Tyson Gamble

TIGERPOWER

Re: Tyson Gamble

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:43 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:14 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:41 am
Gamble looks a fantastic prospect. Not sure why some people are jumping up and down at his supporters. Hopefully he gets a chance in first grade because he won’t let Ivan down.
He might need a few chances if he keeps on dishing up those performances
Dare I say Tui will get picked before him if Reynolds and Marshall aren’t ready to go for next game.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:46 am

Apparently Tui was garbage yesterday

tonza

Post by tonza » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:50 pm

Was not as bad as some people are saying. Played better than half the team. Chalk it up to experience. I hope he gets another chance at some stage.

west#67

Post by west#67 » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 2:03 pm

Maybe they should send to Matthew Johns for private lessons

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 2:09 pm

What about trying Gamble in the centres ?? He's got speed, a good step and he's big lad, 6'3" nearly 100 kgs (so they kept on saying during the fox coverage)

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 2:13 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 2:09 pm
What about trying Gamble in the centres ?? He's got speed, a good step and he's big lad, 6'3" nearly 100 kgs (so they kept on saying during the fox coverage)
Will it stop him kicking on the 3rd?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 2:23 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
I think that is every chance of happening now Fonua is out for an extended period..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 2:26 pm

I just can't work out some of you people.
Even if he was Alfie, Johns, Fittler and Smith all rolled into one . . . do you reckon it would have been hard to shine in that crap team performance we dished up ?
One of the reasons we were travelling so well in the first half is that we had a D Half, and MORE THAN ONE ATTACKING OPTION. Gamble's runs at the line, kicking and passing options always put the defence in 2 minds.
The kid can tackle, too.
He kicked on the 3rd tackle !!!!!!!! is that the first time this season for us ?
Yeah nah. Yeah nah my left one.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 2:59 pm

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 8:09 am
Seen enough yesterday to suggest that Tyson is worth persevering with terrible game to debut in promising signs early but tge game changed remarkably when Hodgson came on Canberra for some reason have the wood on us at present probably payback for the times we knocked them out of semi finals I would give him another run with Reynolds starting at nine his experience would be of great assistance to Tyson
I said last week that it wasn’t time to experiment- found out later Reynolds was injured so Gamble had to move up. But as long as we are in semis race he should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Reynolds fit - he plays 6. Benji fit - he’s there to spell Reynolds. Both better options than Gamble at this stage.
If we fall out of contention- sure, see what he’s got. (Which I still think is not much).
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 3:02 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 2:23 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
I think that is every chance of happening now Fonua is out for an extended period..
That's a shame. Gamble looks hopeless regardless of position.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 3:59 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Look we shouldn't give up on this kid, especially after Sundays debacle - I still think he was used too early, but not many alternatives. Give him the rest of the season in ISP and another off season and give him another go then.

His defence needs to be worked on - playing him in the centre with his defence at the moment where the opposition has more room to move would be a disaster in my opinion.

Think he could still be good though with time and proper tuition - liked the way he had a go in attack, not always the right option but at least he didn't die wondering in a well beaten side.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 6:01 pm

Looks like Reynolds won’t get Anywhere near the 9 jumper at all, Thank God!,!

Post by 851 » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 6:18 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:09 pm
Poor start. Should get more than one chance to prove himself. Lolo got numerous chances to show something so I don't see why Gamble shouldn't.
True, Tui played way worse in better team games and held his spot for way to long, give the kid a crack when the team has a fair dinkum dig, I would still rate him to come good if the players around him were trying.
Go hard or go home

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:27 pm

Fairdinkum some of you blokes just don't get it.....Gambles debut was ordinary in a very ordinary team performance,noone said he was going to win the game for us because he is absolutely brilliant..did they...give the kid a chance to prove himself...everybody praised Moses,Brooks for such a long time as being the FUTURE of our club...Moses is playing like crap and Brooks has taken an infinity to prove he is NRL standard...

I cant stand it when someone isn't given the chances that others have had because of being overhyped in a much lower level of football.....GIVE THE KID A CHANCE IN A MUCH BETTER PERFORMING TEAM...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:25 pm

Disappointing to see but this guy has gone off the rails.

He has the finals coming up to build some form and show the club something for 2019, but what im seeing is a complete lack of confidence.

One thing thing that has bothered me about him is that if you look at his Q Cup highlight videos all the breaks, all the great plays are him playing left edge. He hasnt really been able to do that for us, Seems camped on the right trying to fit into our system

Im not willing to give up on him but if he cant produce as a playmaker in the State Cup finals id like to see him trial as a left centre or left edge forward. Failing that id say he will be moved on and pick up a back up role offer from another club.
Last edited by The Patriot on Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its an opinion!

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:32 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:27 pm
Fairdinkum some of you blokes just don't get it.....Gambles debut was ordinary in a very ordinary team performance,noone said he was going to win the game for us because he is absolutely brilliant..did they...give the kid a chance to prove himself...everybody praised Moses,Brooks for such a long time as being the FUTURE of our club...Moses is playing like crap and Brooks has taken an infinity to prove he is NRL standard...

I cant stand it when someone isn't given the chances that others have had because of being overhyped in a much lower level of football.....GIVE THE KID A CHANCE IN A MUCH BETTER PERFORMING TEAM...
Lol. Like Melbourne?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:36 pm

Sorward calling gamble for 13. Benj jump to his defense saying better when drinkwater was there but got cut off.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 5:46 pm

Harvey wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 9:46 am
Apparently Tui was garbage yesterday
Tui is mentally lazy and ‘vacant’ ... Gamble is a real prospect that is able to scheme, run, organise on the fly - I think he deserved more credit, not judge on a game where he was thrown into 1st grade against a team (Raiders) that normally put plenty of points on us at full strength.