Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

OldMagpie

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by OldMagpie » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:04 pm

I would say the Cleary's know what's going on and they are saying nothing, hoping that a release is imminent. That's why Nathan said he wants to sort out something sooner rather than later to put the pressure on Wests.
Otherwise, you would think Ivan would come out and say this is not true re: 2021 I'm at this club etc etc, repeat the “on the bus” tag
(Which he hasn’t mentioned in a long time)
I think they’re hoping for Gus to sort it out for them in the event we buckle.
Last edited by OldMagpie on Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:05 pm

Abraham wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:27 pm
There is no way Penrith believes Ciraldo is the guy to coach them to a premiership over the next 2 years.

They are banking on WTs releasing Clearly from his contract so he can take up the gig from next year.

So if I'm Justin Pascoe i give Gus the two fingered salute and refuse to release Ivan. Almost guaranteed that Penrith withdraw the offer to Ivan and chase another high profile coach instead.

I'm not saying this because i think Ivan is the best coach since Jack Gibson, but because our club cant afford to restart yet another re-build, and Ivan should be made to see out what he agreed to do for the club.

If he wants to p1ss off after 2020 then that's his business.
I don't see why they would think Ivan would be the guy to coach them to a Premiership either. He doesn't really have the runs on the board, he is great at rebuilding teams, but Penrith don't need rebuilding, they need a coach who can actually take them to that next level.

Bennett, Flanagan or Robinson would be the ones to chase if they're really serious about a Premiership within a 2 year window, imo and hopefully they will chase one of these if Pascoe takes your advice and gives Penrith the two fingered salute to an early release :mrgreen:

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:13 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:05 pm
Abraham wrote:
There is no way Penrith believes Ciraldo is the guy to coach them to a premiership over the next 2 years.

They are banking on WTs releasing Clearly from his contract so he can take up the gig from next year.

So if I'm Justin Pascoe i give Gus the two fingered salute and refuse to release Ivan. Almost guaranteed that Penrith withdraw the offer to Ivan and chase another high profile coach instead.

I'm not saying this because i think Ivan is the best coach since Jack Gibson, but because our club cant afford to restart yet another re-build, and Ivan should be made to see out what he agreed to do for the club.

I don't see why they would think Ivan would be the guy to coach them to a Premiership either. He doesn't really have the runs on the board, he is great at rebuilding teams, but Penrith don't need rebuilding, they need a coach who can actually take them to that next level.

Bennett, Flanagan or Robinson would be the ones to chase if they're really serious about a Premiership within a 2 year window, imo and hopefully they will chase one of these if Pascoe takes your advice and gives Penrith the two fingered salute to an early release :mrgreen:
I don't think Gus wants Ivan because he thinks Ivan will help them win directly. I think Gus wants Nathan as he thinks Nathan can help them win and Ivan is just the means to keep Nathan.

Ivan must see that, just maybe he doesn't care and wants to be with his son.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:13 pm

If he does sign for 2021, just let him go now. We aren't going to get players, but financial compensation that would give us the ability to sign a guy like Maguire would do me. Why keep IC for 2 years when Madge might have secured another role by then? The circus with the Cleary's started the day Ivan was appointed, and it needs to end ASAP.

OldMagpie

Post by OldMagpie » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:21 pm

The only way we can consider a release
Ciraldo
Kikau
RCG
W Blake
And $200,000 in our favour for compensation

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:24 pm

Funny that Nathan comes out saying "it will be hard to leave this group"
Gus sees an opportunity to fast track this current mindset...
More articles appear about Ivan to get in Nathan's head.
Its a pretty elaborate ruse.

If Nathan is smart, he would wait and stick to his original time lines.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm

OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:21 pm
The only way we can consider a release
Ciraldo
Kikau
RCG
W Blake
And $200,000 in our favour for compensation
We aren't getting players :brick:

And if we were, why would they give up those players, Kikau especially, when they will have Ivan in 2 years anyway.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:28 pm

We are in a holding pattern until the Clearys fulfill their dream!
Nice family, but its time to get everything Penrith is prepared to throw at us to make it happen and let us get on with focussing on Wests Tigers instead of the Clearys.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:31 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:24 pm
Funny that Nathan comes out saying "it will be hard to leave this group"
Gus sees an opportunity to fast track this current mindset...
More articles appear about Ivan to get in Nathan's head.
Its a pretty elaborate ruse.

If Nathan is smart, he would wait and stick to his original time lines.
If Nathan is smart, He would extend with penrith one year to align up with his dads contract.
That way they are open as a package to the highest bidder.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:33 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:54 am
Yossarian wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:43 am

We went 12-12 this year with our $700k half off the field pretty much all season. Surely if you're Nathan Cleary you'd think you're good for a couple more wins at least.
Yoss - Really respect your insight as you know.

Im not sure Reynolds Would have /Will add that much to us when fit next year.

Our Fwds are still not formidable enough IMO
Don't get me wrong - we have many faults. But based on results we're not far off. A 14-10 season is usually solid top 6. All I'm saying is that on that basis we're shouldn't be a no go for recruits. It's not like we need massive changes just selective tweaking.

We need back row metres. Taylor and Eisenhuth don't cut it. Some of the defence in the Souths game would have been embarrassing at Schoolboy level.

Packer started well but faded. Matulino was the opposite. Clearly we're a prop down. Twal is solid but developing. There needs to be someone else to come off the bench.

We need a centre who can defend. Fonua has the attitude but not the smarts. Marsters looked great at times but poor and his low points.

Long story short we have too many tryers and not enough dynamism.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:36 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:51 am
Yossarian wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:43 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:28 am
beachtiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:45 am
What an absolute circus with the Ringleader being Gus Gould!!! He is a master manipulator and if the Cleary's can't see that then good luck to them.

If what is being reported is correct and Gus is playing everyone off against each other to make IC's position untenable with timeline of contracts can you imagine the media circus if we stick strong and make IC work out the remaining two years of his contract before going back to be Gus's lap dog!

There will be weekly comments from Gus saying how he can't believe the Tigers are trying to hang onto someone that doesn't want to be there, it's stifling our options to attract players blah blah blah!!

He is an abhorrent human being!!!
Again the club could of been far smarter , signed players in our positions of weakness early in the season and make us look like a viable option for NC and IC and any other players coming off ciontract
We went 12-12 this year with our $700k half off the field pretty much all season. Surely if you're Nathan Cleary you'd think you're good for a couple more wins at least.
We still missed the Top 8 by three wins Yoss

We are a long way away from the top sides
My point is young Nathan should think he's worth 3 more wins on his own. Where's the self belief?

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:13 pm
If he does sign for 2021, just let him go now. We aren't going to get players, but financial compensation that would give us the ability to sign a guy like Maguire would do me. Why keep IC for 2 years when Madge might have secured another role by then? The circus with the Cleary's started the day Ivan was appointed, and it needs to end ASAP.
Agree. Get financial compensation and be done with all this Cleary family nonsense.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Droppy05

Post by Droppy05 » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:41 pm

Just let the Cleary's be together. Get best compensation from Panthers and move on. We don't need this sh.t hanging over the club for next 2 years. His heart is not in the job and he is no great loss. Sign Madge or Bennett. Coaches with form on the board.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm

Seen a photo on Fox Sports Ivan chatting to Panthers boss and Warriors Panthers game

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:55 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Abraham wrote:

I don't think Gus wants Ivan because he thinks Ivan will help them win directly. I think Gus wants Nathan as he thinks Nathan can help them win and Ivan is just the means to keep Nathan.

You nailed it, Nathan is calling the shots. Ivan is now a passenger here - time to look for a driver.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:12 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:55 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Abraham wrote:

You nailed it, Nathan is calling the shots. Ivan is now a passenger here - time to look for a driver.
I think 'Nathan calling the shots' is a bit simplistic. Nathan and Ivan live in the same house. They don't have to have clandestine latte's together. Unless I'm way wrong, they are playing this together to a plan.
"Quality Stupidity"

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:22 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:12 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:55 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

I think 'Nathan calling the shots' is a bit simplistic. Nathan and Ivan live in the same house. They don't have to have clandestine latte's together. Unless I'm way wrong, they are playing this together to a plan.
And it looks like we a speed hump in the way of what they want. Hardly ideal from our perspective. But we shall see.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:22 pm

Maguire is the play here for the Tigers and release Cleary. Penrith to buy out Ivan’s contract value say 1.5m over the two years.
Coach upgrade and cash in the bank.