Re: Tim Simona

Post by diedpretty » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:29 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:21 am
diedpretty wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:16 am
MacDougall wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:24 pm
It was so dumb. He looked like a potentially very good player even while intentionally throwing games! Really stupid.
Thats a bit over the top - where is the evidence that he actually threw any games.
They did prove he not only bet on the games he played in, but bet on his opposing player to score first... That's throwing games for sure.
Thats not throwing a game - the way Mitch the b**** performed to get his way is throwing a game. And the consequences for what he did - he gets a contract with Parra - they deserved each other.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:36 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:29 am
TigerTiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:16 am
MacDougall wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:24 pm
It was so dumb. He looked like a potentially very good player even while intentionally throwing games! Really stupid.
Thats a bit over the top - where is the evidence that he actually threw any games.
They did prove he not only bet on the games he played in, but bet on his opposing player to score first... That's throwing games for sure.
Thats not throwing a game - the way Mitch the b**** performed to get his way is throwing a game. And the consequences for what he did - he gets a contract with Parra - they deserved each other.
I totally agree with that about Mitch. Tim tried to throw a game, how about that.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:45 am

Back in the headlines.
Wants a comeback ehh.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:48 am

diedpretty wrote:
CocaCola wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:59 pm
Some charities rip off the public more so than what Tim has done. eg. raising millions only to keeping 80% of that in house to cover 'expenses & wages'.

He's already been subject to public humiliation and his wrongs have resulted in him losing a great gig which has most likely resulted in losing millions of potential earnings over his career.
That is enough punishment on the young kid. No need to have a negative mindset on something which was trivial to begin with.
exactly - and don't get me started on non profit non govt organisations and churches. Biggest rip off merchants in the country and all in the name of helping those in need - yeah right.
Tim did the wrong thing but I wonder how bad his actions were in comparison to heaps of people in that industry.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 11:24 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:04 am
Stomping on heads OK..
Yes indeed! Stomping on heads, beating your wife, glassing your girlfriend then blaming your mate for it, punching taxi drivers, rampaging through the streets, harassing women, telling them they are going to die tonight then bashing the crap out of a guy in front of his wife and kids - all ok, Origin material even!

I'd be happy to have Tim back.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 11:28 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 11:24 am
Geo. wrote:
Stomping on heads OK..
Yes indeed! Stomping on heads, beating your wife, glassing your girlfriend then blaming your mate for it, punching taxi drivers, rampaging through the streets, harassing women, telling them they are going to die tonight then bashing the crap out of a guy in front of his wife and kids - all ok, Origin material even!

Simona stomped on OUR heads , that's the difference

Seems a lovely bloke , but no thanks

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 11:57 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 11:28 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Stomping on heads OK..

Simona stomped on OUR heads , that's the difference

Seems a lovely bloke , but no thanks
I don't think he should come back either but there are a lot of double standards going on here...Spud nailed it..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 11:59 am

When these players are sacked and barred from the game for a certain period of time, the team who they were playing for should have first option at taking them back. We lost out on Tim not playing last year and were building towards a first class back line.
I’d love to have him back on an incentive based contract.

He did the wrong thing, he’s admitted doing the wrong thing & done the time for the crime.

We should have the first chance on signing him, because a club like the storm or roosters are going to pick him up dirt cheap.

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:00 pm

To dragons is a fair bet after all they wanted Hayne

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:11 pm

What a way to ruin his career and his reputation. I always considered him one of the best guys in the game. Met him a couple times and he was the coolest guy. And as a player he was underrated.

It’s a tricky one. While in society, assault is much worse than match fixing, players who have committed assault aren’t sabotaging the results of games. When you are match fixing, it would be hard to earn the trust back. When you have a bad game, when you make a mistake, eyebrows raise. But that’s something he has to live with.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:18 pm

Some of the posters on here are so righteous they would put Mother Superior to shame.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:25 pm

If others got a second chance he deserves his.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:25 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Stomping on heads OK..

Because all those actions were not rightly punished - doesn't make them right.

This guy can be rightly punished and so should any further indiscretions.

If others are ripping off charities (you don't excuse him) you punish the others.

I would not be happy to have him back.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:28 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:18 pm
Some of the posters on here are so righteous they would put Mother Superior to shame.
Should those people (include myself) lower our standards to the level of criminals?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:32 pm

If he is rehabilitated i would take him back as he would solve part of our backline issues.What he did was disgraceful (charity ripoff mainly) but not as bad as what other players have done and continue to do with little or no real punishment.
As far as throwing games are concerned i dont believe he did judging on the way he played for us but it was idiocy to back the opposition even if he thought we couldnt win

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:34 pm

whether it is right or wrong to let him back is not up to any of us, if the NRL SAYS HE CAN COME BACK then so be it, we may as well get him or some less RIGHTOUS TEAM will reap the rewardeds.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 2:10 pm

Telltails wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:25 pm
If others got a second chance he deserves his.
I agree. Behaving bad has become par for a NRL player. There are NRL players who have performed just as bad and on their second and even third chance (i.e. Pierce etc) without suspension and are still allowed to play NRL for $thousands if not a million per year. Simona has served his time, shown humility and contrition and deserves another chance.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 2:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:11 pm
What a way to ruin his career and his reputation. I always considered him one of the best guys in the game. Met him a couple times and he was the coolest guy. And as a player he was underrated.

It’s a tricky one. While in society, assault is much worse than match fixing, players who have committed assault aren’t sabotaging the results of games. When you are match fixing, it would be hard to earn the trust back. When you have a bad game, when you make a mistake, eyebrows raise. But that’s something he has to live with.
Well summarised GNR. Add that to the aspect that aggression is part of the game, you almost expect some bad eggs in there with off-field violence.

What you don't expect is for guys to undercut their teammates.