•  Recent Topics
happy tiger

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by happy tiger » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 12:07 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:35 am
Glennb wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 9:14 am
I am seriously concerned that Roosters are already putting all their ducks in a row for a power play.

They sign Cronk for two seasons, then sack Robinson and sign both Cleary's.
Is Ivan leaving at the end of 2019..as he is contracted to Wests Tigers until the end of 2020 season...

If this is just a stepping stone for him..I'd rather he just go now I think..
Geo you can't blame coaches for trying to get themselves in better positions of stability , they get treated far worse than officials , players ,staff ....anyone

It's really wrong :x

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 12:56 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 12 Dec, 2017 12:53 pm
Zzzzzz
You have such a way with words... or at least letters.

barra

Post by barra » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 1:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Glennb wrote:
I am seriously concerned that Roosters are already putting all their ducks in a row for a power play.

Is Ivan leaving at the end of 2019..as he is contracted to Wests Tigers until the end of 2020 season...

He seems to be invested...

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 6:33 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 13 Dec, 2017 12:56 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 12 Dec, 2017 12:53 pm
Zzzzzz
You have such a way with words... or at least letters.
That's a good one.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 10:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Glennb wrote:

Stepping stone or not, I'd rather see what happens between now and 2020. If he's getting us into finals footy, he deserves a better contract and we now have plenty of time to put ourselves in the best position to retain him if we want to. I hope we've developed the business acumen to look at the longer term in our coaching staff and actually, I think we're showing good early signs.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 22 Dec, 2017 7:17 am

Let's just say it's good being a cleary. They both will have plenty of options next contract.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 22 Dec, 2017 8:44 am

Geo. wrote:
Glennb wrote:

It’s been a stepping stone for the last few years........to oblivion!
Let’s hope that that doesn’ repeat itself.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 8:14 pm

Reynolds and Cleary can't wait for the Super Bowl
Author
Hayley Byrnes
Timestamp
Fri 2 Feb 2018, 03:14 PM
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twiiter
Share via Whats-app
Share via Email

h
Reynolds and Cleary back Eagles in Super Bowl

Gridiron. NFL. American Football. Whatever the term you wish to describe the game being played in Monday's Super Bowl, it's kind of a big deal.

Here in Australia, for a handful of the NRL's finest the day brings an abundance of nerves as the New England Patriots take on the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LII (that's 52, for those of you who didn't pay attention to the Roman numeral lesson in primary school) to be played in Minnesota.

The Patriots, led by five-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady, are the favourites going into one of the biggest sporting events in the world, tipped to be watched by an audience of more than 110 million in the US alone.

However, it's the underdog Eagles who will have the full support of West Tigers five-eighth Josh Reynolds and Penrith Panther Nathan Cleary on Monday morning Australian time.

"I'm a bit sick actually, I read everything," Reynolds told NRL.com.

"I'm always on the NFL app, I sit and look up stuff on YouTube. I like finding out how the quarterbacks remember their plays, I'm fully into it.

"I first went over about three years ago, I was even lucky enough to get on the field at MetLife Stadium game after the New York Giants played the Eagles."

Josh Reynolds shows off his Super Bowl colours.
Josh Reynolds shows off his Super Bowl colours.
©NRL.com
For Cleary, if you take a moment to scroll through his Twitter account you'll see the same thing: constant tweets and retweets about his beloved Eagles.

"That's funny you bring that up because I looked through my timeline the other day and I thought 'oh man, I look crazy'," laughs Cleary.

While some NRL fans find the National Football League a tad frustrating, you can't tear these two away from it.

"I do get how people find it hard to watch though. It's long and can go for hours, but I love it," Cleary told NRL.com.

"Every Monday I watch it, we always have it on in the background while we're training at the gym.

"I initially got into NFL through my dad (West Tigers coach Ivan Cleary) but my interest and understanding of the game grew more by playing it on NFL Madden."

For Reynolds, his introduction to the NFL came through his grandmother and uncle.

"When I was little my grandma would always visit America, so whenever she'd come back she'd always bring NFL gear back for me and I'd sit and watch it as a kid with my uncle who went for the Washington Redskins," Reynolds said.

"He could never shake me from the Eagles though. From day one they have been my team.

"Then when I was old enough to make my own decision, Michael Vick was the quarterback for them and I used to love watching the way he'd run the ball and take opponents on."

Cleary also credits Vick's style of attacking football for initially becoming an Eagles fan.

"There was something about him. I still watch his highlights now, I'm a bit weird," Cleary laughs.

"He was like only one of the running quarterbacks back then that I can really remember, he was so good at it."

Reynolds also credits his passion for Eagles for the way the team grinds out wins week in, week out.

"They seem to be a team that plays for each other, and that's a big thing for me about why I support them," Reynolds said.

So has he had a chance to chat to Cleary about their shared passion for Philly?

"Well I've had a word to Ivan about Nathan, and he pulled out the 'bandwagon' tag," Reynolds claims.

"He's talking rubbish!" Cleary retaliates, laughing.

"Dad came home and he's like 'I stitched you up today, Josh came and asked me if you're a real Eagles fan and I told him only this year'."

But the question remains, with NRL trials now around the corner, will these two fanatics be able to watch the big game?

"Obviously if Ivan read this, hopefully he can give us Monday off, but I'd bet 100 per cent that's not going to happen," Reynolds laughs.

"Either way I'll be doing the best I can to watch it on my phone and when I get home."

Cleary also has his fingers crossed Monday's training schedule will be kind to him.

"I'm hoping we get to watch it, I'll be spewing if we don't. Most weeks with the time of our training we've been catching the back end of games, so fingers crossed that's the same come Monday," he said.

Yes. Come to the dark side my child.. haha. Would be handy if those two got along well for future consideration..

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 3:39 am

Well for once we can all say ‘go the Eagles’ - surely nobody here wants the Pats aka the NFL Storms to win???

PS this joke also works if you call them the ‘NFL Roosters’

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 9:35 am

Go Brady and the Pats.

My youngest son is a fanatical Pats supporter - so I'd like to see them win for him.

Personally I don't give a rats. It's League or nothing for me.

Post by 851 » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 6:29 pm

A little tele snippet, most likely Rothfield, saying what odds Ivan and Nathan at Roosters in 2020.
Go hard or go home

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 7:57 pm

I seen that.. I honestly think Ivan will stay. He wont get the same independence at the roosters compared to here.

will1999

Post by will1999 » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:03 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 6:29 pm
A little tele snippet, most likely Rothfield, saying what odds Ivan and Nathan at Roosters in 2020.
What are the odds

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:14 pm

Also Slothfield rubbished the Tigers for letting people know that Suli was a slack trainer, but he also said that Bryce Cartwright was a young man with a lot of personal issues and hanging around the wrong crowd.
Bags the Tigers then does the same thing to Cartwright.
No morals.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:23 pm

Can’t wait til NRL 360 tomorrow night.
‘Kenty’ the bulldogs have done such a good job resurrecting the career of that young man. It is just a toxic environment at the Tigers and that kid needed to leave.
And can I just say, good on the Panthers for letting the extremely troubled young man in Bryce a release to restart his career. I think Gould has done such a wonderful job here, unlike that Pascoe the, tigers have potentially destroyed the career of that kid for trapping him in their squad....

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:28 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:14 pm
Also Slothfield rubbished the Tigers for letting people know that Suli was a slack trainer, but he also said that Bryce Cartwright was a young man with a lot of personal issues and hanging around the wrong crowd.
No morals.
Don't know if it's a lack of morals or he's just a moron

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:30 pm

Yet people talk about him and read his stuff...hmmmmm..
Wayne Train 2019..

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:31 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:28 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:14 pm
No morals.
Don't know if it's a lack of morals or he's just a moron
Moron with an agenda.
"Quality Stupidity"