Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1705
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by matchball » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:32 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:11 am
Its not very often one agrees with Laurie Daley, errrr.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e2cfa8fd88
I agree with it.
Also it shows that Gus is a toad. Destabilising us to get what he wants.

I cant stand his face.


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:33 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
But why is there the desire to extend him ?
He’s an average coach !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

uuem
Member
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu 07 Jan, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by uuem » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:34 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
Does preseason training start in November?

THE POM
Member
Member
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue 09 Feb, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by THE POM » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:33 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
But why is there the desire to extend him ?
He’s an average coach !
He has the backing of the players & all have bought into the culture & attitude he's created. Another coach no matter who it is will create instability at 1st. Improvements this year were shown & the club dose not want to upset that. Cleary's reputation has & will continue to take a hit until this is settled.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29202
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:38 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:35 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:26 am
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:11 am
Its not very often one agrees with Laurie Daley, errrr.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e2cfa8fd88
More of Gould attempting to up the pressure on the WTs. Same message, different face.
That was my immediate thought as soon as I opened the article. Nothing to see here folks.
Hah!
Thnx for saving me a waste of time NT


Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:42 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
At least the club is being proactive i suppose.

Was the player we missed out on a decent signing?

If Ivan goes i suppose the obvious replacement would be madge ... assuming he wants to come here. I'm just not sold on him for some reason. The game has changed alot since he won the prize with Souths, and his game plans and strategies are no longer effective. Hope i am wrong about him, but if its a toss up between Cleary and Madge, then i go with Ivan the Terrible.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29202
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:44 pm

Abraham wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:42 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
At least the club is being proactive i suppose.

Was the player we missed out on a decent signing?

If Ivan goes i suppose the obvious replacement would be madge ... assuming he wants to come here. I'm just not sold on him for some reason. The game has changed alot since he won the prize with Souths, and his game plans and strategies are no longer effective. Hope i am wrong about him, but if its a toss up between Cleary and Madge, then i go with Ivan the Terrible.
The club has to offer an extension before one can be agreed to

Mystery player is probably CHN :roll:

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4044
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:49 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:33 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
But why is there the desire to extend him ?
He’s an average coach !
He has the backing of the players & all have bought into the culture & attitude he's created. Another coach no matter who it is will create instability at 1st. Improvements this year were shown & the club dose not want to upset that. Cleary's reputation has & will continue to take a hit until this is settled.
Thanks for spelling out that which many have seen as obvious for a long time. Your insight is valued by many here, so it will likely change the narrative of a good few.

User avatar
TSupps05
Member
Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by TSupps05 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:50 pm

Who was the player
All aboard the Wayne Train :righton: :sign:

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:53 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:25 am
Is there any chance of getting Sheens back?
Does anybody know if it’s a possibility?
With Sheens, Hodgo and Marshall and maybe Farah as assistant coaches I’d feel is the only way to secure people who would not want to leave or be bought off.
Not sure how Sheens would feel but if a few of his 05 troops with him and the new board maybe he would come back.
I think that there would still be a fair bit of bad blood between Sheens and RF.

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:44 pm
Abraham wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:42 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
At least the club is being proactive i suppose.

Was the player we missed out on a decent signing?

If Ivan goes i suppose the obvious replacement would be madge ... assuming he wants to come here. I'm just not sold on him for some reason. The game has changed alot since he won the prize with Souths, and his game plans and strategies are no longer effective. Hope i am wrong about him, but if its a toss up between Cleary and Madge, then i go with Ivan the Terrible.
The club has to offer an extension before one can be agreed to

Mystery player is probably CHN :roll:
If we could afford Nathan, we can now afford someone else with that price tag. There's absolutely no point in wasting that money.

With Sharks reportedly looking at Munster, (how under their cap I have no idea) could we throw a bucketload at him to entice him over?
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:57 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
So if IC was committed to the club we would have another signing

The fact we lost a player for that reason points to IC wanting out

Surely if he really wanted that player at the club he would've assured that player he would be here but obviously wants to get to Penrith ASAP

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7076
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:01 pm

The fact that it is effecting our recruitment is a real issue because at the end of the day it’s the quality of your roster that wins you matches more than who coaches your team.

Our team will go backwards in 2019 without at least two more quality signings. You would also have to assume if CHN was the player we missed that he had some information that Cleary is on the move and being a close friend of NC that is possible.

I get the feeling this will be sorted very soon....with the smart money being on a new coach

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:01 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
Good news. Its called the Wests Tigers growing a set.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
izotope
Member
Member
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by izotope » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:02 pm

Odds on IC signing a contract extension?
tigers!

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3833
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:03 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
Cheers, POM.
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:05 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
As I pointed out many pages ago, I was told to stop believing Gus and his media mates, I knew this would affect recruitment, stood out like the proverbial to me. :x
Go hard or go home

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:05 pm

izotope wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:02 pm
Odds on IC signing a contract extension?
That MUST be the result.
Otherwise it’s hard road ahead for both WT and Cleary.

Locked