Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

innsaneink

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by innsaneink » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 6:56 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 6:51 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 3:27 pm
Well...as Pascoe noted, half the clubs dont have a coach lined up past next year...so there will be a lot of off-contract, confused & turned off NRL players about
But none of those coaches have a contract with a rival team for the end of their current contract, huge, huge difference
No...its not
The coaches are unsigned past next year...the players dont know who will be coaching, is recruitment & retention an issue for them?
No
The coaching merry go round is constant in the NRL and things always get sorted, some here just being overly melodramatic

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 6:58 pm

Swordy wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 6:47 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 5:47 pm
Swordy wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 3:44 pm
Even the worst coach won't be thinking about their plans in 2 years, their reputation is today. They aren't the solitary man in recruiting, not ideal, but it's not wrist slashing time.

And we all know the Gould might even change his mind before the time came anyway.

As with any player (many of whom sign 12 months ahead of time), they need to do their best to protect their brand. Ivan Cleary is no different,
Would that be because no coach has a contract with another club in 2 years time?

If he signs with Penrith mid contract with us, like he did when he was the warriors coach, then we gotta get someone else. Sooner rather than later.
You're presuming no other coach has ever done this or sounded out other clubs without telling the public. To presume this has never happened is naive.

Seibold to Broncos 2020. You don't think that hasn't been discussed, just as an example?
Im saying if he does sign with penrith.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 7:01 pm

I have a feeling he’ll be here next season.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 7:11 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 5:21 pm
rex2ce wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 5:16 pm
I’m struggling to work out the truth from the lies in this situation, Ivan was seen as the saviour for WT when he was appointed,so far nothing has changed in real time, we have two good signings from roosters, Ivan has said he is staying for two more years minimum, I believe that he is a man of integrity so would not be slitting wrists yet
I wonder when the signings he has made are due to expire with us.
If Mbye, Matterson and co are all off contract in 2021 id be a little concerned.
Both of those players contracts go beyond Cleary’s.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 7:22 pm

Swordy wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Swordy wrote:
Even the worst coach won't be thinking about their plans in 2 years, their reputation is today. They aren't the solitary man in recruiting, not ideal, but it's not wrist slashing time.

And we all know the Gould might even change his mind before the time came anyway.

As with any player (many of whom sign 12 months ahead of time), they need to do their best to protect their brand. Ivan Cleary is no different,
Would that be because no coach has a contract with another club in 2 years time?

If he signs with Penrith mid contract with us, like he did when he was the warriors coach, then we gotta get someone else. Sooner rather than later.
You're presuming no other coach has ever done this or sounded out other clubs without telling the public. To presume this has never happened is naive.

Seibold to Broncos 2020. You don't think that hasn't been discussed, just as an example?
Siebolds reaction to that was very different to Ivan's - he shut it down very quickly and not from a written statement.
If Ivan is suring up his positon to coach Penrith in two years time, and if there is an agreeable solution between the two clubs to make it happen sooner than later then I hope they make it happen asap.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:00 pm

Telltails wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 7:22 pm
Swordy wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Swordy wrote:

Siebolds reaction to that was very different to Ivan's - he shut it down very quickly and not from a written statement.
Doesn't mean it's not happening.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:02 pm

I’m actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the guy.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:12 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:02 pm
Nothern beaches living with a 6 figure salary, Im not sorry for him...envious yeh

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:12 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:02 pm
Nothern beaches living with a 6 figure salary, Im not sorry for him...envious yeh
Lol

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:19 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 6:33 pm
Balmainian wrote:
rex2ce wrote:
I’m struggling to work out the truth from the lies in this situation, Ivan was seen as the saviour for WT when he was appointed,so far nothing has changed in real time, we have two good signings from roosters, Ivan has said he is staying for two more years minimum, I believe that he is a man of integrity so would not be slitting wrists yet
If Mbye, Matterson and co are all off contract in 2021 id be a little concerned.
Youre concerned?
Signings made months apart, with an apparent view im assuming to Cleary taking them to Penrith with him in two years time...all designed to fit the balance of that squad and their cap without knowing who is recruited, released & retired in the meantime???

That would be some feat!

:deadhorse:
Another day trolling the net hey ink?

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 7:11 pm
Balmainian wrote:
rex2ce wrote:
Both of those players contracts go beyond Cleary’s.
Cheers Gunners

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:26 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:19 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Balmainian wrote:
rex2ce wrote:
Youre concerned?
Signings made months apart, with an apparent view im assuming to Cleary taking them to Penrith with him in two years time...all designed to fit the balance of that squad and their cap without knowing who is recruited, released & retired in the meantime???

That would be some feat!

Meh...if thats what you call me replying to your post...cant think of anything else?

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 9:01 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:00 pm
Telltails wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 7:22 pm
Swordy wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Doesn't mean it's not happening.
True but when and if he has meetings with the Broncos while under contract to Souths and starts talking about committing to them before his two years before his contract is up, then the reaction and focus will be vastly different too I would think.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 9:05 pm

When has Ivan been talking about committing to them (penrith) before his two years before his contract is up, ??

Hasnt happened to my knowledge, stop fabricating things

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 9:29 pm

I have to say I found this statement from Pascoe intriguing and revealing.

‘‘It’s the Wests Tigers before our friendship,’’ Pascoe said. ‘‘Yeah we have a close relationship, but we need to be pragmatic and professional. Once he [Ivan Cleary] talked to Penrith, he compromised that and I had to put the Tigers first.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 9:39 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 9:05 pm
When has Ivan been talking about committing to them (penrith) before his two years before his contract is up, ??

Hasnt happened to my knowledge, stop fabricating things
Poor use of words - IF he commits/signs with Penrith in 2021 - not trying to fabricate anything not my bag to do so.
Also have no problem with Ivan pursuing what he wants if the opportunity arises - just dont think we benefit with him seeing out his contract IF in fact that it is the way it pans out

Prefer a solution where we can continue what he started, without the focus on where Ivan is headed, instead of where we are headed.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 10:15 pm

Balmainian wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Balmainian wrote:
rex2ce wrote:
Youre concerned?

That would be some feat!

Rex, He doesn’t need to take players to Penrith,
They keep churning good players out of their system every year , there’s not too many spots open in

Their team and their Developement pathways

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 10:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:26 pm
Balmainian wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Balmainian wrote:

Youre concerned?

That would be some feat!

Meh...if thats what you call me replying to your post...cant think of anything else?
All I asked was how long were their contracts.

Either you know how long or you don’t.
It’s a shame your sarcastic comments are a real trend on this forum.