Would like to know how it he has been going in ISP.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm

Can we get an update on players, signed, unsigned, and leaving, so we know how many spots in the top 30 need to be filled for 2019. Fingers crossed they don’t repeat only signing 27 or 28 players and leaving the remaining spots vacant.

will1999

Post by will1999 » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:05 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm
Can we get an update on players, signed, unsigned, and leaving, so we know how many spots in the top 30 need to be filled for 2019. Fingers crossed they don’t repeat only signing 27 or 28 players and leaving the remaining spots vacant.